Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Shoppers Drug Mart Sony soundbar with BT $149.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2014 3:34 am
Jul 31, 2010
196 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Shoppers Drug Mart Sony soundbar with BT $149.99

Model HT-CT60BT

You can use the customized 20X coupons to sweeten the deal.

FUTURE SHOP and costco.ca has this for $129.99. But there are no points. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ ... 94521.aspx

review : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qde-EHb-P6k
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
It was $99 a few weeks back @ SDM with 20x points as well (tho personalized coupon so YMMV). Either way it could and likely will be lower even 2 SDM.

Also note this is the 60W model (as linked). Don't really recommend it as its probably not a huge upgrade over stock. Spend a bit more and get a 300W sound bar (non-Samsung). Generally speaking you will notice a decent size difference.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
GVRtrader wrote: It was $99 a few weeks back @ SDM with 20x points as well (tho personalized coupon so YMMV). Either way it could and likely will be lower even 2 SDM.

Also note this is the 60W model (as linked). Don't really recommend it as its probably not a huge upgrade over stock. Spend a bit more and get a 300W sound bar (non-Samsung). Generally speaking you will notice a decent size difference.
why no samsung?
Jul 31, 2010
196 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
$99 with 20X points was indeed a good deal for this soundbar.

By the way, shoppers had lots of sony alarm clocks with ipod/iphone dock at 50% off.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
mau_mau wrote: why no samsung?
Based on reviews, Samsung sound bars (and for that matter any Samsung audio devices, i.e. HTIB) are generally inferior to other big name brands (i.e. Sony, LG, Vizio, etc). At least that was the trend the last few years so rule of thumb generally is to ignore Samsung audio devices.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
nishilgeorge wrote: $99 with 20X points was indeed a good deal for this soundbar.

By the way, shoppers had lots of sony alarm clocks with ipod/iphone dock at 50% off.
Yeah from now until mid. Jan, SDM will clear out select electronics because every year at the end of Oct/start of Nov they bring in seasonal electronics mostly for xmas shoppers. Those electronics will disappear by Feb (note not everything will be cleared out just stuff they got for xmas shoppers). I.e. you'll see a lot of headphone, speakers/BT speakers, printers, etc on clearance. They'll carry some but not as many models as they do right now.

For example, last year Sony's portable BT speaker

http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-SRSBTM8-Porta ... B00BLCLUQO

dropped down to as low as $44.99 for clear out (on boxing day i got them for $45 last year + i believe 18500 and i got a bonus 8000 points from stuff i bought, i believe it was from those speakers but not 100% sure since i bought a few other items but since i spent exactly $75.xx, this was the most likely item to get an additional 8000 points). I believe a few stores even offered additional discount to get rid of them. Sony's wireless headphone (the ones on sale now @ $69.99) were also $44.99 on boxing day until they cleared them out (not sure if they are clearing them out again this year since they bought them back). iHome BT speakers were also cleared out @ i believe 40% off (might have even gotten lower since more or less the SDM i visited were OOS after 40%). Other examples include Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 models (tho i don't think they were ever cheaper than $220 since they aren't hard to sell even @ SDM's regular price of $230 /w 20x points or redemption), an Acer B1 7" tablet (think it was as cheap as $88? if someone wants to confirm price, probably could dig through threads from last december, it was on sale for pretty much an entire month @ $99 or less, not 100% sure what the lowest price was), i believe a couple laptops too (but i didn't pay attention to which).

I expect these sound bars will be on clearance before long too because they take up too much space and SDM generally don't carry sound bars. One of their BR players likely would be cleared out too (no reason for them to have both LG and Sony). Of course that's just educated guess based on what they have (as in your guess is as good as mine, i'm just matching patterns from the past). If you want a reference for next year, just take a picture of a SDM with a decent size electronics department now and repeat in Feb. You'll notice a decent number of items are no longer being carried.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)