• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2018 1:51 am
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
1865 posts
308 upvotes
yugsekwaf wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:16 pm
Hey guys, a little help here. I moved from the US a couple of months back and need help with finding a good online stock broker - Lot of info/choices from the web and I understand the choices differ based on needs/priorities, but looking for something with a low trading fee, low/no monthly fee and low/no monthly minimum balance. Wish robinhood was here in Canada! TIA
Ah.. you moved from trader's heaven I guess (the unheard region of free commission). Try Interactive Broker.
Feb 5, 2017
413 posts
229 upvotes
yes for 3 hours in and out of the market it is. Will be on vacation next week so can't stay long.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3951 posts
873 upvotes
SPX at resistance, yet no trading volume and VIX keep sliding.
AD line, TICKs, breadth all negative, but look at ES at HOD. Completely detached.
IMO, there should be another decline before a rise to 2825. But markets can stay illogical much longer

As usual, market is supported by just handful of large cap tech stocks - MSFT, AMZN, GOOG and FB.
Bonds completely stopped trading, expectation for the higher rates, but they are stuck, Sir.
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat 😃
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
1865 posts
308 upvotes
Tech ER season kicked off with NFLX today after market close. (Another downgrade from the bank and pulled the price down this PM - same pattern as last quarter ER where they soared after and rallied for few days)

NQ - futures 4 hr chart showing resistance at 7413-7414 with higher lows being made.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2006
3308 posts
222 upvotes
rapashoo wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 8:13 am
Tech ER season kicked off with NFLX today after market close. (Another downgrade from the bank and pulled the price down this PM - same pattern as last quarter ER where they soared after and rallied for few days)

NQ - futures 4 hr chart showing resistance at 7413-7414 with higher lows being made.
NFLX missing estimates/target and tumbles 10%+ after hours....ugh...more red for me
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4417 posts
649 upvotes
Montreal
White Comet wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 4:21 pm
NFLX missing estimates/target and tumbles 10%+ after hours....ugh...more red for me
Subscriber additions were really below consensus. I believe its original content/movies were really sub par. "How it ends" was a complete waste of time.
Feb 5, 2017
413 posts
229 upvotes
netflix is -14% and I am pretty sure we are going to see more blood tomorrow... so like the 2000 bubble... can't wait for all of these to burst !!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3951 posts
873 upvotes
alexcalvado wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 5:27 pm
netflix is -14% and I am pretty sure we are going to see more blood tomorrow... so like the 2000 bubble... can't wait for all of these to burst !!
Haha, top 5 stocks (hint: faang) are worth 4 cool trillion, which is more than 300 bottom S&P 500 companies. Wow

AMZN next
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat 😃
Feb 5, 2017
413 posts
229 upvotes
dlhunter wrote:
Jul 16th, 2018 7:49 pm
Haha, top 5 stocks (hint: faang) are worth 4 cool trillion, which is more than 300 bottom S&P 500 companies. Wow

AMZN next
yeap and people continue to believe that they can only go up and up and up.. if it was that easy guys, everybody would be a millionnaire but it just can't be. I do firmly believe that faang will be one of the cause of the next market downturn. Amazon was worth what ? 100$ or so before the 2000 crash.. and then something like 7$ ??