Careers

Should I respond to HR confirmation emails?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2011 1:50 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 26, 2009
61 posts
2 upvotes

Should I respond to HR confirmation emails?

Hi RFDers,

I just got off the phone with the HR department of a potential employer. During the call they gave me information on the schedule of the interview day and the people I will be speaking to. The interview consists of talking to 1 director, 1 manager, and 2 other employees in a similar role at the company for 1 hour each, and the 1 hour session with the manager is over lunch.

The HR department sent me an email after the call with everyone that I will be talking to Cc'ed. My question is, should I reply to that email with a "Thank you for your consideration" etc, or should I not respond to it. If I should respond, should I reply just to the HR or should I reply to all those that are Cc'ed.

Thanks
6 replies
Sep 20, 2006
235 posts
1 upvote
Doesn't hurt to just Reply All and say "Thank you for your email. I look forward to meeting everyone on __________".
Jan 8, 2006
505 posts
75 upvotes
If HR calls you and then send you confirmation e-mail. I believe in this case it's ok not to reply.

But if HR just sent you e-mail for an interview; you really want to confirm that meeting.
Sep 15, 2009
583 posts
182 upvotes
kulong wrote:
Jun 9th, 2011 7:56 pm
Hi RFDers,

I just got off the phone with the HR department of a potential employer. During the call they gave me information on the schedule of the interview day and the people I will be speaking to. The interview consists of talking to 1 director, 1 manager, and 2 other employees in a similar role at the company for 1 hour each, and the 1 hour session with the manager is over lunch.

The HR department sent me an email after the call with everyone that I will be talking to Cc'ed. My question is, should I reply to that email with a "Thank you for your consideration" etc, or should I not respond to it. If I should respond, should I reply just to the HR or should I reply to all those that are Cc'ed.

Thanks

I guess if you think they'll value your response then go ahead. If you were in their shoes, would you care if the potential new hire you never met sent you an e-mail thanking you for your consideration? I know I wouldn't. But then again, it might not hurt to respond. They may think you're a pleasant person, which could help you. Or they may assume you're an ***-kisser, which may or may not help you.
Aug 10, 2007
882 posts
9 upvotes
Something like "noted with thanks" should suffice.
[OP]
Aug 26, 2009
61 posts
2 upvotes
yabanjin wrote:
Jun 10th, 2011 12:53 am
I guess if you think they'll value your response then go ahead. If you were in their shoes, would you care if the potential new hire you never met sent you an e-mail thanking you for your consideration? I know I wouldn't. But then again, it might not hurt to respond. They may think you're a pleasant person, which could help you. Or they may assume you're an ***-kisser, which may or may not help you.

Yeah this is what I was worried about, dont want to come across as an ***-kisser.

I ended up just saying something like "looking forward to speak with everyone on the day of.
Sep 15, 2009
583 posts
182 upvotes
kulong wrote:
Jun 10th, 2011 2:01 pm
Yeah this is what I was worried about, dont want to come across as an ***-kisser.

I ended up just saying something like "looking forward to speak with everyone on the day of.

nice.
× < >