Freebies

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Shoppers Drug Mart - Free Gift E-mail (Targeted?)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:23 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
162 posts
47 upvotes
BRANTFORD

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Shoppers Drug Mart - Free Gift E-mail (Targeted?)

I got an e-mail from Shoppers today offering a free gift. I am an Optimum member and believe it is a targeted e-mail. It says that after I pick from the 2 options, a coupon will be added to my Optimum account to be redeemed starting on Sat, Dec 2nd, and expiring on Christmas Eve. I don't see any mention of needing to purchase anything to get the free item.

Fine Print:

Gift must be selected by Wednesday, November 29, 2017 at 11:59:59pm local time. Gift will be made available to be loaded on your Optimum card from Saturday, December 2, 2017. Offer will expire on Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 11:59:59pm local time. Offer valid in-store at participating Shoppers Drug Mart stores with presentation of Optimum Card at time of transaction. Offer expires after one use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions. Product availability may vary by store. Offer is applicable to one qualifying product only. Maximum value of product may not exceed $20. Offer excludes prestige products. We reserve the right to limit quantities and to revoke offer at any time. We are not obligated to honor offer based on errors or misprints. No rainchecks. No cash value. Shoppers Drug Mart does not warrant any incorrect information on this email. Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Sponsors, Suppliers or Retailers or authorized for their use in Canada.
Images
  • 1.PNG
70 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1125 posts
454 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Ya I got it also picked the chocolate... second guessing if I should've picked the nuts... hope this "free gift" isn't one of those " spend $30" get a "free" gift
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
162 posts
47 upvotes
BRANTFORD
I went with the chocolate too. It says that the value cannot be more than $20 so I wonder if it will give us an option, like picking any PC chocolate gift box that is $20 or less. I can't see them adding any stipulations to it. I hope note anyway. This is a nice Xmas offer from Shoppers, I wonder what offers other members will get or how they determined who to send this offer to.
Nov 3, 2016
67 posts
48 upvotes
I got this too and also chose chocolate. I'd prefer the nuts, but they specify PC brand and the SDMs around me tend to be erratically stocked. it'll be easier for me to find a decent box of chocs under $20.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1125 posts
454 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Adelie wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 9:38 pm
I got this too and also chose chocolate. I'd prefer the nuts, but they specify PC brand and the SDMs around me tend to be erratically stocked. it'll be easier for me to find a decent box of chocs under $20.
You read my mind exactly why i picked the chocolates too cause of stocking issues if it was superstore would've went the other way
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3274 posts
400 upvotes
Wat
Got the email.. picked the nuts!
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
1125 posts
454 upvotes
Oakville, ON
It's probably rewarding the people who didn't shop the super spend your points or whatever weekend ... my guess to try to trigger to spend money prior to conversion ... I just want my free chocolates and happily take pc point conversion at full value
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
162 posts
47 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Good point, I thought about it for a moment because I didn't end up spending my points this weekend. I am going to hold off on using them before the transfer. I think the potential to redeedm up to $500 on one purchase can be a great benefit over the $170 limit right now, if anyone plans to save to buy a big ticket item in the next year or 2.
Oct 9, 2013
96 posts
14 upvotes
Peterborough
I used spend the points this weekend and got this too tonight....my options were a shave kit set (up to 20$ - the packaged mach 3/gillette fusion in the picture) or chocolates...awesome freebie and I went with the shave kit set
Feb 19, 2013
275 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
Got the email, i had the options to choose between the chocolate box or a shaving kit.
Apr 17, 2015
296 posts
143 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Maybe only for women? Both me and my wife have this card, she got the email, I didn't. Actually she never use the card, I use for her.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2016
4934 posts
4922 upvotes
GTA, ON
I got the offer too. Chocolate or nuts. I chose nuts.
Jun 18, 2004
988 posts
257 upvotes
I used the points this weekend and I got the offer. I picked choclates