• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2013 8:39 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 12, 2013
6 posts
KELOWNA

Should I keep the car or sell the car?

I have a 1998 Subaru Legacy (Brighton SE), manual stick transmission, in excellent running conditions. No leaks. Everything needs to be repaired has been repaired. The mileage is close to 190K (which is low for a Subaru). I will not hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow. Next month, I will go live in USA for one year. Should I keep the car in garage or sell it before I go? TIA
4 replies
Jan 12, 2013
6 posts
KELOWNA
No I don't need the money. Yes, I do like the car. Someone told me that I should sell the car and get another one after I move back.
Aug 25, 2005
539 posts
11 upvotes
If you have any sort of emotional attachment to the car, keep it! Give it to a friend for a year or store it somehow. You will regret it if you sell it (speaking from personal experience here). If no emotional attachment, then do whatever that makes life convenient or more economical.
Jan 12, 2013
6 posts
KELOWNA
I like the car but don't have any emotion attached to it (since I purchased only five months ago). I think I will put an ad for the car to see what people are willing to offer. If the offer is somewhat close to what have paid for the car, I think I will let it go, and bring back a newer car from the States next year. Thanks the reply.