• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2018 11:43 am
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
9 posts
11 upvotes
Sherwood Park

Shopper's Drug Mart...My new favorite place to buy games

Beleive it or not, Shoppers Drug Mart has become more than just a place to possibly find hot items (like the SNES mini or Switch in their prime). With the new PC Optimum program, I've been able to get up to $24 dollars worth of PC points for every game I buy. Since I do all my groceries at Superstore, the PC points are essentially cash back for me.

All you need to do is wait for one of the 20x points days to buy your games. If the first Shoppers doesn't have a big selection, visit the next closest one. Some stores have a better game selection than others. I just picked up God of War and got some big points (someone needed to fish the game out of the back for me though, they hadn't put it out on the shelf yet.

I just thought I'd let others know incase they haven't been using PC Optimum yet. It definitely beats the Amazon Prime discount. Do you guys have any other tricks for saving big on new games?
Last edited by redeka on Apr 26th, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2892 posts
319 upvotes
Ottawa
...Why not just put "Shoppers Drug Mart" in the subject of your post?

I would agree that the new "Get 10,000 Points on a $40 Purchase" deals are pretty sweet, but most SDMs around here seem to have given up on video games for the most part. I would have expected that they'd all be phasing them out.
[OP]
Apr 23, 2013
9 posts
11 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Jorpho wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 4:25 pm
Noted, thanks.
Jan 29, 2013
732 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Jorpho wrote:

I would agree that the new "Get 10,000 Points on a $40 Purchase" deals are pretty sweet, but most SDMs around here seem to have given up on video games for the most part. I would have expected that they'd all be phasing them out.
Agreed. It would be great to take advantage of these offers. It's just too hit and miss with most SDMs. I feel that way and I live next to one of the stores that "has games" (King/Peter).
Dec 18, 2017
4 posts
I literally saw your post wanting really badly to buy god of war and hate spending 80 bucks plus tax on a game. I went to shoppers near me and didnt see it so i asked them to check the back, it was there. I got 25 dollars back in points. Thanks alot for the tip man!
Dec 18, 2017
4 posts
And why are people downvoting this post the guy was giving a recommendation and it came through for me so he isnt lying or misleading.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8181 posts
805 upvotes
KevinS208472 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2018 3:26 am
And why are people downvoting this post the guy was giving a recommendation and it came through for me so he isnt lying or misleading.
Probably upset the secret is out and availability will become less.

SDM is great for new releases and switch titles that don't drop in price.

I was able to couple f&f 20% off with 20x the points on Mario Odyssey at SDM. Traded it in for $72 at eb after I was done and netted a profit :)
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2892 posts
319 upvotes
Ottawa
To be clear, for a $50 game, a 20x points day would give you $15 in points, right? I can't even see where that's specified on the PC Optimum website, but other pages indicate that the standard rate is 15 points per dollar.

(Also, what's "f&f" ?)
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3043 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Jorpho wrote:
May 1st, 2018 9:08 am
(Also, what's "f&f" ?)
Friends and Family. They run a promo every once in awhile where you can get 20% off.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Jan 3, 2009
835 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
None of the SDM in my area carry video games.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
15457 posts
3787 upvotes
God of War didn't show up at any SDM stores here in Thunder Bay. I had to let them know via their survey that their stock of games is now very old. Maybe it will go to the store manager and we'll get some old games discounted and some new ones on the shelves...
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10632 posts
986 upvotes
Mississauga
Can anyone recommend which SDMs in the GTA west end tend to have a good games selection? I want to get the new Detroit game coming out this week but don't want to drive to a dozen different locations to find it.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2185 posts
609 upvotes
Jorpho wrote:

This. There is nothing at both of my local Shoppers.