Careers

Shoppers Drug Mart Hiring Process?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2016 12:35 pm
Sep 16, 2016
10 posts
Toronto

Shoppers Drug Mart Hiring Process?

So, I had an interview at shoppers drug mart a few days ago and they called me a few hours ago asking to come over on Monday to fill in some paper work.

I just want to know, how is the hiring process like, I come in, fill the paper work and when do I get to start? do I have to wait a few days or a week?

Also, what do I have to bring with me? He didn't tell me much just to come and fill in paper work so I'm not sure what to really expect.

Need answers from people who worked there or currently working there please.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15620 posts
13284 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Yeah you got the job.

Bring SIN card.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Banned
Sep 30, 2016
73 posts
30 upvotes
MarinaM1 wrote: So, I had an interview at shoppers drug mart a few days ago and they called me a few hours ago asking to come over on Monday to fill in some paper work.

I just want to know, how is the hiring process like, I come in, fill the paper work and when do I get to start? do I have to wait a few days or a week?

Also, what do I have to bring with me? He didn't tell me much just to come and fill in paper work so I'm not sure what to really expect.

Need answers from people who worked there or currently working there please.
Bring your SIN card, a photo ID like Drivers License or anything else like PAssport, Health Card if you don't have a DL. They won't really see it, but just in case. Will help you fill up the form faster

Also bring a VOID bank cheque if you can, will help in Direct Deposit of your pay check and to set up your pay roll ASAP.

At this time of the year they need people for seasonal work and X'Mas and holidays in retail. So they pretty much pick up anyone and train them, they are desperate for people. You might start as early as in 1 week.

You will have some BS training /orientation session and then you will follow someone i.e shadow someone on the store floor with a Trainee badge/name.

Get ready to work evenings, weekends , weird shifts, opening/closing stores etc. The first couple of weeks will be very stresssful and confusing, due to the half ass training job they will do, and lot of brokeass cheap customers.

But afterwards you will get a hang of it, especially the computer systems, till, registers etc :). Just chill there, work for 2-3 months and then get your ass out of there.
Banned
Sep 30, 2016
73 posts
30 upvotes
I see you are in merchandising , that's pretty chill work. Working at the cash is a nightmare.

You just stock products on the shelf from the warehouse. You remove stale SALE price tags and put new price tags or clearance tags. The work will be more physical than mental. They wiil occasionally page you to cash for some price check or to take return products back or something like that. Or get some shopping carts from parking lot or help old people put stuff in their car.

While stocking on the floor, customer's will ask you where is this and where is that. You point them in the right direction or help them find the product on the shelf or tell them its sold out and ask them to get lost.

Problem in SDM is the tiny aisles and crammed spaces, so stocking is a nightmare especially with customers around. Friday/Saturday/Sunday will be busy due to new flyer coming out and some 20 x SDM points event or some 2 day sales.

Stocking a zillion vitamin bottles is a nightmare.