Shopping Discussion

Should I pickup 1gb SD card from FS / BB?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2005 8:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 11, 2005
282 posts
49 upvotes

Should I pickup 1gb SD card from FS / BB?

i see that FS and BB have 1gb SD card on sale on boxing day, at 70. I am in line for a 1gb card, but the deal doesn't seem to be too good. Esp since [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] just had a kingston 1gb for $65.

It seems there is better deals out there online if i just wait. Am i right?
11 replies
Oct 5, 2003
351 posts
1 upvote
seifer333 wrote:i see that FS and BB have 1gb SD card on sale on boxing day, at 70. I am in line for a 1gb card, but the deal doesn't seem to be too good. Esp since [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] just had a kingston 1gb for $65.

It seems there is better deals out there online if i just wait. Am i right?
The Similar one advertised in BB is $64.99

There is a KINGSTON 1GB SD ELITE PRO for $ 74.99. THAT IS...HOT.
not a SCORCHER...but a Very Good Deal...!!

I would pay the extra $ 10 and get the High Speed.

Thoughts anyone>>>??
Oct 12, 2005
61 posts
Vancouver, BC
I would as well. depends if you feel the difference in speed. Though a lot of ppl are into capacity then speed.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9177 posts
842 upvotes
GTA
Sam's Club has an SD and CF for less than $70 also (I think $68). Not high speed (I think they are both San Disk)
Deal Addict
May 4, 2003
1584 posts
13 upvotes
Does the Canon SD series really need a high-speed card to run flawlessly?

I looked it up and there really isn't a consensus - can anyone here speak from experience?

I too am looking for a 1GB.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2003
1314 posts
69 upvotes
JT94 wrote:Does the Canon SD series really need a high-speed card to run flawlessly?

I looked it up and there really isn't a consensus - can anyone here speak from experience?

I too am looking for a 1GB.
no you don't need high speed card, but it does help. i have a sd300 with regular kingston and ATP high speed card. it does take slightly longer for the camera to finish writing to the kingston than the ATP card. with ATP card, take a picture, the green status lights flash once and it's done writing. with Kingston card, green status light flashes ~3 times and finish writing the picture.
Aug 16, 2004
490 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver
What I'm not liking about both offer is the MIR. I hate paying tax on top of the MIR. :evil:
[OP]
Dec 11, 2005
282 posts
49 upvotes
What i don't like about the BB deal is that there is $20 mail in... half the time you dont' even know if it's coming...
Oct 20, 2004
212 posts
12 upvotes
Kitchener
Picked up a 1 gb SD card from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] last week for only $59.99 (no rebates to get "lost" in the mail). Boxing Day prices aren't that great. You can usually get the same or better prices throughout the year if you look around.
[OP]
Dec 11, 2005
282 posts
49 upvotes
ya that's what i was thinking too... too bad i miss that [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] deal!!!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40728 posts
2126 upvotes
Richmond Hill
[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]Tigerdirect[/rfdlink] has ULTRA brand SD card 512mb for $19 with a $20MIR, if you feel like dealing with [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=150]Tigerdirect[/rfdlink] with MIRs is a way to make your christmas more enjoyable. Otherwise, FS has the Kingston 512mb @$29 after $18MIR, which is a good deal. I'm looking forward to pick up the ladder.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Nov 4, 2005
214 posts
I got my 1GB card from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=147]Tiger Direct[/rfdlink]. With shipping etc... it worked out to $66 and some change. (no rebate)