Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart/PC Financial] Get 20x the PC Optimum points when you spend $50 or more on almost anything in store+ Get EXTRA 5,000 PC Optimum points

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 5:50 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2018
129 posts
45 upvotes

Get 20x the PC Optimum points when you spend $50 or more on almost anything in store+ Get EXTRA 5,000 PC Optimum points

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 19, 2019
Retailer:
Shoppers Drug Mart/PC Financial
I just noticed this offer on SDM site. I believe its a very good offer if you have PC Financial Mastercard
SDM.JPG
SDM Email.jpg

The SDM website says it is only available on October 19. But I have got an email which says the same offer is valid on October 19th & October 26th.

You get almost 40% back in PC Points if you have *PC Financial Mastercard as per my calculation.

You buy $51 (before tax)*15(per $ for PCF MC)*20 = 15300+5000 = 20300 You get in PC Points - almost 40% back in PC Points.

Please let me know if it is already posted, I will delete the post. Don't down vote as I have just started posting threads :)

† Point multiplier applies only to the regular 15 points per dollar for eligible in-store spending. Points issued on the net pre-tax purchase total of eligible products (excludes purchase of tobacco, lottery tickets, alcohol, gift cards, all prepaid card, transit/event tickets, post office transactions, passport photos, cash back, delivery charges, all purchases made through non-participating 3rd party operations and any other products that may not legally be offered in connection with the Program, are provincially regulated (including pharmacy-related transactions) or as we determine from time to time.

Thank You @MaxPower19 & @nafteni for correcting my calculation
Last edited by vhparekh on Oct 18th, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
51 replies
Oct 31, 2006
59 posts
30 upvotes
Wpg
$20 back on $50 spending essentially. I find if I shop the flyer I can easily get good value.
[OP]
Oct 15, 2018
129 posts
45 upvotes
How? its 20x not $20
or I am interpreting it wrong ! :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2138 posts
938 upvotes
Victoria
vhparekh wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 3:17 pm
How? its 20x not $20
or I am interpreting it wrong ! :rolleyes:
$15 is 20x + 5k bonus = $20
[OP]
Oct 15, 2018
129 posts
45 upvotes
I got it. Updated the post. I was in impression that its 45 points per $, whereas they always put "†" !!
Mar 9, 2011
832 posts
1331 upvotes
nafteni wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 3:14 pm
$20 back on $50 spending essentially. I find if I shop the flyer I can easily get good value.
I agree and disagree. It's easy to find value when they have a sale day but to spend $50 for things you actually need is a bit harder to do. What a started doing is I tend to stack up on things like laundry products, toilet paper, eggs, frozen dinners, etc. That way the prices are more comparable to Costco.
[OP]
Oct 15, 2018
129 posts
45 upvotes
Not I am confused.

The email I received, doesnt say Point multiplier applies only to the regular 15 points per dollar for eligible in-store spending

This is the fine print of terms mentioned in Email that I got:

1 All PC Optimum members earn 15 points per dollar of eligible purchases at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix. When you use your President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® you will earn additional points per dollar: 10 points per dollar for President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® cardholders; 20 points per dollar for President’s Choice Financial World Mastercard® cardholders; and 30 points per dollar for President’s Choice Financial World Elite Mastercard® cardholders.
*Offer also available at Shoppers Home Health Care and Wellwise. Point multiplier applies only to the regular 15 points per dollar for eligible in store spending. Points issued on the net pre tax purchase total of eligible products [excludes purchase of tobacco, lottery tickets, alcohol, gift cards, all prepaid card, transit/event tickets, post office transactions, passport photos, purchases made at cash back, delivery charges, all purchases made through non participating 3rd party operations and any other products that may not legally be offered in connection with the Program, are provincially regulated (including pharmacy related transactions)] or as we determine from time to time. Offer applies to photofinishing services that are picked up and paid for on the day of the offer only. Cannot be used with any other points, promotions or offers. See PC Optimum terms & conditions at pcoptimum.ca for redemption restrictions.
**Offer valid in store only on October 19th and October 26th, 2019. Earn a bonus 5,000 PC Optimum points in addition to the regular PC Optimum points per dollar earned with the card, when you spend $50 or more using President’s Choice Financial Mastercard®. Limit one bonus offer per account during the promotional period. Minimum redemption is 10,000 PC Optimum points (worth $10 in rewards) and in increments of 10,000 PC Optimum points.

So if the above is right, I get back 50900 PC Points back on $51 spend (before tax). Any pointers !
Mar 7, 2017
206 posts
52 upvotes
would this be the best time to buy the switch?
my sons bday is coming up this is on his wish list.
Aug 5, 2012
115 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I wanted to pick up Dragon Quest XI for switch, but my SDM only carries Zelda/Mario games. Anyone been to a shoppers with a bigger game selection?
May 25, 2015
195 posts
429 upvotes
on
1tallaznguy wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 3:29 pm
would this be the best time to buy the switch?
my sons bday is coming up this is on his wish list.
No, the best time is when 20x points with F&F (additional 20% off)

So from what I understand, let's say $50 spend
(20x offer) + PC WE MC + 5000 pts
so...
(15 pts/$ x $50 ) x 20 + (30 pts/$ x $50) + 5000 pts = 21 500 pts
Mar 7, 2017
206 posts
52 upvotes
Optom2018 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 3:35 pm
No, the best time is when 20x points with F&F (additional 20% off)

So from what I understand, let's say $50 spend
(20x offer) + PC WE MC + 5000 pts
so...
(15 pts/$ x $50 ) x 20 + (30 pts/$ x $50) + 5000 pts = 21 500 pts
thanks for the response

How often does this combo of 20x plus F&F happen?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2624 posts
1746 upvotes
No Bum Deals
jetertmac wrote:
Oct 18th, 2019 3:24 pm
I agree and disagree. It's easy to find value when they have a sale day but to spend $50 for things you actually need is a bit harder to do. What a started doing is I tend to stack up on things like laundry products, toilet paper, eggs, frozen dinners, etc. That way the prices are more comparable to Costco.
Agreed. Plan long term and buy bulk.
🢂 😃 🢀
May 23, 2014
963 posts
511 upvotes
canada
So if I use my pc MasterCard to buy gift cards I’ll get 3% in pc points ?
Dec 1, 2005
20 posts
42 upvotes
Terrace
Hi vhparekh;

On non-bonus days, when you spend $1.00 on something (before tax) at Shoppers Drug Mart, you receive 15 points on it. Purchasing $50 worth of items (before tax) would then normally net you $50 x 15 points = 750 points.

With 20x points events, if you pass the minimum purchase threshold amount (i.e. buy a minimum $50 or $75 or $100 and you get 20x points) you would then get $50 x 15 = 750 points x 20 times the points = 15,000 points

For this particular event, if you have a PC Financial Mastercard, you will then receive an additional 5,000 points on top of whatever value points you get for your purchases (so if you buy $60 worth of stuff and you pay for it with a PC Financial Mastercard, you would pay $60 plus tax, but you would also receive $60 x 15 points = 900 points baseline x 20 times the points = 18,000 points PLUS the bonus 5,000 points for using the card.

The PC Financial credit cards also accrue points as well, but that will show up on your credit card statement as a separate amount and isn't eligible for the 20x bonus as those points are a function of the credit card rather then the store.

Hopefully this helps.
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. - Isaac Asimov
---
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2009
1590 posts
685 upvotes
I see the 20x excludes gift cards, but it sounds gift cards are eligible for the 5k. Can anyone confirm?