• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 1:47 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1461 posts
772 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:38 am
So polling points is great but it sounds like you are just creating a HOUSEHOLD account that allows you to share points, not collect it under one account number or card.

Sounds like we would still collect under our own account numbers bu have the ability to share points. Was hoping as can just accumulate at the point of collection and not have to transfer.
It does sound that way.

On the otherhand, when I originally joined PC Plus the NEW Membership kit came with the plastic card & one or two key tags... As the PC Plus Program is not that old (less than 5 years) they've never done a Membership Card reissue (Shoppers Optimum have done that at least once)... I'm wondering if the new cards for PC Optimum (which is a program clearly driven by the Loblaws Group) will be issued similarly... Plastic Card PLUS a Key Tag.

That would be awesome for those who wish to share points accumulation with others in their family (ie Husband & Wife)

In the very least... I hope that the NEW PC Optimum App works on more that one device.

Cause the Shoppers Optimum one currently does not.
In our house, we each have our own SDM Optimum App on our phones... But if we want to switch back & forth between the two cards, then we can only access the other card account by opening the SDM Website and logging in there. That is a royal pain.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
7324 posts
483 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:19 pm
It does sound that way.

On the otherhand, when I originally joined PC Plus the NEW Membership kit came with the plastic card & one or two key tags... As the PC Plus Program is not that old (less than 5 years) they've never done a Membership Card reissue (Shoppers Optimum have done that at least once)... I'm wondering if the new cards for PC Optimum (which is a program clearly driven by the Loblaws Group) will be issued similarly... Plastic Card PLUS a Key Tag.

That would be awesome for those who wish to share points accumulation.

In the very least... I hope that the NEW PC Optimum App works on more that one device.

In our house, we each have our own SDM Optimum App on our phones... But if we want to switch back & forth between the two cards, then we can only access the other card account by opening the SDM Website and logging in there. That is a royal pain.
Yeah me and my husband each have our own PC and Optimum accounts. i don't want to go back to 4 accounts or 2 etc. i want 1 lol.

I forgot if they posted this but did they say how we can merge our Optimum and PC account into one? How do they know it's the same person for each account?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3141 posts
357 upvotes
Wat
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:19 pm

I just use the Stocard app and store the wife's reward cards.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1461 posts
772 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:21 pm
Yeah me and my husband each have our own PC and Optimum accounts. i don't want to go back to 4 accounts or 2 etc. i want 1 lol.

I forgot if they posted this but did they say how we can merge our Optimum and PC account into one? How do they know it's the same person for each account?
Start with my Reply # 370 on Page 25 in this thread.

And if you want to combine PC Plus Accounts permanently (from multi into just one) and are NOT INTERESTED IN POOLING option that will be rolling out with the NEW PC Optimum Program on February 1st

Then the how to do that is found on the current PC Plus website, in the HELP SECTION, under MY ACCOUNT
QUESTION:
Can I combine my PC Plus® accounts online?

ANSWER:
Yes, you can combine two PC Plus® accounts online by selecting Combine Accounts under the ‘My Account’ management functions. You will need the email address of the primary account holder in order to complete this action. Once you’ve confirmed the account merge online, the action can not be undone, the points will be moved from the one account to the other and the second account will be deactivated. Please note, this function is only available online through the President’s Choice®, Atlantic Superstore, Dominion, Extra Foods, Fortinos, Loblaws, Loblaws City Market, Maxi, Maxi & Cie, No Frills, Provigo, Provigo Le Marché, Real Canadian Superstore, Save Easy, Valu-mart, Your Independent Grocer, and Zehrs websites. It is not available on pcplus.ca.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7341 posts
1056 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:21 pm

Multiple accounts have come in handy at times, eg this weeks gift card deal with a limit per card
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1461 posts
772 upvotes
zoro69 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:09 pm
Multiple accounts have come in handy at times, eg this weeks gift card deal with a limit per card
True enough.

SO and I have often found that our Optimum Offers / Coupons differ any given day.

But under this current promo one has to spend $ 800 or more on GCs to make it worthwhile, and that is BIG BUCKS!

(offer is limited to 3 transactions per card ... $ 200 x 3 = $ 600 ... For 8,000 Points x 3 = 24,000 Points Maximum)
May 16, 2015
693 posts
129 upvotes
York, ON
Sucks its merging because now i cant double dip using my 3% back world elite mc getting pc pts+ shoppers pts :(

On the bright side we all knew this would happen sooner or later but im glad sdm pts will be merge at fair value. Tbh since they introduced the mobile offers loading instead of printing them, personalized coupons have been shitty now.
Apr 1, 2004
257 posts
86 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 2:10 am
Sucks its merging because now i cant double dip using my 3% back world elite mc getting pc pts+ shoppers pts :(

On the bright side we all knew this would happen sooner or later but im glad sdm pts will be merge at fair value. Tbh since they introduced the mobile offers loading instead of printing them, personalized coupons have been shitty now.
wait are they taking away the 30 points per dollar at shoppers (and other loblaw brand stores)??

i didnt see anything about the elite pc mc card benefits changing because of this...
i was excited coz getting pc points in shoppers too would mean i would get 45points per dollar!
(15 points per dollar at shoppers base point plus 30 points per dollar using the elite mc)
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
1461 posts
772 upvotes
bigmac22 wrote:

jocyyu wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:04 am
wait are they taking away the 30 points per dollar at shoppers (and other loblaw brand stores)??

i didnt see anything about the elite pc mc card benefits changing because of this...
i was excited coz getting pc points in shoppers too would mean i would get 45points per dollar!
(15 points per dollar at shoppers base point plus 30 points per dollar using the elite mc)
Not sure where @bigmac22 is getting their info (link please)

As I understand it, the break up between PC Financial & CIBC was on two fronts.

