Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] IT'S BACK! Spend $200 or more on 2+ giftcards, get 8000 Optimum points

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 6:05 pm
May 27, 2017
8 posts
37 upvotes
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Lord Denning wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 9:07 pm
One more thought can I use optimum points to buy GCs?

Thinking redeem 95000 for $170 GC, buy $30 GC, get 8,000

redeem points to buy system, use GC purchased with redeemed points. therefore was able to get more than $170 applied to purchase.

Thoughts?
No, you can't use optimum points to buy GCs.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2879 posts
699 upvotes
QC
blue_raptor wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:08 pm
Also curious about this... anyone seen any?
Haven't see any xbox, even S version.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10134 posts
585 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:26 pm
So shoppers drug mart gift cards cannot load onto presto card
Cannot buy Canadian tires gift cards
Cannot buy amazon gift cards
Cannot buy chatr mobile top ups
Cannot buy theultimatediningcard gift cards
Cannot buy Netflix gift card
Cannot buy any gas cards
Cannot buy steam gift card
Cannot buy google gift card
Cannot buy PlayStation plus subscription or gift cards

Cannot be used at self checkout
Purchased Amazon gift cards using SDM gift cards without issue today.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
2787 posts
419 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:26 pm
So shoppers drug mart gift cards cannot load onto presto card
Cannot buy Canadian tires gift cards
Cannot buy amazon gift cards
Cannot buy chatr mobile top ups
Cannot buy theultimatediningcard gift cards
Cannot buy Netflix gift card
Cannot buy any gas cards
Cannot buy steam gift card
Cannot buy google gift card
Cannot buy PlayStation plus subscription or gift cards

Cannot be used at self checkout
really depends on location cashier/manager

I used a gc to buy a ps+ subscription a while back when i found an old $49.99 card
2x Zoomer $36 for 2GB and unlimited call
1x Fido $34 for 2GB w/ unlimited Can Wide and spotify
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1433 posts
391 upvotes
KellyM133398 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:12 pm
Same thing here in Manitoba. You have to check the dates carefully. Very irritating to be shopping on a Friday only to realize the flyer ended the day beforeAngry Face
I think this happens in front of a holiday. Hey, everyone deserves a holiday, even flyer deals. Of course, if SDM were serious about Remembrance Day, their 'one day sale' and 'one day only 20x points' would NOT be on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
2879 posts
699 upvotes
QC
akaManny wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:47 am
I think this happens in front of a holiday. Hey, everyone deserves a holiday, even flyer deals. Of course, if SDM were serious about Remembrance Day, their 'one day sale' and 'one day only 20x points' would NOT be on Saturday, Nov. 11.
Remembrance day isn't a holiday everywhere.
Oct 28, 2016
187 posts
297 upvotes
I have a question. Do you always receive Optimum points when you purchase a SDM gift card only? I know that 3rd part GC's you do not, but with this promotion, one would receive 1000 points per $100 card. Is this always the case with SDM cards?

Example: tomorrow is 20x points, so if I were to buy a SDM card would I receive 500 points or would it be 5000 points on a $50 SDM GC?

Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2008
4929 posts
2195 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Spawk1028 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:19 am
I have a question. Do you always receive Optimum points when you purchase a SDM gift card only? I know that 3rd part GC's you do not, but with this promotion, one would receive 1000 points per $100 card. Is this always the case with SDM cards?

Example: tomorrow is 20x points, so if I were to buy a SDM card would I receive 500 points or would it be 5000 points on a $50 SDM GC?

Thanks.
You will always receive 10 regular pts per $1 when buying an SDM GC. This value is unaffected by any promotions or coupons that may be running
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2795 posts
1182 upvotes
Sorry if this has been answered but can you purchase items off the sdm affiliate website beauty boutique with sdm gift card ?
Oct 17, 2011
187 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
mapleflag wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:44 pm

In case anyone is looking for the Switch, that SDM has 2 when I called. The staff put the game on hold for me, but not the console...
Didn't know that location actually had electronics. Thanks, I'll check there. Do you know where in the store it would be located?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1433 posts
391 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:02 am
Remembrance day isn't a holiday everywhere.
Correct. I was trying to suggest that it was in bad taste for SDM to treat it as a holiday by ending flyer deals the day before, then on the actual day (of solemnity), to treat it like it was 'Black Saturday' (as in 'Shopping Extravaganza Saturday'). SDM could have had their 'one day sale' on Sunday or Monday instead.
Apr 7, 2012
315 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
akaManny wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:14 am
Correct. I was trying to suggest that it was in bad taste for SDM to treat it as a holiday by ending flyer deals the day before, then on the actual day (of solemnity), to treat it like it was 'Black Saturday' (as in 'Shopping Extravaganza Saturday'). SDM could have had their 'one day sale' on Sunday or Monday instead.
its not the first time they have no flyers on a friday, i have noticed that many times before, it has nothing to do holiday/ remembrance day, coincidence and nothing more. they had no flyer on OCT 27 for example.

edit looking back on previous flyers they skipped sept 15 as well. so its much more common than i even thought
https://www.***********/ShoppersDrugMart/flyers/
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1433 posts
391 upvotes
navyblue wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:22 am
its not the first time they have no flyers on a friday, i have noticed that many times before, it has nothing to do holiday/ remembrance day, coincidence and nothing more.
I should have added that when it happened to me (surprise that flyer deals ended on a Thursday), the SDM cashier said it was because of the holiday. But if you have noticed it many times, you may well be correct. I am just relating my experience and how it appears to me. Whether Remembrance Day is a holiday or not, I still say it is in bad taste to have a 'one day sale' on that particular day.
Dec 22, 2011
12 posts
I was not aware that you could earn optimum points on gift card purchases, aside from this spend $200 get 8000 points offer.

Also you say to use these gift cards to then buy the Switch at the redeem event thus earning you more points. Again didn't know if you paid with a gift card that you earn points.

Am I understanding correctly?
Aug 20, 2015
208 posts
75 upvotes
Toronto
Rogues2017 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:07 pm
Need advise from experts if it's still a good idea to get the gift cards for the switch/ps4/Xbox and then wait for 20x to come to buy the console ? I think tomorrow is the last day to get the sdm gc and earn the extra points.
If you're able to find them it's the best bang for your buck on a console. $600 = 24000 points from promo, Nintendo Switch will net you 80000 points for the purchase. You'll have about $150 left in shoppers gc though.