• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 12:20 pm
[OP]
Feb 9, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Short trip in Los Angeles

I might stay in Los Angeles for 2 to 3 days more after a business trip, please recommend some must-eat restaurants and must-visit spots. I may spare one day for Disneyland and another day for the Universal Studio, kindly recommend a hotel nearby.. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
20 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
3195 posts
846 upvotes
Moncton
I really enjoyed my bike trip from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach. Rented the bike in Santa Monica.

Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15939 posts
1853 upvotes
Itsasony wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 3:48 pm
I might stay in Los Angeles for 2 to 3 days more after a business trip, please recommend some must-eat restaurants and must-visit spots. I may spare one day for Disneyland and another day for the Universal Studio, kindly recommend a hotel nearby.. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

I would rent a car and drive the Pacific Highway to Santa Monic - it's very nice drive. Preferably a convertible with the top down :D
Jul 12, 2015
195 posts
24 upvotes
You definitely need to rent a car when in LA if you want to visit a lot of places.

I 2nd the suggestion to drive the PCH to Santa Monica, and then continue on to Malibu. Stop at the Malibu Country Mart and see if you can bump into any TV/movie stars. The drive is beautiful.

Go check out one or both of the Getty museums.

The Griffiths Observatory is nice at night.

Try out Umami Burgers for a different take on the burger. Joan's on Third is a great deli in West Hollywood.
Nov 10, 2015
964 posts
237 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
A few days ago I would have recommended the Anaheim White House Restaurant. But it burned down two days ago. Loudly Crying Face
[OP]
Feb 9, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MonctonMan wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 4:22 pm
I really enjoyed my bike trip from Santa Monica to Redondo Beach. Rented the bike in Santa Monica.

Thank you, will definitely go there! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Feb 9, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
coolspot wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 9:49 pm
I would rent a car and drive the Pacific Highway to Santa Monic - it's very nice drive. Preferably a convertible with the top down :D
Sounds fun, will definitely look for a convertible! Thank you!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Feb 9, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AlexiRos wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 2:53 pm
You definitely need to rent a car when in LA if you want to visit a lot of places.

I 2nd the suggestion to drive the PCH to Santa Monica, and then continue on to Malibu. Stop at the Malibu Country Mart and see if you can bump into any TV/movie stars. The drive is beautiful.

Go check out one or both of the Getty museums.

The Griffiths Observatory is nice at night.

Try out Umami Burgers for a different take on the burger. Joan's on Third is a great deli in West Hollywood.
Thank you, will add all of them to my itinerary. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Feb 9, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
poleman wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 5:04 pm
A few days ago I would have recommended the Anaheim White House Restaurant. But it burned down two days ago. Loudly Crying Face
OMG, so sad! Crying Face
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2575 posts
235 upvotes
Vaughan
I really enjoyed this place called the yardstick, I think that's what it was called. It was located outside the staples center. I not sure what type of food you typically eating, but its more like a moxie's/earl's/milestone's restaurant type. Also over 100 beers on tap, if you're in to that.

If you have time, drive to San Diego. Much nicer than LA imo. its 2 hours away. I really liked the SD zoo. Much much better than the Toronto zoo. I think you could also do whale watching down there.
For Sale
Banana Republic Mens Top Coat
banana-republic-mens-top-coat-1846703/#post24082895
Banned
Feb 8, 2017
54 posts
30 upvotes
I recommend Hearst Castle as well, as well as 6 flags or knotts berry farm. I've been there personally and it's great.
Def try the mex food there. Can't get it legit up here.
[OP]
Feb 9, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
phuviano wrote:
Feb 9th, 2017 11:11 pm
I really enjoyed this place called the yardstick, I think that's what it was called. It was located outside the staples center. I not sure what type of food you typically eating, but its more like a moxie's/earl's/milestone's restaurant type. Also over 100 beers on tap, if you're in to that.

If you have time, drive to San Diego. Much nicer than LA imo. its 2 hours away. I really liked the SD zoo. Much much better than the Toronto zoo. I think you could also do whale watching down there.

Googled, could not find Yardstick though.... Disappointed Face
[OP]
Feb 9, 2015
34 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NCT127 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2017 1:20 am
I recommend Hearst Castle as well, as well as 6 flags or knotts berry farm. I've been there personally and it's great.
Def try the mex food there. Can't get it legit up here.
Thank you! NCT127 Smiling Face With Open Mouth