Tags:
None
Oct 21, 2014
650 posts
438 upvotes
Burlington, ON
leflower wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 6:13 pm
rate hike will pinch consumer spending reducing GDP growth. Strong CAD will hurt exporters. Perfect storm approaching and 90 will be broken very soon.
This can snowball down pretty fast IMO. A great short entry for anyone right now.
Not that I care that much given the amount of lying, and then ignoring the lies you told earlier and stacking even more lies on top of the original lies you have done, but you've been at this for two and a half years. Here's a fun fact, you have 11900 shares short currently, paying 0.91 per share per quarter, meaning you're paying $43316 per year after taxes to people like me. I know entire families of four which make less than that after taxes figure.

So what's the plan now? At what point do you log on to your RBC or TD brokerage account or whatever you said it was this week and add more short?
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
360 posts
106 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
not adding more shorts...I have a 1 mil dollar position in it...thats enough. My gold position is much larger and my SSRM position is equal...so having fun.
Perfect storm ahead...see you at 80 Gunger
Oct 21, 2014
650 posts
438 upvotes
Burlington, ON
leflower wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:35 am
You promised me $80... now how am I going to retire early? :(
Jul 27, 2017
489 posts
138 upvotes
GTA
In your OP February 2016 ... you said
leflower wrote:
Feb 9th, 2016 8:16 am
In my opinion is one of the safest trades out there. My targets have been RBC and TD as have been short for a year now.
then as of recently

leflower wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 6:13 pm
rate hike will pinch consumer spending reducing GDP growth. Strong CAD will hurt exporters. Perfect storm approaching and 90 will be broken very soon.
This can snowball down pretty fast IMO. A great short entry for anyone right now.
leflower wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:35 am
not adding more shorts...I have a 1 mil dollar position in it...thats enough. My gold position is much larger and my SSRM position is equal...so having fun.

Do you have a crystal ball?

Other than the wind-up, how do you figure RY was first going to be below $90, then the change to $80 - if so, when?
Gungnir wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 2:34 pm
You promised me $80... now how am I going to retire early? :(
I'm with Gungnir on this one
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1561 posts
682 upvotes
Hamilton
I want OP to be right so I can pick up some cheap TD or RY, even though he's got a lot of hate for saying it.

This still remains one of the more entertaining threads on investing that I've read in a while.
[OP]
Dec 13, 2014
360 posts
106 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
love how Gunger shows up to post when RY finally has an up day...200 SMA is destroyed and 90 being broken to downside is only a matter of time.
Add to that rising interest rates coupled with all-time high consumer debt and you have a recipee for disaster here...TICK TOCK...the time bomb is ticking Gung.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3909 posts
1105 upvotes
Video of leflower from July 2016 has been found!

Unlimited funds! Dollar cost averaging to the upside!

Who needs stop losses when you got unlimited funds?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3909 posts
1105 upvotes
Some would rather be late and right then early and wrong.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
3189 posts
512 upvotes
renoldman wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 11:11 pm
Some would rather be late and right then early and wrong.
it's hard to short in a hole or buy on a gap up. in theory, it's all good, but when it comes to trading, very few are able to pull it off.
After spending many years in Wall Street and after making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: it never was my thinking that made the big money for me. It was always my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight!
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
1376 posts
516 upvotes
Houston, TX
leflower wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 9:20 pm
love how Gunger shows up to post when RY finally has an up day...200 SMA is destroyed and 90 being broken to downside is only a matter of time.
Add to that rising interest rates coupled with all-time high consumer debt and you have a recipee for disaster here...TICK TOCK...the time bomb is ticking Gung.
tick-tock your broken clock sometimes shows correct time, but most of time time it doesn't
RY
91.99 +0.17 (0.19%)

crashing under 90, eh?
Make the Trudeau drama teacher again!
Oct 21, 2014
650 posts
438 upvotes
Burlington, ON
leflower wrote:
You promised me $80 and you didn't deliver. Of all the lies, that one hurt the most *sniff*. I'm going to have to spend my dividend cheques on something to cheer me up.
Aug 14, 2010
366 posts
154 upvotes
Toronto
leflower wrote:
hahaha this guy is the complete laughing stock of the rfd investing forum and he still keeps going on. This thread was started when RY was trading at $68/share. Maybe start a new thread, under a new username with a new 18 month time line?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3794 posts
699 upvotes
Toronto
emanon86 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:23 am
hahaha this guy is the complete laughing stock of the rfd investing forum and he still keeps going on. This thread was started when RY was trading at $68/share. Maybe start a new thread, under a new username with a new 18 month time line?
Yeah, I want the "starting" $68 for RY back, not even asking for lower than that.
Aug 17, 2008
600 posts
185 upvotes
Should a systemic meltdown occur, the Cdn bank prices would fall too, but that isn't part of the OP's thesis. Here's another opinion on the relative risk of Int'l banks. Not mentioned in the article, but Aussie banks are more reliant on wholesale funding relative to their Cdn peers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ter-canada