Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Super spend your points event

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2018 9:41 am
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
MegaCreation wrote: Sure, but eventually I have to USE the points. I can't just always accumulate them and never spend them. Although the argument could be made that I could just spend them on groceries, I guess. But that's just boring and wouldn't feel like I got something cool out of it ;)
I have that problem. I keep accumulating and never actually spending my points =(
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1381 posts
1390 upvotes
Pyros wrote: How does it work if you redeemed the maximum (500k points)? Do you get 500 plus the bonus ($150) off for a total discount of 650?
25% of $500/500k would be an extra $125, or $625 total.

Otherwise, that seems to be how it would go. Don't know if there are any restrictions; the fine print isn't really visible in the flyer that's currently available.
Nov 6, 2005
226 posts
70 upvotes
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: 25% of $500/500k would be an extra $125, or $625 total.

Otherwise, that seems to be how it would go. Don't know if there are any restrictions; the fine print isn't really visible in the flyer that's currently available.
Whoops, yes, meant to type $125 — thanks. I guess we will find out if this actually technically allows you to redeem over the $500 cap with the bonus — hoping it will.
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
hotdeal333 wrote: 20X point offer is better deal for those who are wondering

Buying $500 item at 5% tax (doesn't really matter what tax rate is)
$500points + $25cash to cover taxes - $150 20x points = $375 NET (add $1.50 if you really care about 1500 pts you miss out)
$400points(=$500 worth) + $25cash to cover taxes = $425 NET
I am not sure you can say one is a better deal... One is redeeming points you have, the other is collecting points that you ultimately must spend. So given people have points to spend, the deal to compare is what sale will get you more value out of your points.

The better question is if one would be better using these points at superstore rather than shoppers. Depending on what you want to buy, it is perhaps better at superstore. Depends on the person, depends on the flyer.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2009
3164 posts
3358 upvotes
57330 downvotes
AnonymousBroccoli wrote: 25% of $500/500k would be an extra $125, or $625 total.

Pyros wrote: Whoops, yes, meant to type $125 — thanks. I guess we will find out if this actually technically allows you to redeem over the $500 cap with the bonus — hoping it will.
Doesn't seem like there are limits. Legal below:

*Only redeemable at points level of 50,000 points or more and in increments of 10,000 thereafter, in a single transaction. Taxes payable on full purchase price before application of discount reward. Points are not redeemable for cash or credit. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. PC Optimum points redemption excludes purchase of tobacco, lottery tickets, alcohol, gift cards, all prepaid cards, transit/event tickets, post office transactions, Shoppers Home Health Care and Wellwise locations, passport photos, cash back, delivery charges, all non-participating 3rd party operations and any other products which are provincially regulated (including pharmacy-related transactions) or as we determine from time to time. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points, promotions or offers.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2987 posts
2369 upvotes
Fredericton
You could get an Xbox One X for $65 out of pocket assuming you had $500 worth in points to redeem. That's solid.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3146 posts
1489 upvotes
Points are like cash.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Oct 16, 2010
608 posts
814 upvotes
Toronto
Is the app down right now?
Getting an unknown error message.
Apr 3, 2018
176 posts
71 upvotes
MegaCreation wrote: Sure, but eventually I have to USE the points. I can't just always accumulate them and never spend them. Although the argument could be made that I could just spend them on groceries, I guess. But that's just boring and wouldn't feel like I got something cool out of it ;)

But thanks for confirming my math!
Just go to superstore/loblaws whatever and buy things you actually need. They are lowest priced grocery store that sells more food than walmart anyway. I don't understand anyone would have hard time using these points.

Now as to what to buy at Shoppers, camera wise there's nothing worth looking at. They have D3400 and several canon older sensor cameras. Superstore/Loblaws have good TV deals with no tax time to time.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1293 posts
915 upvotes
Waiting for Superstores no tax event, should have coming with their summer gear coming out such as bbqs and patio furniture. They usually put some TVs and PS4 on sale and not tax, I feel it’d be a better use of my points!
RFD has saved & made me $$$
May 26, 2017
66 posts
13 upvotes
Anyone seen the new Kirby switch game at shoppers in the GTA? Preferably North York? Would definitely grab that with this points thing if it can be found.
Jun 14, 2011
688 posts
2096 upvotes
aeba7 wrote: Historically - yes
The Canterbury Tail wrote: Yes. The points aren't a reduction in the price of the item(s), they're a form of payment. The tax would only be reduced if your points provided a discount instead of a payment. Oh and I don't believe you can pay the tax with points, though now 100% on this.

Oh and you can't redeem 32,000 points anyway, only in 10,000 point increments.
Thank you guys, then 20x is better Smiling Face With Open Mouth
😝
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
gokeeper wrote: Thank you guys, then 20x is better Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Thanks to those doing the math on this. I thought there was dodgy stuff going on lol.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4440 posts
2955 upvotes
hotdeal333 wrote: Yes, but if you go for 20X day its even cheaper
Pay 452 - Get 120pts = 332 NET

Senior day 361.6 NET

25% boost promo 381.6 NET
Thats the rfd sdm 20/20 lottery
Use a senior for 20% off on a thursday senior day
And score with a 20x in your app card

Probably the best way to get a nintendo switch or high end electronic
Aug 29, 2017
342 posts
323 upvotes
The 20x points is always better when you do the math except when you spend your points it's technically free. I wrestle with this always since if you look at points as cash then yes the 20x events are better. But the points are not cash and are earned free money so these bonus days make your free money even better hence why I always max my point usage on these days.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4440 posts
2955 upvotes
Is this the largest bonus in recent month with super spend your points event (25%)
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
first point event under the new program, looks not bad at all
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1659 posts
1227 upvotes
London, On

But thanks for confirming my math!
LOL, funny you say it that way. I was accumulating my points in hopes of getting something fun to redeem them for. Eventually decided I wanted a new ipad and wasn't going to get it this way so I just redeemed for $500 in groceries the last month and then bought the new ipad this past weekend. I had to make sure I did it fast before the feeling that I had "free money" went away. I was tempted to just go to the ATM on the way out of the grocery store and take out the dollar value of the points I just redeemed just so I could have my mad money lol.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
djeffery wrote: ...so I just redeemed for $500 in groceries the last month
THAT'S the way the cookie crumbles. Nice.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Apr 9, 2018
2 posts
when does this event start? and does anyone know if this is available online?

this will be my first spend your points event and i've got my eye on a new eyeshadow palette Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)