CIBC took the day to day banking front (bank accounts - investments - loans) and rebranded them Simplii, while PC Financial retained the rights to MasterCard and Insurance Coverage. Still branded as PC Financial.

As all along it's been PC Financial who has been providing Customers with PC Points for use of the CC, including visits to Shoppers DrugMart
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/m/english/cr ... dit-cards/
One can assume that least in the interim (until February 1st) this will continue as is

Back in 2016, Loblaws Group & RBC announced they were going to discontinue their Shoppers Optimum branded CC.

It is my understanding, that to date... Nothing has been announced to eplace it.

Rumor has it, that this is part of the reason that Loblaws Group has retained the PC Financial Banner... To KEEP their MasterCard rights

And that close to the time that the two Points Programs are merged into one (February 1st) as PC Optimum... That there will be a newly branded CC available. Those who have the PC Financial Credit Cards will receive replacement cards with the new branding... And Shoppers Customers will be enticed to apply as well for this card that will reward both SDM & Loblaws Group / PC Customers.

Will the NEW anticipated CC have the same benefits as now... Hard to say. We'll have to wait & see.
I am guessing that any new CC usage points won't disappoint either current PC Plus or SDM Optimum Customers
(just look at the PC Plus model... One can double-dip using the cc at Loblaws Group, so it would make sense that there would be a means to double-dip at Shoppers too)

But ya, for now everything remains the same on the PC Financial CC front.
Double-dip away happily Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1030 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
bigmac22 wrote:
The FAQ is pretty clear dipping will continue:
Will I continue to earn points for purchases with my PC Financial Mastercard® as I do today?

Earn 15 PC Optimum points per $1 spent at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix. For PC Financial Mastercard® customers this is in addition to the points you already earn with your credit card.
Intricated
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11711 posts
2546 upvotes
Montreal
After being burned before, I never, ever trust these "good news" emails about changes to points plans.

So... we're cashing out around $600 in PC Points on various gift cards for Christmas (when we buy groceries, so the CSR can't tell us it's not allowed) at $100-$150 a pop. We were going to buy them anyway, this just saves us any rude surprises come February.
Aug 9, 2014
272 posts
104 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 8:42 am
After being burned before, I never, ever trust these "good news" emails about changes to points plans.

So... we're cashing out around $600 in PC Points on various gift cards for Christmas (when we buy groceries, so the CSR can't tell us it's not allowed) at $100-$150 a pop. We were going to buy them anyway, this just saves us any rude surprises come February.
I thought the till itself prevented us from buying GCs with PC points.

Have you done this before and can you confirm it 100%?

If so this is good news!
Apr 9, 2010
291 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
bigmac22 wrote:
Your comment doesn't make sense, you've always been able to get MC pc points + SDM points if you shop at Shoppers or MC pc points + pc points if you shop at Loblaws grocery stores. The only thing that changes now is that you'll get MC pc optimum points + pc optimum points no matter where you shop.

Loblaws still owns the PC Financial credit card, grocery stores and SDM. I don't get why some people are so fearful of this change, Loblaws has owned all 3 for quite awhile now and they are just merging programs. I don't think that much will change other than you won't redeem at SDM in tiers. They have said we still get 15 points per dollar at SDM and 20x the points. Nothing even really seems to have changed on the Loblaws grocery store side.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
11711 posts
2546 upvotes
Montreal
razrez wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:23 am
I thought the till itself prevented us from buying GCs with PC points.

Have you done this before and can you confirm it 100%?
Please read the entire post:
So... we're cashing out around $600 in PC Points on various gift cards for Christmas (when we buy groceries, so the CSR can't tell us it's not allowed) at $100-$150 a pop.
i.e. Go buy $100+ in groceries, add in a $100 GC, and use $100 of PC Points, which will be applied to the groceries.
Apr 9, 2010
291 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
JackWhyte wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 10:07 am
Please read the entire post:

i.e. Go buy $100+ in groceries, add in a $100 GC, and use $100 of PC Points, which will be applied to the groceries.
Well to be fair, your post said "cashing out around $600 in PC Points on various gift cards", which makes people think you were going to somehow use points for gift cards.

If you're going to buy $100 in groceries and have the PC points only apply to that portion, then you could have just said you were redeeming and not even mention gift cards since they wouldn't be part of the points equation.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)