[Shoppers Drug Mart] [SDM] PS4 Playstation Plus Membership $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 10:54 am
[OP]
Nov 24, 2016
12 posts
44 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] [SDM] PS4 Playstation Plus Membership $49.99

I was at Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday here in Nanaimo. I think they're getting rid of their Electronics/Video Games sections - lots of PS4 and XBOX games for sale and some WII U controllers and games. I don't have pics (sorry my phone was dead) but check out your local SDM for sure

They still had $49.99 PS4 Plus cards there (my local Nanaimo SDM had 10+ cards left)

Good luck to all.
202 replies
Dec 25, 2012
541 posts
143 upvotes
Kingston
Lots of $49.99 PS+ cards still available at my local EB Games too. Bought three last week.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2011
2915 posts
571 upvotes
I see these cards at wal mart. Check the gift card rack if you can't find them in electronics.
May 13, 2009
35 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
I see these in almost every Shoppers. Can we just get a whole bunch for the next few years or do they expire?
Jan 10, 2016
11 posts
Toronto, ON
I went searching at best buy and the source at multiple locations over the past couple days and was all sold out. I came to the shoppers across the street and they have a ton of $49.99 cards here
Mar 4, 2006
485 posts
31 upvotes
nuckfan1 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 6:29 pm
I see these in almost every Shoppers. Can we just get a whole bunch for the next few years or do they expire?
You can stack up to 10 years I believe.
Aug 27, 2009
62 posts
12 upvotes
I was told EB games Head office still has massive amounts of these cards, and since the $49 price is actually printed on the cards, they will continue to sell them at that price until all are sold
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1620 posts
591 upvotes
KINGSTON
This is a repost from last month, but I'm too lazy to look it up.
It's definitely YMMV.
I went on the hunt to three different SDM locations in my town, and could not find these cards. I'd check the local EB Games shops, but I get pissed off at them every time I have to deal with their staff. "Doood, those sold out, like, months ago. You gotta come in every week for the hot deals!"
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1205 posts
270 upvotes
Anyone know if you can check a plus membership code without redeeming it?

ie; enter the code in, does it tell you if it's valid first and let you confirm you want to redeem it?
Mar 11, 2004
558 posts
59 upvotes
Quebec City
I guess these are considered as gift cards and can't be bought with Optimum points?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2799 posts
909 upvotes
paperchasin29 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 6:34 pm
I went searching at best buy and the source at multiple locations over the past couple days and was all sold out. I came to the shoppers across the street and they have a ton of $49.99 cards here
The were sold out because people keep posting the deals here. Hoarders just grab a bunch to resell online until the stores run out or realize they need to replace the old cards with the new ones.

Just let the old cards sit in stores so the gamers who actually need one can get one. My local best buy had a huge stack of more than 30 until someone posted the BB PSN deal on RFD and now it's all gone.

These cards take almost no shelf space and have no value unless activated so they will sit on the shelf for a long time unless someone buys a stack and potentially raise a red flag.

I know RFD it is all about sharing but this kind of deal benefits hoarders more than gamers since they are essentially cash cards and are easy to sell.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
2659 posts
1066 upvotes
Hoarders can buy them and save them to sell, but once they are bought from sdm or anyone else they are activated. Let them hold the activated cards for a year because theres a chance that the purchased activated ps+ card could be compromised/hacked. That's a big risk to take because my ps+ card was hacked when I bought a card and tried inputting in couple months later (at that time i didn't know the membership cards actually stack). I did call Sony and best buy and nothing could be done even though my membership was entered in Florida . Not worth the time and risk to hold on to these activated cards.... to each their own
Jul 23, 2011
217 posts
211 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the urge to down vote just because of the OPs name.

So contradicting to post a deal and tell me not to buy it... Argh. Makes me want to buy and not buy at the same time lol.
Last edited by cain2589 on Jan 5th, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
854 upvotes
witenite wrote:
Jan 5th, 2017 10:29 pm
Hoarders can buy them and save them to sell, but once they are bought from sdm or anyone else they are activated. Let them hold the activated cards for a year because theres a chance that the purchased activated ps+ card could be compromised/hacked. That's a big risk to take because my ps+ card was hacked when I bought a card and tried inputting in couple months later (at that time i didn't know the membership cards actually stack). I did call Sony and best buy and nothing could be done even though my membership was entered in Florida . Not worth the time and risk to hold on to these activated cards.... to each their own
You're assuming they won't go back on sale for this price. Sure MSRP is $70 but odds are if there is a sale (say BF), it'll be right back @ $50 or close to that price.

As far as it getting hacked goes, if your receipt says you bought it in Canada then you might have a case because it doesn't make sense to buy it in Canada then enter it into another country. Their system should have location bought vs redemption, if its a different country, it shouldn't be that big of an issue. Years ago i had a card that wasn't activated (by Sony store when they had it on sale for $30) and i was able to get it activated afterwards. You just have to push the issue with Sony (their CS is actually very good). Of course you need the receipt from BB too since they will ask for that # to prove you bought the card.