Cell Phones

Should I get rid of my Bell plan and go to GSM?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2008 7:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes

Should I get rid of my Bell plan and go to GSM?

So I was thinking of switching to Rogers or ANY GSM provider for my cell phone provider because I want to be able to buy gsm phones from anywhere and use them. Currently I am with bell and I was wondering if Rogers can give me a comparable plan or is it worth keeping this plan because I have a year left on the contract and I can continue this plan after that. I am also due for a hardware upgrade credit of $200 in a month. Any suggestions for plans and providers?

My bell corporate plan:
200 anytime minutes & free weekend $20
911 fee $0.75
Message center
Call waiting
Call display
No system access fee

Additional:
Unlimited Texting $10 (sometimes they waive this randomly, through spring and summer lol)
Canadian Long-distance $0.07/ min

Total after taxes is $34/month

I can also add the following features cheaper then regular customers:
Unlimited weeknights $5
Unlimited internet $7
Changing numbers $25
Pretty much everything gets discounted.

Thanks guys
5 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
New customers don't have much power or say in their contracts unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes
My question is that is my plan worth keeping, say if i could get a rogers retention plan would be as good as my plan?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
1386 posts
7 upvotes
looks like ill be getting rid of it anyways , got a free BB pearl 8120(GSM) yesterday! :D .... any takers or might just give it to my sibling
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2005
1886 posts
161 upvotes
coriolis wrote: New customers don't have much power or say in their contracts unfortunately.
That is so stupid...
I emailed Robbers to tell them what I have currently.. .and that I would love to be a Rogers customer, but refuse to pay for a "regular joe" plan, and if they want me as a customer.. make me an offer.

They emailed me back to say they cannot help me... go to a rogers store. We all know the Rogers Store has zero power.

I don't understand some businesses.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)