Fashion & Apparel

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 5th, 2017 5:34 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1651 posts
383 upvotes
North York
If you don't have a good selection of suits already, you can get removeable tux lapels.
Temp. Banned
Apr 25, 2013
5830 posts
988 upvotes
12andy12 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2016 7:35 pm
Gonna be looking for a tuxedo for my wedding next year.. Anybody know how rental tuxedos fit?

Still debating whether to rent a tuxedo or buy one. I do not want to spend a crazy amount.
Buy, rental is now around $300. Most rental place sell new and used tux for very little money.
Try to get something classic that you can wear as a dinner jacket for other black tie social events like a Shawl collar tux instead of a peak lapel.
Temp. Banned
Apr 25, 2013
5830 posts
988 upvotes
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jun 5th, 2012 7:34 pm
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote:
Jun 4th, 2012 12:39 pm
On a slightly happier note, Indochino has shipped my complimentary second shirt and cufflinks. The shirt, if it's anything like my first shirt, should be perfect and need no adjustments.

I made that post yesterday. Guess what was waiting for me at the FedEx depot when I got home? That's right... my Indochino "Light Blue Essential Wrinkle-Free Shirt" and "Striped Shell Cufflinks".

Fastest shipping EVER.

My white "Ultimate Utility Shirt" is at the office so I can't compare the fit between it and this new light blue shirt, but they feel about the same. Look earlier in this thread for fit pics of the white shirt.

Photos below. The rest of the suit and all my ties are ALSO at the office, so I had to wear the light blue shirt with jeans. Sorry. :lol:

Damn, the friggin' abalone cufflinks were difficult as sin to photograph. They'll likely never see use, since I don't have shirts with French cuffs... oh well.

EDIT - Recall that I paid nothing for this shirt and cufflinks, which were a replacement for the Indochino accessories box (containing cufflinks, tie, tie clip, and pocket square) which was mistakenly never gifted to me at my local Traveling Tailor event. Big points to Indochino from me for that customer service move.

Is that the type of shirt Indochino is marketing as custom made ?
The front placket where the button holes are screams "mass produced rubbish"
A proper shirt should have the front placket folded in and then the button hole produced
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1461 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
spiermackay wrote:
Sep 5th, 2016 8:21 pm
I'm acutely aware of the ongoing CS issues. I'll personally be spending a lot more time at the DT location starting this week to oversee daily operations there. Simple issues like shirt transfers should not be an epic battle to get done. We have been chipping away and constantly training new online only CS staff to handle email inquires where previously these duties were carried out by the the regular CS staff. My #1 priority right now is to get CS corrected immediately.

I encourage anyone who is having any issues with CS to PM me directly. This will helps me to identity the problems and to get issues resolved quicker. It actually helps me improve our service.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick,

Ordered 3 custom shirts online August 13th. Status still in production. Turn around is supposed to be 4 to 6 weeks.

PM'd you over a week ago and haven't received a reply yet. Called and was told I'd get a call back by X time, which has passed.

I'll be moving to a new address on October 15th.
Please do what's necessary to communicate to me and deliver my order.

My Past purchases from you:
- 6 custom shirts
- 3 custom pants
- 1 custom full canvas suit
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2871 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Damn Rick better get on it, dude need his shirts...
Jul 23, 2012
330 posts
70 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Kursor17 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2016 1:52 pm
spiermackay wrote:
I'm acutely aware of the ongoing CS issues. I'll personally be spending a lot more time at the DT location starting this week to oversee daily operations there. Simple issues like shirt transfers should not be an epic battle to get done. We have been chipping away and constantly training new online only CS staff to handle email inquires where previously these duties were carried out by the the regular CS staff. My #1 priority right now is to get CS corrected immediately.

I encourage anyone who is having any issues with CS to PM me directly. This will helps me to identity the problems and to get issues resolved quicker. It actually helps me improve our service.

Thanks,
Rick
Rick,

Ordered 3 custom shirts online August 13th. Status still in production. Turn around is supposed to be 4 to 6 weeks.

PM'd you over a week ago and haven't received a reply yet. Called and was told I'd get a call back by X time, which has passed.

- 6 custom shirts
- 3 custom pants
Can you PM the order number again. I don't see anything in my inbox.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1461 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
spiermackay wrote:
Oct 6th, 2016 7:58 am
Kursor17 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2016 1:52 pm
spiermackay wrote:

Thanks,
Rick
Rick,

- 6 custom shirts
- 3 custom pants
Can you PM the order number again. I don't see anything in my inbox.
Fwd you the PM just now and CC'd myself.
Nov 30, 2014
48 posts
7 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I will be needing a wedding tuxedo in April 2017. Does anybody know when the best time to buy a custom suit is? Will stores be having black friday or boxing day sales?

I also see groupons for custom suits but I am a little sceptical of those places.
May 6, 2005
868 posts
13 upvotes
So I just a mostly good experience with Suit Supply. Went to the Toronto yorkville location and purchased two suits: 1 Athletic in blue and 1 Sienna in Charcol Grey. Still need to get them altered, but the sales guy was great, took his time and we went through a ton of suits to try on. Now I also tried on a number of shirts. My biggest issue is that I want confidence to know that the sizes are consistent and that if I order something online, I'm not wasting my time. Got two shirts, both in slim fit with 16.5 neck and regular fit. Dark grey one fit fine and the plain white one was super tight...again, both are listed as the same size. Need to go return one, but means I can't order online without knowing if they will fit with 100% confidence.
Apr 17, 2013
780 posts
103 upvotes
Markham
huskylord wrote:
Oct 13th, 2016 4:49 pm
So I just a mostly good experience with Suit Supply. Went to the Toronto yorkville location and purchased two suits: 1 Athletic in blue and 1 Sienna in Charcol Grey. Still need to get them altered, but the sales guy was great, took his time and we went through a ton of suits to try on. Now I also tried on a number of shirts. My biggest issue is that I want confidence to know that the sizes are consistent and that if I order something online, I'm not wasting my time. Got two shirts, both in slim fit with 16.5 neck and regular fit. Dark grey one fit fine and the plain white one was super tight...again, both are listed as the same size. Need to go return one, but means I can't order online without knowing if they will fit with 100% confidence.
I`ve heard of their sizing being inconsistent. Good thing is, dress shirts are available from all over.

The suit I posted, I`m a 34R. I`m normally a 36R or 38R depending. How the hell can I be 34R is beyond me
PSN - Meditech82
Jan 23, 2008
19 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
As most RFD members recommended, went to SuitSupply but their sizing didn't work for me. 36S was still big on me.
I've bought TopMan in the past, of which skinny 36/36S fits me well. However, I am not a fan of their material as it's a little thick.

What other place do you recommend?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1651 posts
383 upvotes
North York
SS didnt have another size that fit you? You can try Spier and Mackay slim fit.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4299 posts
496 upvotes
E.eng12 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 1:40 pm
As most RFD members recommended, went to SuitSupply but their sizing didn't work for me. 36S was still big on me.
I've bought TopMan in the past, of which skinny 36/36S fits me well. However, I am not a fan of their material as it's a little thick.

What other place do you recommend?

Thanks.
Try Shortman Brown. Or do some lifting.