Freebies

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Shoppers Drug Mart - Free Gift E-mail (Targeted?)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:23 pm
Jun 23, 2003
254 posts
76 upvotes
I got this and picked chocolates. Regrettably, when I picked up a chocolate bar to add as filler to get to $85 for $50k points redemption (to get points back promo) today, it counted that $1.29 chocolate bar as my free gift.

Early in the morning so when it rang in free didn’t think about that, thought it may be some other promo. Sure enough free chocolates coupon is gone.
Oct 5, 2016
47 posts
15 upvotes
Nightfire wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:58 pm
Is anyone else having trouble getting their free nuts? I loaded the coupon in the correct time period and my optimum account shows that it's loaded and ready to go. I even had the exact PC cashew box shown in the email pic in my hand. But when the cashier rang it (and my optimum) through, it didn't come up free, so I had to leave empty handed for now.

All I can think is either that wasn't a "participating" store, or someone at Shoppers HQ forgot to activate the nut discount correctly.
One of my family optimum account also has problem redeeming this free offer. At the first store we visited, the cashier told us to call HO.
But at another store the cashier called the supervisor, and they were nice to manually applied the coupon using "Promo not active at POS".
Images
  • pcnut.jpg
Feb 19, 2013
275 posts
517 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up my Gillette Shaving kit today, the promo wasn't active and they manually had to apply the coupon.
May 8, 2017
3 posts
I picked my gift when they first sent out the email but haven't received a coupon email or anything. How do I get it??
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1513 posts
222 upvotes
whats the name of the email so i can search this! thx
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
162 posts
47 upvotes
BRANTFORD
Khaled - check your optimum coupons. They added the free coupon to the card, but didn't send a new email after picking the item

Mikka - the email subject was, " 'First Name': Your Free Gift Awaits... "
Nov 3, 2016
67 posts
48 upvotes
browna wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:24 pm
I got this and picked chocolates. Regrettably, when I picked up a chocolate bar to add as filler to get to $85 for $50k points redemption (to get points back promo) today, it counted that $1.29 chocolate bar as my free gift.

Early in the morning so when it rang in free didn’t think about that, thought it may be some other promo. Sure enough free chocolates coupon is gone.
Wow, that's really crappy. Thanks for posting or I probably would have done the same thing.
May 11, 2008
701 posts
96 upvotes
Nightfire wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 7:58 pm
Is anyone else having trouble getting their free nuts? I loaded the coupon in the correct time period and my optimum account shows that it's loaded and ready to go. I even had the exact PC cashew box shown in the email pic in my hand. But when the cashier rang it (and my optimum) through, it didn't come up free, so I had to leave empty handed for now.

All I can think is either that wasn't a "participating" store, or someone at Shoppers HQ forgot to activate the nut discount correctly.
yes, I got the same problem today, with the nuts coupon. The cashier has no idea how to get it work. I'll have to call the 1-800 tomorrow.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4004 posts
1446 upvotes
My mom and I both shop regularly at Shoppers. She got the free gift but I didn't. Not sure how they select which customers receive the free gift.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1392 posts
718 upvotes
Etobicoke
suziecute wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 6:41 pm
My mom and I both shop regularly at Shoppers. She got the free gift but I didn't. Not sure how they select which customers receive the free gift.
I think its just random.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4231 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga
i chose the nuts... went to sdm and looked in the pc section for it.. mostly small bags and jars ranging between $4-$7.... until the bottom row at a corner, found 1kg bag of chocolate covered almonds...$15.99... awesome...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3907 posts
1272 upvotes
Ducky wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:25 am
i chose the nuts... went to sdm and looked in the pc section for it.. mostly small bags and jars ranging between $4-$7.... until the bottom row at a corner, found 1kg bag of chocolate covered almonds...$15.99... awesome...
Thanks for the report; that's officially my backup plan. Our store carries 1.13kg nut club packs but they are usually well over $20 but they do go on sale elsewhere in the chain for $19.99 https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/F ... 0284474_EA I am hoping to see the big jug o nuts on sale before Christmas. The Christmas tin of nuts for $12.99 is only 285g so a bit of a poor value IMO.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4804 posts
1179 upvotes
North York
Ducky wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:25 am
Good to know. I picked chocolate but checked on nuts out of curiosity. The most expensive I could find was $6.99. Was feeling lucky I chose chocolate, as I'm sure chocolate covered nuts or chocolate with nuts would be covered with the chocolate option as well, and not be limited to PC brand only.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4804 posts
1179 upvotes
North York
moss27 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 11:03 am
I got the 315g Ferrero Rocher Golden Gallery box for free with my coupon. It was $19.99 + tax.
Thanks I ended up getting the same thing. Had too much Lindt already.
browna wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 12:24 pm
Thanks for the warning. Was going to wait until later before redeeming, but saw your post and didn't want to risk doing something similar. Plus the chocolates were being purchased/redeemed pretty fast at my local store.
Apr 17, 2015
296 posts
143 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
So those nuts covered by chocolate still count as nuts?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)