Should a 5 month pregnant woman PAINT?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2017 2:51 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2008
2722 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto
Dont paint, take some rest. what if you are trying to climb a ladder a fell? or just trip?
why take the risk??

I am tired of all these newspaper articles where a 9 month pregnant woman is wight lifting or winning gold in olympics.

pregnancy in itself is a huge responsibility and a big toll on a woman's health for something that is worthy of all moons and stars, so why tell her to do everything else is the world as if pregnancy is a benign situation. ITs a big thing that I am sure majority if not all man can take upon themselves if given an option; and yes, dont be fooled into doing it in the name of "women empowerment".
Jan 29, 2015
53 posts
17 upvotes
zero voc paint probably doesn't really mean zero voc, since there's still voc in the colour pigments.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
15114 posts
4213 upvotes
Ottawa
rytwjyx wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 4:34 pm
zero voc paint probably doesn't really mean zero voc, since there's still voc in the colour pigments.
100% correct.
I recently bought 0 VOC paint with a disclaimer of "No VOCs (before adding colourant)".
Apr 14, 2015
464 posts
99 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
Consider painting the room after your baby is born. In fact, wait three to five years, because it will certainly need it much, much more by then.
Mar 9, 2012
740 posts
226 upvotes
KITCHENER
jetsfan69 wrote:
Jul 20th, 2017 3:08 pm
Can a pregnant woman paint a single bedroom? Should we be concerned about the fumes odour / it may have health risks for the baby ?
Are you asking for yourself or you significant other? If it's your SO, remember to stand at a safe distance close to exit doors. Have a box of chocolates that you can gently toss her favourite in her direction. If things get bad, toss chocolates in her direction, exit immediately, and only return when it's safe to do so.

If you're asking for yourself, use a latex based paint (as long as you're not allergic to latex) and keep a good airflow. So no melamine paints. Remember to have ice cream and water and coffee close by. Touch ups should be done on your due date, this will speed things up and you'll have a shorter labour.
Feb 16, 2013
471 posts
519 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't either. There's enough crap in the air and food to deal with, never mind more.
Very little benefit to knows what kind of risk.