Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Google Home Mini - $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 6:58 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18697 posts
5729 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: SDM flyer runs Sat-Fri and GHM is listed at $39.99 starting tomorrow Nov 25-Dec 1.

Remember to check your SDM app for a bonus coupon, for example I have 8000 bonus points (I figure that's $12 in groceries after Feb 1) for spending $30+. Don't see anything in exceptions that would rule out GHM. That coupon expires today but they show up regularly. Sometimes they'll give me a 12000-for-$50 good for only a day or 2.

=aw
i have $360 worth of points...should i use it? will i get point if i use the points?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sep 30, 2015
641 posts
882 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I just grabbed the coral one right from the google site.
$39 and free shipping.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2006
1510 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
For those with smart devices, Google Home just announced expanded integrations including connected Samsung and LG appliances as well as scene support for home automation: https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7073578
Home automation, NOVO (HiFi) Magazine, Google Trusted Photographer, electric vehicles.
Apr 7, 2012
824 posts
847 upvotes
gta
JPTN wrote: For those with smart devices, Google Home just announced expanded integrations including connected Samsung and LG appliances as well as scene support for home automation: https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7073578
thats what i like about the home mini, there wont be much regret of getting version 1 vs what ever they come up in a year or 2 like the original chromecast as most of the upgrades will be software based. already in for 4 (2 at launch and 2 yesterday).
Jun 24, 2008
125 posts
35 upvotes
Markham
The source just stocked some more online.
Aug 7, 2015
243 posts
126 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can we price match the Google Mini Home at Shopper's today? Since a lot of places are on sale today, but the Shopper's sale starts tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
i have $360 worth of points...should i use it? will i get point if i use the points?
Since this was in reply to my post, I'll do one of those "I'm sorry I don't know" replies which always seem so pointless. I would not redeem at SDM because I'm waiting for the Feb 1 conversion.

My current 73350pt ($115) is about 0.16c/pt. If I get to 95000pt ($170) by Feb 1 (unlikely but possible) they'll be worth about 0.18c/pt. A small difference admittedly.

TBH, I've never redeemed an Optimum point in my life, so I can't answer that. I'll say that any inclination I had to redeem a large quantity at SDM (to maximize $/pt) went away with the announcement that cash value will convert to PCPlus (Loblaws) on Feb 1. Unless I"m misunderstanding, my 73350 ($115 at SDM) would become $115 worth of PCPlus points (what's that, 115000 PC+?). Then I can redeem in $10 increments ($20 min) at Loblaws, RCSS, NF, and possibly even SDM.

I've watched the Optimum points build and thought "well they're worth more if I redeem more at once" while realizing I'd never buy something expensive from SDM (most of the time their prices are stupid, and when they're not -- like next week -- their return policy, like CT's, makes me cringe). So I'm really looking forward to Feb 1 when my points will be easy to use (Loblaws/RCSS/etc., $20 min and $10 increments).

As for earning if you redeem, I suspect not but I don't know (most programs don't count redemptions toward spending, but some do I think). However if you're hoping for an 8000pt coupon for spending $30, the one I have the expires today but here are the terms:
Offer valid from Friday, November 24 to Friday, November 24
*Offer valid at participating Shoppers Drug Mart®/PharmaprixMD stores with presentation of Optimum Card at time of transaction. Offer expires after one use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions. Product availability may vary by store. We reserve the right to limit quantities and to revoke offer at any time. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Maximum 8,000 points per offer regardless of total dollar value of transaction. Excludes prescription purchases, medications in Quebec, non-pointable items, products that contain codeine, tobacco products, lottery tickets, passport photos, stamps, transit tickets and passes, gift cards & prepaid cards. No rainchecks. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points, promotions or offers.
so assuming a similar coupon would work on GHM next week, I think you have to give them $30 in real money (not point redemptions). Redeeming even $10 worth of Optimum points would negate this (spend would be $29.99). I've never tried it but I wouldn't risk it. I'd rather spend the $40 and get that much further toward bumping my effective earn from 1.6c/$ to 1.8c/$ (if I'm doing the math right).

And I have no idea if the bonus-for-redemption offer makes a difference (it might), if I had to spend as Optimum I might consider but it's easier to be focussed on the PCPlus thing. Sometimes it's just too complicated. :)

Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have direct experience.
=aw
Last edited by aw1883 on Nov 24th, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
j27wu wrote: The source just stocked some more online.
Thanks!!! Snagged a Mini and a Chromecast. I hope they don't cancel my order for whatever reason. Used my coupon. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by cellnerd on Nov 24th, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: SDM flyer runs Sat-Fri and GHM is listed at $39.99 starting tomorrow Nov 25-Dec 1.

Remember to check your SDM app for a bonus coupon, for example I have 8000 bonus points (I figure that's $12 in groceries after Feb 1) for spending $30+. Don't see anything in exceptions that would rule out GHM. That coupon expires today but they show up regularly. Sometimes they'll give me a 12000-for-$50 good for only a day or 2.

=aw
8000 points shows as $10 after conversion on their site.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Yeah, thanks! I went with the big Google Home for $99.99 and used a $25/$100 coupon. Not sure if I needed a filler, the first time I tried it rejected so I added a filler and then it still rejected because I didn't put in the hyphens in the coupon (or I put the letters in lower case, I dunno which was wrong).

Lowes would have been better (with the $25/$100 VISA offer) because it's 99c cheaper and because they were offering 20xAM worth $6 and change (doesn't show now but it's also sold out). But Lowes doesn't have it so it's not directly relevant.

=aw
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
aw1883 wrote: Since this was in reply to my post, I'll do one of those "I'm sorry I don't know" replies which always seem so pointless. I would not redeem at SDM because I'm waiting for the Feb 1 conversion.

