Freebies

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Shoppers Drug Mart - Free Gift E-mail (Targeted?)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 11:23 pm
Nov 23, 2009
536 posts
165 upvotes
Dancing Dancer wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 5:41 pm
yes, I got the same problem today, with the nuts coupon. The cashier has no idea how to get it work. I'll have to call the 1-800 tomorrow.
Did you phone? I'm wondering if maybe they fixed the problem now that it's a weekday again.

I don't see the point of trying to find chocolate coloured nuts when my Shoppers has like 15 boxes in stock of the exact cashew box shown in the email ad, if only their coupon would work as advertised.
Sep 5, 2017
7 posts
5 upvotes
Nightfire wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:27 pm
Did you phone? I'm wondering if maybe they fixed the problem now that it's a weekday again.

I don't see the point of trying to find chocolate coloured nuts when my Shoppers has like 15 boxes in stock of the exact cashew box shown in the email ad, if only their coupon would work as advertised.
The coupon didn't work for me so I called Optimum. They said they are fixing it but if I purchase it they will refund difference in points. I went in store but they ended up overriding the price to $0.00 anyways.

If you do buy the nuts and are able to pass the threshold for 4000 optimum points when spending $15 on PC products you could get another 4000 points (~$5) off ;).
Jun 14, 2016
75 posts
212 upvotes
Has anyone had this coupon work in store yet or do the cashier's always need to do an override? I'd like to go on my lunch hour today and the location I go to is extremely busy -- don't want to hold up the line!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2142 posts
387 upvotes
There were no issues with the cashier I had.
Nov 12, 2011
1 posts
I got my box of Lindt Chocolates the other day,they were reg.$20 but on for $16.The cashier joked where can I log on to get one,and lucky me....No tax,just free,thank-you Shoppers.
Mar 6, 2013
151 posts
104 upvotes
Saint John, NB
For anyone that chose nuts keep an eye on your transactions. I tried to get the exact cashews from the picture on the offer yesterday and it did not work. The cashier was not helpful either, just kind of shrugged her shoulders and asked if I still wanted them (for $11.99). I was planning on calling the 800 number tonight and stopped off at shoppers to pick up a parcel and ended up buying a few things including Larabar mint chocolate bites that were on clearance for $3. When it got home I checked my receipt and noticed it had applied my offer to the Larabar bites even though they are not nuts and not even Presidents Choice. The good news though, I called the 800 number and nicely explained what happened to the guy. He put me on hold for a minute and came back and said that he sees exactly what I told him on his end. He wasnt sure why it happened but he is going to give me the $17 difference in points on my account as a courtesy. Thats even better than the free nuts in my opinion :).
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3272 posts
399 upvotes
Wat
AndrewN448399 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:19 am
If you do buy the nuts and are able to pass the threshold for 4000 optimum points when spending $15 on PC products you could get another 4000 points (~$5) off ;).
Nice trick.. I'll give it a try!

So the consensus is the chocolate covered almonds are the best buy for those that chose nuts?
Oct 14, 2017
40 posts
23 upvotes
GTA
Wiseman wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:37 am
Nice trick.. I'll give it a try!

So the consensus is the chocolate covered almonds are the best buy for those that chose nuts?
For me, best value is pretty subjective; it's not simply a matter of picking the item with the highest price. I took choco almonds not because of the price but because my wife and I like them more than anything else I could have picked. Whatever I took was going to be free anyway.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4802 posts
1178 upvotes
North York
nlevatt wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:38 pm
When it got home I checked my receipt and noticed it had applied my offer to the Larabar bites even though they are not nuts and not even Presidents Choice.
So good news for those who chose nuts. Sounds like the coupon will apply for any chocolates too, for those who changed their minds.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3272 posts
399 upvotes
Wat
Ferrero rochets have nuts in them.. should it should qualify?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2012
1381 posts
715 upvotes
Etobicoke
I had a chocolate coupon and it worked without any issue.
Dec 5, 2010
93 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
I went to two branches of Shoppers in Vancouver (Fraser Street) looking for PC nuts as shown in the coupon. They didn't have any.
In this forum people mentioned that F. Rocher qualified. I'll have to try that.
Dec 5, 2010
93 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver
lingsue wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 3:01 pm
I went to two branches of Shoppers in Vancouver (Fraser Street) looking for PC nuts as shown in the coupon. They didn't have any.
In this forum people mentioned that F. Rocher qualified. I'll have to try that.
Finally found the PC cashews in a can as shown on my coupon photo. The coupon which I had loaded did not work. I cancelled the attempted purchase then tried again a few minutes later with a package of PC cashews and then it worked. It was an even better deal since the package had more cashews by weight than the can did.
Feb 19, 2013
275 posts
516 upvotes
Toronto
So, i went on the first day and the cashier didn't have a clue so she did the stuff manually. The coupon was still on my card, so i got another one for free today.