Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19036 posts
1494 upvotes
Acid_ wrote:
Oct 24th, 2009 1:21 am
Yeah I mean really there's saving on buying food and then there's only eating Kraft Dinner because it's a buck a meal. Get a coat.
I love KD. If I was still single I would probably still eat it 3-4 times / week because it is so quick and easy and tastes good.

If I had a million dollars....

EDIT: Back on topic, I agree with other posters, get a cheapie jacket/vest for now and get your nice one when it goes on sale. If you don't feel comfortable buying from Goodwill or Value Village, there is always Giant Tiger - they have winter jackets and vests there for dirt cheap, and some aren't half bad looking.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
208 upvotes
Surrey
Shaner wrote:
Oct 24th, 2009 12:20 am
There's being reasonable when it comes to looking for deals, then there's being ridiculous. Freezing in the winter because you're waiting for a deal is ridiculous.
Apparently you don't agree with the idea of lining up outside stores for Boxing Day doorcrashers, then? :D
Alan lost his fight against cancer at just 5 years, 2 months old. I'm riding to Conquer Cancer, in memory of Alan.
Please donate toward my fundraising efforts and support research into childhood cancers.
Simply scan my avatar to go straight to the donation page!
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
2625 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
It really depends on the time that you're going to be spending outside, if you owe a car then its not really necessary to own a winter jacket since your time being outside is limited to those who your the public transportation as transit. But then again, its really up to you. For me personally, I'm willling to dish out 400 for a really warm jacket just for winter cause i know its gonna last me quite some time.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
10891 posts
1031 upvotes
I've never owned a real warm down jacket in my life, I wanted one last year but they I didn't want to spend so much. Eventually I held out till January and got a great deal on a jacket I really like!
Jun 15, 2009
182 posts
68 upvotes
mrspuff wrote:
Nov 4th, 2009 9:11 pm
i thought their boxing day sales were about 25% off regular price and then 50% only on stuff on sale? i didn't see that everything was 50% during last year's boxing day sale.
Thats what the Boxing Day sale was last year, it was not 50% off the entire store. Perhaps they were referring to the US?
Jul 5, 2004
23828 posts
3392 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote:
Nov 10th, 2009 9:50 am
Apparently you don't agree with the idea of lining up outside stores for Boxing Day doorcrashers, then? :D
Actually I'm fine with that and I've lined up myself on Boxing day. You know what I meant when I wrote my post though.