Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2681 posts
224 upvotes
Ottawa

"Shopper's Voice" surveys - yay or nay?

I can't say I've ever completed a grocery-shopping survey before. Given that I frankly don't care one whit who knows about my purchasing patterns, is it a bad idea to send one of these in?

The best case scenario I can imagine is that I get coupons to save money on stuff I'd be interested in using anyway. The worst case is that I get inundated with useless crap from which there will be no escape.

Your thoughts?
12 replies
Dec 31, 1969
I do them, I like the coupons "Diane" sends me... :cheesygri

I haven't seen any increase in the amount of junk mail that I receive.
Dec 9, 2008
237 posts
14 upvotes
H H Haaamilton
I always fill out and send in ones from "Diane" too. You get a few coupons and sometimes free samples. The coupons are pretty good, usually at least a buck off or more, or the coupon is for a free item. Last time I got free Breatheright nosestrips, a Freedent gum sample, and a coupon for a free can of air freshener, plus other coupons. If you read through the info with the survey, it says that they will send you a selection of coupons that are available to them at the time. If you don't want junk mail or junk email, don't fill out your email address, and don't check the boxes that ask if you want to be contacted by other companies. I just fill out the survey, (personal information is optional), send it in, get my coupons about 3-4 months later, and that's it. I have never been harrassed by any crap from them or other companies.
Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Jack Sparrow
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2681 posts
224 upvotes
Ottawa
So, two votes for and none against? Sounds okay to me.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
930 upvotes
They're way too long or me to bother. I am not going to waste 1/2 hour of my life filling out a boring survey for $2.00 off in coupons.

Maybe if the survey was 1 page double sided or something. But it is like 18 freaking pages long!

I can save more money and have more fun trolling this board for an hour.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Dec 31, 1969
:arrowu:

It's actually a bunch of freebie coupons as well. I got about $15 worth of freebies from the last one...

18 pages? It is four pages.

I guess the attention span of some people is too short and/or the questions are too difficult.

Keep on "trolling".
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
930 upvotes
selpats wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2009 6:13 pm

It's actually a bunch of freebie coupons as well. I got about $15 worth of freebies from the last one...

18 pages? It is four pages.

I guess the attention span of some people is too short and/or the questions are too difficult.

Keep on "trolling".
I don't know what survey YOU get but I am holding the "Diane" one right in my hand and it is 4 double-sided folded pages, = 16 (OK I was off by two)
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Dec 9, 2008
237 posts
14 upvotes
H H Haaamilton
selpats wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2009 6:13 pm

Arrrrgghhh...so...many...questions...it takes me 10 minutes to figure out what kind of soap I use, especially when the embossed name wears off in the shower. :confused:
(crap! is this Zest or Irish Spring????????)

It's multiple choice...when in doubt, pick 'C'! :D
Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Jack Sparrow
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2776 posts
38 upvotes
Home
The one I tried was long so i gave up.
I don't bother with them anymore.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7041 posts
673 upvotes
GTA
I just got this survey too. I filled it out and will mail it out (without my email address). The coupons from this aren't bad and didn't take me long to do. I filled it out while having my morning coffee.
brunes wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2009 6:21 pm
I don't know what survey YOU get but I am holding the "Diane" one right in my hand and it is 4 double-sided folded pages, = 16 (OK I was off by two)
Must be a different one than the one I got today from "Diane". The one I just got from "Diane" is 6 pages total. When you open it up, there are three pages and they're double sided which equals 6.
Mar 21, 2012
1 posts
brunes wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2009 6:04 pm
They're way too long or me to bother. I am not going to waste 1/2 hour of my life filling out a boring survey for $2.00 off in coupons.

Maybe if the survey was 1 page double sided or something. But it is like 18 freaking pages long!

I can save more money and have more fun trolling this board for an hour.
I had did it in under 20 minutes. it depends on how fast you can read, plus you dont have to do it all in one sitting if its such a burden...
I got a big thick envelope of over like 200 bucks of in coupons along with a few free items, and the best is the coupons dont expire till like 2013-2014
Mar 13, 2006
729 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely got a lot of coupons from filling out the survey.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2681 posts
224 upvotes
Ottawa
Gee, who bumped this..?

For some reason I never actually got anything after I filled out my survey, and now that I'm living back East, I have never again been sent such a survey.
× < >