My current 73350pt ($115) is about 0.16c/pt. If I get to 95000pt ($170) by Feb 1 (unlikely but possible) they'll be worth about 0.18c/pt. A small difference admittedly.

TBH, I've never redeemed an Optimum point in my life, so I can't answer that. I'll say that any inclination I had to redeem a large quantity at SDM (to maximize $/pt) went away with the announcement that cash value will convert to PCPlus (Loblaws) on Feb 1. Unless I"m misunderstanding, my 73350 ($115 at SDM) would become $115 worth of PCPlus points (what's that, 115000 PC+?). Then I can redeem in $10 increments ($20 min) at Loblaws, RCSS, NF, and possibly even SDM.

I've watched the Optimum points build and thought "well they're worth more if I redeem more at once" while realizing I'd never buy something expensive from SDM (most of the time their prices are stupid, and when they're not -- like next week -- their return policy, like CT's, makes me cringe). So I'm really looking forward to Feb 1 when my points will be easy to use (Loblaws/RCSS/etc., $20 min and $10 increments).

As for earning if you redeem, I suspect not but I don't know (most programs don't count redemptions toward spending, but some do I think). However if you're hoping for an 8000pt coupon for spending $30, the one I have the expires today but here are the terms:

so assuming a similar coupon would work on GHM next week, I think you have to give them $30 in real money (not point redemptions). Redeeming even $10 worth of Optimum points would negate this (spend would be $29.99). I've never tried it but I wouldn't risk it. I'd rather spend the $40 and get that much further toward bumping my effective earn from 1.6c/$ to 1.8c/$ (if I'm doing the math right).

And I have no idea if the bonus-for-redemption offer makes a difference (it might), if I had to spend as Optimum I might consider but it's easier to be focussed on the PCPlus thing. Sometimes it's just too complicated. :)

Hope this helps. Sorry I don't have direct experience.
=aw
Who has time to figure all this out? They're running you like a hamster on a wheel.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
8000 points shows as $10
I think that's because the minimum redemption is 8000pt/$10 and they don't want to oversell it. And you're right I should look at it as $10 not $12 or whatever I thought [I was doing "my points overall represent about 1.5%" instead of the fixed tiers they offer]. It's complicated and I'm tired of plans like this (so I'm happy they're moving to PCP, though I don't know if that means points only when advertised instead of everything).

They say my 73350pt is worth $115. I think that's because I could redeem 50K for $85 and 22K for $30, and have 1350pt left over. I assume on Feb 1 those will be lost in the conversion, or maybe they're going to be really nice and transfer any stray points at the base 8K/$10 level (I think that's $1.6875). I have no idea what they'll do, I'm hoping they'll pick up every last point but I'll live with it if they don't.

For me, if I earn nothing else, that 8K would take me to 81K and it would be worth only $10 ($125 for 50K+22K+8K Rewards). However if I get to 80K otherwise, then that bonus 8K is worth $20 ($145 for 50K+38K vs $125 for $50K+22K+8K). So I can't say the 8K bonus is worth $12 or whatever, it could be worth $10 and it could be worth $20 (or even more, but I'm not likely to hit 100K even with that bonus, I figure 88K is as realistic as it gets).

The previous paragraph assumes the stray points are lost on Feb 1. Obviously if they convert every point at the bottom 8K/$10 rate, the $20 bump is less and my brain has now shut down. :)

I figure I'll just keep earning (though I should assume 8K bonus is worth $10 for "is it worth it?" calculations) and do the really heavy lifting on Feb 2 when I'm auditing their conversion.

Thanks!
=aw
Last edited by aw1883 on Nov 24th, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Who has time to figure all this out? They're running you like a hamster on a wheel.
Exactly, I don't figure it out. I just accumulated the points and figured some day I'd redeem. The PCPlus conversion makes a difference since I can assume I'll actually get $115 in value out of my "$115 in points", which was not the case when I had to spend $85 in an overpriced SDM.

The bottom line for me is, whatever the logic was before, the logic today is accumulate and wait for Feb 1. :)

=aw
Sep 23, 2010
324 posts
994 upvotes
Toronto
The Source also has them back online and in stock. HURRY!
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
What is this "Google-mini" thing? what can it do that your phone cannot do better?

Not only Google spies on everything you do online or on your phone, they will also listen to everything you talk about at home. What is wrong with you people.
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
May 30, 2017
752 posts
325 upvotes
Brampton, Mount Plea…
john5170 wrote: What is this "Google-mini" thing? what can it do that your phone cannot do better?

Not only Google spies on everything you do online or on your phone, they will also listen to everything you talk about at home. What is wrong with you people.
Google's already spying on you... if you use Google products and services like Maps, Chrome, Search, Gmail, and Android phones.

They also removed the Mini's ability to record stuff.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2013
1485 posts
789 upvotes
WATERLOO
can't decide between the regular home or the mini. is the bigger one better just for the speaker and microphone?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1663 posts
806 upvotes
Ottawa
Please let's not go down the "they're spying on you" path on this thread too. Obviously anyone who buys one is aware of what they can do, and is willing to take the tradeoff. Arguing at this point is not going to help, and it's got nothing to do with whether it's a deal.

=aw
Aug 27, 2017
86 posts
132 upvotes
john5170 wrote: What is this "Google-mini" thing? what can it do that your phone cannot do better?

OMG they'll know I get turned on by Teletubbies! Nooo

Why the hell would you be scared they listen to you?

Firstly, they won't waste their time listening to everyone.

Secondly, they can't use that info against you. Even if you say you killed JFK.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)