• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2008 5:53 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 27, 2008
1 posts

should i leave bell? or get a better plan with their retention services

hello there folks

im new here, so please dont fault me if i dont have this in the right section of the forum. here goes

as we all know, bell is now going to charge us for incoming text, if we dont subscribe to a text plan. i think this is absurd and wrong for them to do it. ive been a loyal bell customer for 5 years now and the only reason i didnt change or switch companies is because of the fact that bell hasnt really pissed me off really. i also like to state that my plan hasnt changed in pretty much 4 years and i think its ok for what i use my phone for. here is a breakdown.

All-in-One Nights and Weekends - 35

100 anytime minutes
free evening from 8 pm and weekends
3 way calling
911 service
detail billing
call forwarding
call waiting
system access fee
20 free calls/touch base

voice mail express/caller id - 8

so its a grand total of 43 plus tax. assuming i dont go over my minutes the total is 48.59.

bell has also noted to me that my value bundle plan will be raised 2 bucks per month (those bastards!!). so my grand total can now be 50.85 per month.

after looking around the other companies, there all pretty much the same. each has their own features and what not, but more less the same. unless i have a connection or hook, i think my plan is decent. although from reading on these boards, one can always get a better plan if you find the right csr in retentions to help you out. i dont have a contract holding me down. id prefer to not have one, but am slowly realizing that you cant really get a good plan without signing a one/two/three year plan. of course i can simply change my value bundle caller id/voice mail to the bundle ten plan (caller id/voice mail/100texts), but its more of the principle of something you had for free, but now being charged for. this has been an annoying situation. i havent called bell yet to see if they can help me out.

so my question is, should i leave bell, or stay? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the long read. cheers.