Parenting & Family

Should I stock up $6 Off Huggies Natural Care Wipes from costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2017 10:51 am
[OP]
Feb 14, 2016
795 posts
233 upvotes

Should I stock up $6 Off Huggies Natural Care Wipes from costco?

I heard Costco wipes are the best, so I was doing some research, and read some reviews saying that its ingredient changed and gave some rash to some babies

hence, I was looking at other brands, and came across this
$6 Off Huggies Natural Care Wipes from Costco, 1160 wipes for $20,49 after the discount

My baby is due in 4months, I was wondering if its worth it for me to stock up on this?>
10 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
2951 posts
165 upvotes
I would hold off, wipes go on sale quite often. I would buy a small pack and use it before the baby is born. You can get a feel for the texture, strength and if they are scented. Of course, after the baby is born, hopefully she/he isn't allergic to them.
Last edited by boonjaca on Mar 20th, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you a new parent and looking for freebies for your newborn, go here:
Freebies for your Newborn
Nov 25, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
The wipes will likely go on sale before your baby is born; they were just on sale last month. Since it's Costco, it doesn't hurt to stock up (if your baby gets a rash, you can return all the boxes you've bought).
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
13308 posts
3979 upvotes
We used the Huggies wipes (and some others) and found they were nowhere near as good as the Costco ones, so we just use the Costco ones. Almost everyone in the daycare room our soon is in uses Costco ones too from the looks of it.

I would suspect that the Costco wipes causing a rash is a rare occurrence and not what most people will experience. You are also believing someone when they say it was the wipe causing the rash rather than something else (such as not putting something on your child after changing them like vasoline, coconut oil, etc.).
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12298 posts
2560 upvotes
Ottawa
Stock up and use very generously.
Jan 14, 2017
43 posts
5 upvotes
Tried many different brands, the honest company wipes are the best!
Dec 30, 1969
826 posts
258 upvotes
We liked the Costco wipes (don't know about the formula change now). We like the buggies wipes second. However, when I had ,y second child, I started making my wipes, and it was the best thing ever. Cheaper too. My former nanny called me for my husband cope when she opened up her Dayhome.

I know this was about huggies wipes, but if I was to do everything over again, I would still make wipes, money not being the issue. I did buy one case of wipes from Costco when my second was born for travelling, and when we went out, and one case lasted me the whole time until she was a toddler.

If you want to Try making them it's pretty easY
BOUNTY paper towel select a size. Do NOT cheap out on the the paper towel, otherwise it will disintegrate
2 cups distilled water Boiled for 2 minutes or regular water boiled for 5 mins. I started with distilled, but them couldn't be bothered buying distilled water after the first jug.
1 table spoon baby oil
1 tablespoon baby shampoo
1 tablespoon baby lotion.

Boil water.
Put inaa sterilized jar with lid (I used a mason jar).
Add the other ingredients
Shake jar Stirring doesn't work as well

Cut paper towels In half (so it s the size of the toilet paper roll). Remove the inside cardboard
Put in a large ziplock bag (get a good bag)
Add the water solution.

If you want, you can make your own wipes holder which prevents it from drying out as fast. I used a large round ziplock contianer and cut an X at the top, the pulled the wipes through. Pull from the middle of the paper towels.

I calculated 0.017 cents a sheet at the time to make my wipes, and I liked the fact I could change the recipe around a bit with essential oils if needed.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos.
[OP]
Feb 14, 2016
795 posts
233 upvotes
Macx2mommy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 10:00 am
We liked the Costco wipes (don't know about the formula change now). We like the buggies wipes second. However, when I had ,y second child, I started making my wipes, and it was the best thing ever. Cheaper too. My former nanny called me for my husband cope when she opened up her Dayhome.

I know this was about huggies wipes, but if I was to do everything over again, I would still make wipes, money not being the issue. I did buy one case of wipes from Costco when my second was born for travelling, and when we went out, and one case lasted me the whole time until she was a toddler.

If you want to Try making them it's pretty easY
BOUNTY paper towel select a size. Do NOT cheap out on the the paper towel, otherwise it will disintegrate
2 cups distilled water Boiled for 2 minutes or regular water boiled for 5 mins. I started with distilled, but them couldn't be bothered buying distilled water after the first jug.
1 table spoon baby oil
1 tablespoon baby shampoo
1 tablespoon baby lotion.

Boil water.
Put inaa sterilized jar with lid (I used a mason jar).
Add the other ingredients
Shake jar Stirring doesn't work as well

Cut paper towels In half (so it s the size of the toilet paper roll). Remove the inside cardboard
Put in a large ziplock bag (get a good bag)
Add the water solution.

If you want, you can make your own wipes holder which prevents it from drying out as fast. I used a large round ziplock contianer and cut an X at the top, the pulled the wipes through. Pull from the middle of the paper towels.

I calculated 0.017 cents a sheet at the time to make my wipes, and I liked the fact I could change the recipe around a bit with essential oils if needed.
interesting, didn't know people make their own wipes; that sounds awesome,
how long do they maintain the moisture?

it sure looks appealing for non-chemical alternative,
Dec 30, 1969
826 posts
258 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 10:24 am
interesting, didn't know people make their own wipes; that sounds awesome,
how long do they maintain the moisture?

it sure looks appealing for non-chemical alternative,
I made them I. small batches because I didn't want chances with them going 'slimey'. I did it about once in a week or two(no quite two though). if I put them in a good bag and then in a container, they didn't dry out before I used them them up. I made one (half) roll at a time. I also would take some and and folder them flat (accordion style) and put them in a ziplock, and then I had one of those wipes cotoaners and refill it. Like I said, I usually only used the store bought when travelling or rushed.

Obviously, this doesn't work for those wipes warmers
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
14713 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
TrevorK wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 1:44 pm
We used the Huggies wipes (and some others) and found they were nowhere near as good as the Costco ones, so we just use the Costco ones. Almost everyone in the daycare room our soon is in uses Costco ones too from the looks of it.
Same experience with us. We've tried Pampers, then Kirkland, then Huggies Natural, then went back to Kirkland.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Mar 24, 2015
451 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Like Macx2mommy, made my own wipes and used the store bought for travelling. Did that until both my sons were around 1 yr old. Then I switched to the Costco Kirkland wipes and stocked up when they were on sale. My kids went to daycare so I had to supply wipes.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel