• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 1:47 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1495 posts
797 upvotes
krs wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:19 pm
I tried to read through this rather lengthy thread but didn't find an answer.

Does the conversion from PC points and Optimum points to the new system happen automatically on Feb 1st 2018 or do I need to do something?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that PC points convert automatically but Optimum points do not - one has to do something via an app (which I don't have)
navyblue wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 6:23 pm
https://www.pcoptimum.ca/
faq answers it

the points convert automatically, and next time you shop(after program launch) using a sdm optimum point card or pc plus card, they will give you a new pc optimum points card.
or you can do it your self when the new app launches and linking to your current accounts and follow the prompts
This.

Points convert automatically once the program launches on Feb 1st, and you have either down loaded the App or gone into the store to make a purchase (cashier swaps out the card for you ... Handy for those that only belong to SDM Optimum currently)

But if you now belong to both programs... The App is the way to go... First thing to do to get started. Sounds like it will come online ahead of time so people can link their two existing accounts into one, so when the program launches all points in BOTH programs will automatically combine.

And again, if after that you want a PC Optimum plastic card, ya just swap out the old one (ie PC Plus) with a Cashier

I think the transition will be easy.

Looks like Loblaws Group put a lot of thought into it, and making it as painless as possible, especially for PC Pls Members... While at the same time working hard to make it still feel familiar to Optimum members.

PS - My household account comments earlier in this thread WERE ACCURATE AT THE TIME OF THE 5:00 AM PRESS RELEASE... The wording has since been changed. And truly now makes more sense.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7364 posts
491 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:08 pm
You need to do all the combing of accounts by the end of January... cause the roll out info says the New PC Optimum Program will be one account per household... and no explanation on how any point / account combining will happen afterwards. You'd hate to forfeit any points you already have.

We have two Shoppers Optimum Accounts... easy enough to transfer points between them on the SDM website.
What about PC Points? Can we combine those too?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1180 posts
173 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 7:26 pm
What about 40x the points on Ipods? :D
Wen was this? I missed it... Never had ipod.. Only iPhone 4...
Add me on PSN: hubu2017 SFV ps4 aka Mikka1989
Oct 7, 2016
983 posts
468 upvotes
Two questions which I haven't seen in this thread or in the FAQs yet.

1. Can you combine the PC/Optimum accounts after the official switch to PC Optimum? I might wanna keep the accounts seperate as I usually collect Optimum Points for myself versus using PC Plus for shared grocery bills.

2. Will they keep the tranfer points feature Optimum has with the new PC Optimum app?
Last edited by rolomonster on Nov 9th, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Tangerine: 2.4% interest for new chequing & savings accounts

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13644 posts
1206 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:37 pm
Wen was this? I missed it... Never had ipod.. Only iPhone 4...
When's the last time you saw an iPod at Shoppers? Yeah, that long ago.

There's been some "Oops" moments throughout the years. With a points program, sometimes the consumer benefits. Doesn't happen a lot though lol
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
13644 posts
1206 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:57 pm
Two questions which I haven't seen in this thread or in the FAQs yet.

1. Can you combine the PC/Optimum accounts after the official switch to PC Optimum? I might wanna keep the accounts seperate as I usually collect Optimum Points for myself versus using PC Plus for shared grocery bills.

2. Will they keep the tranfer points feature Optimum has with the new PC Optimum app?
Read up on family accounts, you can join and leave it at anytime.

No transferring will take place in the new program, points belong to that member and are locked there.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Oct 7, 2016
983 posts
468 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:58 pm
Read up on family accounts, you can join and leave it at anytime.

No transferring will take place in the new program, points belong to that member and are locked there.
Where can I find out info on family accounts? I don't see any info on PC Optimum page or PC Plus (except combining accounts).
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
Ebates: Lifetime Cash Back - $625.34
Tangerine: 2.4% interest for new chequing & savings accounts

OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
1523 posts
223 upvotes
Burnaby
In the short term it will be good for most consumers ie hoard optimum points and cash in on the conversion. In the long term its likely consumers will be worse off with this merger of programs. i cant even recall when the last SDM spend $10 get 3000 points coupon I received was. Probably at least 8 months ago where as I used to get them at least monthly or couple times a month, and this was mainly how I collected my optimum points.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1180 posts
173 upvotes
amplified wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:31 am
In the short term it will be good for most consumers ie hoard optimum points and cash in on the conversion. In the long term its likely consumers will be worse off with this merger of programs. i cant even recall when the last SDM spend $10 get 3000 points coupon I received was. Probably at least 8 months ago where as I used to get them at least monthly or couple times a month, and this was mainly how I collected my optimum points.
ya i used to get those too but i had to buy food or snacks or candy
10 for 3k pts is stupid good!
i usually get now, 20 for 4k , 30 for 5k , 50 for 12k

my current coupon is
20X
Optimum Points
when you spend $50 or more on ALMOST ANYTHING IN THE STORE*
Expires Nov 10

is that better then 50 for 12k points?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1495 posts
797 upvotes
rolomonster wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:07 am
Where can I find out info on family accounts? I don't see any info on PC Optimum page or PC Plus (except combining accounts).
Found the link on the Shoppers Website with the info for the NEW PC Optimum Program

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/help-and-support/faq

In the FAQs Section... Under the Heading "What Do I Need to Do" ... Second to last Question:
QUESTION:
I currently share a PC Plus account with a family member, will we be able to share our points after we create a PC Optimum account and link?

Answer:
When the PC Optimum program launches on February 1, 2018 you can create an online account and link your current family’s PC Plus account. Whoever does this within your family can then send invites to the other family members to join their Household. Once the family members all accept the invitation, you will be able to share your points. More information will be provided about this once the PC Optimum program launches
So where they are encouraging Optimum Members to combine their accounts manually now (on the SDM Website via the Transfer Points Option)... so points transfer all at once to their NEW PC Optimum Account

They are telling folks that have PC Plus Cards now... (as well as those joining in from SDM Optimum) that after the NEW PC Optimum Program launches that family members will be able to set up a Family Account so they can pool points.

Nice new feature.

For now though, we have to just sit tight and wait until February 1st on this front.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5204 posts
1002 upvotes
Montreal
mikka2017 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 6:24 am
ya i used to get those too but i had to buy food or snacks or candy
10 for 3k pts is stupid good!
i usually get now, 20 for 4k , 30 for 5k , 50 for 12k

my current coupon is
20X
Optimum Points
when you spend $50 or more on ALMOST ANYTHING IN THE STORE*
Expires Nov 10

is that better then 50 for 12k points?
Depends on how much you're planning to spend. If you're spending between $50 and $60, the 12K points offer is better. Above $60, the 20X offer is better.

If you plan to spend $100 and can split it in to two transactions of $50 each, use both.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7364 posts
491 upvotes
So polling points is great but it sounds like you are just creating a HOUSEHOLD account that allows you to share points, not collect it under one account number or card.

Sounds like we would still collect under our own account numbers bu have the ability to share points. Was hoping as can just accumulate at the point of collection and not have to transfer.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2700 posts
97 upvotes
Montreal
amplified wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:31 am
Are you signed up to receive email offers? D o you load coupons on your online account? I seem to get new offers every couple of day or two, to the point where I just ignore them and only check my online account when I know I'm going to the store.
Voted RFD Most Helpful/Knowledgeable User in 2008

SDM mini-FAQ
*GCs don't count as a purchase for SDM promotions.
*You can't buy GC's with Optimum points.
*You can only make one redemption on a single purchase.
Feb 5, 2015
101 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
Cyanne wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:51 am
Are you signed up to receive email offers? D o you load coupons on your online account? I seem to get new offers every couple of day or two, to the point where I just ignore them and only check my online account when I know I'm going to the store.
The offers are still good. There is a Tue offer you get if you signed up for text messages, and almost every week a special wed and Friday offer and a weeklong offer. All through the app have to load to account.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1180 posts
173 upvotes
Cyanne wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:51 am
He meant he never gets that 10$ for 3000pts offer anymore