Fashion & Apparel

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2017 5:34 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4419 posts
723 upvotes

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

Post pictures of your new M2M suits!

How is the fit and feel? Comments of service and delivery time?

For those of you who have had these suits for 6+ months, how are they holding up? How often do you wear them?

M2M Retailers:

Maxwell: http://www.maxwellsclothiers.com/
Indochino: http://www.indochino.com/
IM-Label: http://im-label.com/
BMV Bespoke: http://bmvbespoke.com/
Empire Customs: http://www.empirecustoms.ca/

Links to Threads [to be updated]:
Indochino [styleforum]: Indochino Suits? - thanks Odd I/O
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
1837 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4914 posts
755 upvotes
Dildo
Exactly my kind of topic so thanks for starting it! I will definitely be posting pics if/when I do go through with that BMV Bespoke (or other) process I mentioned here. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3440 posts
384 upvotes
I have suits from both Indochino and IM-Label. I'll post pictures in a month or so when I'll actually have to start wearing suits everyday.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2761 posts
401 upvotes
I gave Modasuite a shot a while back, and I've received a few things from them including a suit.

Quality is top notch. Nothing else to really add here. :)

Customer Service - One word: amazing. They used to have a live chat, but they respond to emails within a day or two. If you even have the slightest problem with something, they do what they can to fix it, even if it means remaking the product, swapping it, etc.

Measurements - I had a problem with a pair of pants - was a mix between measurement and crafting. However they corrected it (plus some), and the new pants are great - so that is alright. They also offer a fit guarantee - you can take it to any tailor and get reimbursed up to $60 (I think) worth of alterations or you can have it remade if it'd be too much money or something.

Turnaround time - meh. I believe one of my suits took 6 weeks, but I ordered a shirt and it was 2.5 weeks (mtm). So, I guess it really depends on how busy they are. They're made it China, shipped to Montreal, then shipped to you.

Overall, pretty good experience for a completely online tailor. I'd recommend them to anybody. Also looking forward to reading other reviews!
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2055 posts
351 upvotes
c_snapper wrote:
Apr 13th, 2012 3:53 pm
for the record, MTM =/= Bespoke
+1

It is a completely different experience and there is maybe one true bespoke tailor in all of the GTA. All others are bastardizing the word "bespoke".
Jul 3, 2011
200 posts
23 upvotes
I recommend Spiros or Caruso Enrico, both on The Danforth..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4419 posts
723 upvotes
c_snapper wrote:
Apr 13th, 2012 3:53 pm
for the record, MTM =/= Bespoke

Not by a long shot.

GWK wrote:
Apr 13th, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks - focusing on the M2M variety here (unless those places to M2M as well - where they take your measurements and have some place in Asia do the work?)
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4419 posts
723 upvotes
nx6288 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2012 12:16 pm
I have suits from both Indochino and IM-Label. I'll post pictures in a month or so when I'll actually have to start wearing suits everyday.

Awesome - look forward to seeing them both
May 12, 2008
427 posts
14 upvotes
Since no one is posting up pictures here's a link to a Indochino thread that has some pictures. It's a long thread though so you may have to dig a bit.

Edit: The last couple of pages has some pictures.
May 12, 2008
427 posts
14 upvotes
GWK wrote:

Be warned that Spiros tends to be more traditional. Some may find his suits 'boxy'. If you want a fashion forward suit he's not your best bet.

Here's a thread about him with links to some pictures.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2197 posts
284 upvotes
GTA
GWK wrote:

I just had a suit made for me by Caruso's on the Danforth - I'm happy with the outcome and their service. They made the suit for me from scratch in house, it wasn't made overseas. They also have off the rack suits there too, I opted for a custom made though.

It's a small family run shop, been there forever, I was referred there by a colleague and it all turned out great. They are more expensive than the other places listed in this thread, but that's because they aren't paying 15 cents an hour for someone to make the suit in China. The old man there has been doing this for ~50 years, he told me stories of famous people he's made suits for, former Prime Ministers, basketball players etc. He's got some pictures up in the store with them, pretty cool.
Mar 28, 2010
842 posts
37 upvotes
Markham
I'll be posting my IM-Label suit when I get it. It would be useful to post the price you paid for your suit as well guys.
PSN - Meditech82
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
2761 posts
401 upvotes
yamahar6 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2012 9:42 pm
I'll be posting my IM-Label suit when I get it. It would be useful to post the price you paid for your suit as well guys.

Good idea. My suit (mentioned above) was ~$600, but I got it for a steal of a deal from the guys at Modasuite for $290 shipped.
Mar 28, 2010
842 posts
37 upvotes
Markham
Maybe we can include suits and shirts in the title as well?
PSN - Meditech82