Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Nintendo Switch w/ $125 GC at Shoppers

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 2:34 pm
Apr 26, 2016
164 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Nintendo Switch w/ $125 GC at Shoppers

Nintendo Switch for $379.99 along with a $125 fmgift card at Shoppers. Nov 17-18 only!

Excellent deal imho.

(Image is from a flyer in Vancouver, BC)
Images
  • 20181115_223346.jpg
“Questions you cannot answer are usually far better for you than answers you cannot question.”
― Yuval Noah Harari,
Thread Summary
  1. Console availability was great at first but now seems sparse. Call or reserve before going.
  2. Some people were able to apply the $125 GC right away to the purchase but really varied from store to store. YMMV.
  3. Some folk were able to use pre-existing Shoppers points against this purchase to make it an even better deal.
  4. According to some, it may be better to hold off buying until the 20×points days at SDM.
352 replies
Jul 5, 2018
351 posts
1479 upvotes
Deveno wrote: Nintendo Switch for $379.99 along with a $125 fmgift card at Shoppers. Nov 17-18 only!

Excellent deal imho.

(Image is from a flyer in Vancouver, BC)
This is the third post about this. It's a pretty standard deal since you can get 30% points which is $114 in points. Then if you wait to use points during points event you'll actually get better deal.
Apr 26, 2016
164 posts
152 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: Then if you wait to use points during points event you'll actually get better deal.
Ah, good to know! I had no idea. Thanks for sharing!

Also, I am relatively new to RFD. All my posts ask for other people's help and expertise, so when I saw this deal I posted it right away without checking, thinking it's my chance to contribute. I should have checked the forum first to see if others might have posted about it too. My bad!
Last edited by Deveno on Nov 16th, 2018 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Questions you cannot answer are usually far better for you than answers you cannot question.”
― Yuval Noah Harari,
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2015
1255 posts
2075 upvotes
Vancouver
MyUsernameDoesntMatter wrote: This is the third post about this. It's a pretty standard deal since you can get 30% points which is $114 in points. Then if you wait to use points during points event you'll actually get better deal.
But wouldn't you also get points for $380 spending?
Jul 5, 2018
351 posts
1479 upvotes
fpenguin wrote: But wouldn't you also get points for $380 spending?
Not 20x the points. You'd get $6 bucks in points currently. If you used the gift certificate during a 20x event to maximize it you'd get about 2% less return total. My advice is to hold off tbh. Nintendo is releasing a Mario Kart bundle on the 22nd for $380 as well. I'm not sure when or if Shoppers will get it but if they got it say end of November and you got a 20x event before Christmas you'd get $114 in points and an extra game out of it. I think that's worth rolling the dice on. If I didn't already have a switch I'd do that.
Last edited by MyUsernameDoesntMatter on Nov 16th, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2015
329 posts
42 upvotes
Maybe he's referring to another promo with more points?

Edit. Yes. Answered.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
I think the Xbox deals are better simply because you get an Xbox gift card as opposed to a SDM one
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135818 upvotes
888888 upvotes
my targetted offer until 18th is spend $50 get $10 pts back
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
May 4, 2007
1304 posts
721 upvotes
Good deal!

Geez, just because it’s not the best deal ever on the Switch doesnt mean it’s a bad one. Some people here are trigger happy with the thumbs-doen.

Also, there’s a waiting cost.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Huge SDM thread in the BF forum discussing details of this deal. Most people are talking about consoles, particularly Switch. YMMV as to stock levels at the stores. Call ahead today to verify. Good clue is photo department stores have better stock.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
8187 posts
9554 upvotes
Vancouver
The nice thing about this deal is that if you have a lot of points, you can redeem and still get the gift card.

Ron.
100% Upvote to post ratio! :)
Dec 10, 2015
118 posts
89 upvotes
Montréal
flopticalcube wrote: Huge SDM thread in the BF forum discussing details of this deal. Most people are talking about consoles, particularly Switch. YMMV as to stock levels at the stores. Call ahead today to verify. Good clue is photo department stores have better stock.
Can you post the link to this BF forum or a pm? Thanks in advance!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Told my sister in law about this deal. I think its pretty good if they can apply the GC right away. If not I told her to use the 125 on a 20% off day since she wanted to get a few games with it.

And yes like some mentionned there's days where you can get 20x the point then wait to use the points on bonus daya but the chances of this happening before christmas is small and this is pretty good at the moment :)
Jun 15, 2016
385 posts
242 upvotes
I think this deal should have a separate post, its pretty good.

I was going to buy one, but then looked at the price of a few games I would of liked to purchased. (mario & zelda games) and they go for $79.99 + TAX, thats ridiculous to purchase a game,

Does anyone know how to save a little bit purchasing the games?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2905 posts
2130 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Mikenello wrote: I think this deal should have a separate post, its pretty good.

I was going to buy one, but then looked at the price of a few games I would of liked to purchased. (mario & zelda games) and they go for $79.99 + TAX, thats ridiculous to purchase a game,

Just about every popular console game is now $80. Look for a BF sale or a SDM 20X points day (you'll receive $24 in points for 1 game).
Jul 5, 2018
351 posts
1479 upvotes
dysonlu wrote: Good deal!

Geez, just because it’s not the best deal ever on the Switch doesnt mean it’s a bad one. Some people here are trigger happy with the thumbs-doen.

Also, there’s a waiting cost.
Why would I down vote this? I even up voted him on his reply. I was just making the point that it's a pretty standard deal if you know how to work the points system. Shoppers drug mart is just the best deal to buy switches.
Mikenello wrote: I think this deal should have a separate post, its pretty good.

Nintendo developed games are ussually top sellers for even years after release. When you buy Nintendo you can ussually get a reasonable assurance the game likely isn't going to suck. Hence why you want to play Zelda and Mario as you've had good experiences in the past. In this case both neither disappointed. If you want to complete each game almost 100% without hints or google you're potentially looking at 80+ hours each. From a discount perspective the best thing you could do is buy games during a 20x shoppers optimum event. On these days on an $80 game you earn about $24 back in points. Then save the points until during a bonus point event for a higher redemption value.
Mar 15, 2010
830 posts
211 upvotes
Somewhere in Canada
Can I use $125 gift card from Shoppers at Loblaws?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)