None
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1013 upvotes
Houston, TX
leflower wrote: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... e36284938/

But...But...everything is fine...BUY!
Did you read an article or just a title?

Canada's gap now stands at 11.3 percentage points above the long-term average, down from 14.1 percentage points in the previous quarterly reading.

Actually debt to GDP improved recently, so it's a bit slowpoky to short AFTER the ratio peaked...
Make the face great again
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1939 posts
2937 upvotes
Burlington, ON
leflower wrote: https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/report ... e36284938/

But...But...everything is fine...BUY!
Leflower, seriously you should watch this video. While we've been having fun watching this fail train continue to derail on a daily basis for 18 months, just consider what Charlie Munger has to say.

(skip ahead to 10:25 if my link doesn't do that for you)

Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1013 upvotes
Houston, TX
Gungnir wrote: Leflower, seriously you should watch this video. While we've been having fun watching this fail train continue to derail on a daily basis for 18 months, just consider what Charlie Munger has to say.

(skip ahead to 10:25 if my link doesn't do that for you)

There is Ukrainian proverb about such kind of people - do not waste your time, dear
But how we can fun without him, eh?

P.s. with such level of comprehension, not going beyond the click&bait titles, I'd be surprised he can really invest in anything. Paper profits so far, I can make this in 5 minutes, maybe faster.
Oct 27, 2014
560 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto, ON
asa1973 wrote: Did you read an article or just a title?

Canada's gap now stands at 11.3 percentage points above the long-term average, down from 14.1 percentage points in the previous quarterly reading.

Actually debt to GDP improved recently, so it's a bit slowpoky to short AFTER the ratio peaked...
OP is a textbook victim of the sensationalism produced by zerohedge and newspaper headlines.
Mar 10, 2009
317 posts
281 upvotes
Toronto
Gungnir wrote: So, how is your portfolio doing today?
He can't reply today as RY is currently up $0.89 to $93.06 as of the time of this post.
Dec 13, 2014
375 posts
145 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
actually Gunger...its slightly up.
SSRM.to is up exactly what RY is down and they are equal positions in size,...plus gold is slightly up which is a much bigger position. Thanks for caring sop much though! LOL
200 SMA is destroyed and only a matter of time that 90 breakdown happens. Credit bubble will not go away just like that. Ignore at your own peril.
Aug 14, 2010
612 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
leflower wrote: actually Gunger...its slightly up.
SSRM.to is up exactly what RY is down and they are equal positions in size,...plus gold is slightly up which is a much bigger position. Thanks for caring sop much though! LOL
200 SMA is destroyed and only a matter of time that 90 breakdown happens. Credit bubble will not go away just like that. Ignore at your own peril.
Miners UP YUUUGEEEEE
Dec 13, 2014
375 posts
145 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
emanon86 wrote: Miners UP YUUUGEEEEE
Emanon86...since you diss the miners...lets make a bet taking ydays closes.
RY closed at 92.98
SSRM closed at 12.62
Lets take a look a year from now how these gains/losses compare. my bet is there will be a 30-40% spread in my long/short in my favour.
( we can add the divs to the price at end )
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1939 posts
2937 upvotes
Burlington, ON
leflower wrote: Emanon86...since you diss the miners...lets make a bet taking ydays closes.
RY closed at 92.98
SSRM closed at 12.62
Lets take a look a year from now how these gains/losses compare. my bet is there will be a 30-40% spread in my long/short in my favour.
( we can add the divs to the price at end )
You've been exposed to a dangerous amount of mockery over the last 18 months. Are you sure you're prepared for more?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
Gosh this joke has been great for like 65 pages... but it's getting old. Can we get a different punch line other than "oh ma mina up yuuuuge"? Work has been kinda boring lately. Need more new jokes thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1013 upvotes
Houston, TX
boyohboy wrote: Gosh this joke has been great for like 65 pages... but it's getting old. Can we get a different punch line other than "oh ma mina up yuuuuge"? Work has been kinda boring lately. Need more new jokes thanks.
you could not teach old dog for a new joke (c)

I do agree, this thread for last year becomes predictive

all: RY/TD etc post new highs, what about your shorts?
op: my miners are up

with paper money you can make any portfolio goes up in any situation
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
950 upvotes
crystal ball gazing

SSRM end of day price on 29 September $12.20 or lower

SSRM end of day price on 29 December $12.20 or lower
Deal Fanatic
Oct 9, 2008
5684 posts
2251 upvotes
Thornhill
asa1973 wrote: you could not teach old dog for a new joke (c)

I do agree, this thread for last year becomes predictive

all: RY/TD etc post new highs, what about your shorts?
op: my miners are up

with paper money you can make any portfolio goes up in any situation
Paper money and paper shorts are cheap, requires no due diligence, risk management or attention to paying out dividends, interest nor possibilities of margin calls.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2014
1939 posts
2937 upvotes
Burlington, ON
leflower wrote: 200 SMA is destroyed and only a matter of time that 90 breakdown happens.
It's just like clockwork, isn't it? Up 4 percent since Friday on no news. Seriously, thanks for the prediction, it's really grown my port.
Aug 14, 2010
612 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
But but but the 200 SMA was destroyed!! How can this be?!?!Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jun 27, 2007
5507 posts
1956 upvotes
Gungnir wrote: It's just like clockwork, isn't it? Up 4 percent since Friday on no news. Seriously, thanks for the prediction, it's really grown my port.
news are all banks are up across the board, esp US ones. This is on the heels of FED starting to wind down it's balance sheet. Why? Because banks sit on the appreciating assets and expectation of higher inflation down the road.

On the flip side, yield curve flattens and long bonds up today vs flat yesterday, while short bonds are down (and yield up). Banks profits will be squeezed... in the free market. Unfortunately, Canada is not free market and our banks will never give up +2% spread. I am leaning more and more to buy/add.
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat 😃
In Fed We Trust - Make ES Limit Down Great Again!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)