• Apr 9th, 2012 3:58 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 7, 2010
316 posts
16 upvotes

Should I call to confirm an interview?

I received a call about a job interview (cineplex) couple days ago, and was on the GO bus at the time. Im pretty sure she said saturday April 15th at 5PM, but april 15th seems to be a sunday :S.

Now Im worried that it may even be tomorrow (highly doubtful). And should I call the number that called me back??
OVOXO
7 replies
Apr 19, 2004
192 posts
43 upvotes
Aurora
trunkstt wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 2:41 pm
I received a call about a job interview (cineplex) couple days ago, and was on the GO bus at the time. Im pretty sure she said saturday April 15th at 5PM, but april 15th seems to be a sunday :S.

Now Im worried that it may even be tomorrow (highly doubtful). And should I call the number that called me back??

It is perfectly OK to call, I would.
[OP]
Jun 7, 2010
316 posts
16 upvotes
tried calling and no answer (most likely since its good friday), Will try to call tomorrow in the morning. Hopefully the interview is not tomorrow but the week after.
OVOXO
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1038 posts
90 upvotes
GTA
Who called you? Do you know what their position was in the company?

If it's an HR person, you'll unlikely get a hold of them on weekends.
If it's a manager at Cineplex, then maybe you can. And if your interview is with the theatre manager (which is likely given these kinds of jobs), it's certainly possible for it to be on the weekend.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1903 posts
185 upvotes
trunkstt wrote:
Apr 6th, 2012 4:02 pm
tried calling and no answer (most likely since its good friday), Will try to call tomorrow in the morning. Hopefully the interview is not tomorrow but the week after.

Yes, give them a call to confirm. But, you will probably not get an offer if it's a job that requires solid listening skills.

Good HR recruiters or companies will usually send you an email to confirm time, date, and location. :D
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
10474 posts
2748 upvotes
Markham
If you are close by anyway, just show up and see. Worse to worse, go in and see a movie. :lol:
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
[OP]
Jun 7, 2010
316 posts
16 upvotes
MP3_SKY wrote:
Apr 7th, 2012 12:56 am
If you are close by anyway, just show up and see. Worse to worse, go in and see a movie. :lol:

Yeah thats what i was thinking, regardless Im going to drop by tomorrow. Ill you know how it goes lmao
OVOXO