Fashion & Apparel

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 11:29 am
Tags:
Oct 28, 2012
42 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
joep wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 9:52 am
Does anyone have experience with the travelling tailors from Apsley / Maxwell?
Have tried them and would not recommend at all. The first suit and the pants were cut so slim I couldn't get them on. They sent a remake and it was so baggy it looked like wearing a garbage bag. Waiting for a third remake now.

Have used a bunch of other tailors, traveling and local and would highly recommend Spiros tailor on the Danforth if you're in GTA. More expensive than indochino but you'll get an excellent suit and the person doing the measurements and fittings is the one overseeing the cutting.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1054 posts
453 upvotes
Hey guys from GVA. Looking to get a custom made bespoke suit but overwhelmed by all the info on where to go. A lot of the info is outdated too. I had an indochino suit made but the fitting just doesn't feel right and I had many alterations so not gonna go that route or MTM. I'm a pretty small guy so that's probably why. Willing to spend up to $3000 if that helps, but definitely don't want to spend that high unless it's justified.
Current Fido customer. Great to be a Fido Customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1054 posts
453 upvotes
I wouldn't mind that if the fit and quality is worth it. Any recommended place in GVA?
Current Fido customer. Great to be a Fido Customer.
Dec 9, 2006
832 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
whirlwinds wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 9:57 pm
Have tried them and would not recommend at all. The first suit and the pants were cut so slim I couldn't get them on. They sent a remake and it was so baggy it looked like wearing a garbage bag. Waiting for a third remake now.

Have used a bunch of other tailors, traveling and local and would highly recommend Spiros tailor on the Danforth if you're in GTA. More expensive than indochino but you'll get an excellent suit and the person doing the measurements and fittings is the one overseeing the cutting.
Thank you sir, I did a little more research afterwards and found too many horror stories about them. Will probably stick to the local businesses. Do you mind letting us know around how much does Spiros charge?
Mar 8, 2017
4 posts
Hi.

I need some advice. I am looking at buying a suit for my wedding and I have narrowed it down to four options, in two price brackets

Bracket one
is a Samuelson OTR vs a Monro m2m both are roughly $1,300

Bracket two
Is a Samuelson m2m vs a bespoke from Trend Custom Tailors, these two are approx $1,900
2)
Mar 9, 2014
586 posts
203 upvotes
Ottawa
You could do a bit better on the Samuelson M2M if you can wait for a sale. I picked up a few in Jan and got them in 5 weeks.
Torontoguy17 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 9:30 pm
Hi.

I need some advice. I am looking at buying a suit for my wedding and I have narrowed it down to four options, in two price brackets

Bracket one
is a Samuelson OTR vs a Monro m2m both are roughly $1,300

Bracket two
Is a Samuelson m2m vs a bespoke from Trend Custom Tailors, these two are approx $1,900
2)
Mar 8, 2017
4 posts
I was told that the sale is only in Jan and I need something by the fall. They are really pushing the menro at Harry Rosen but I am not sure about the half canvas.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7004 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
Might as well go full canvas.
Torontoguy17 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 9:38 pm
I was told that the sale is only in Jan and I need something by the fall. They are really pushing the menro at Harry Rosen but I am not sure about the half canvas.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 9, 2014
586 posts
203 upvotes
Ottawa
Torontoguy17 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 9:48 pm
Yeah, I guess the question is which one? The otr, the m2m or the bispoke.
I think the sale runs twice a year. I've found the best value in the Samuelsohn MTM, but thats because i've good a good relationship with HR and they get the fit just right for me. The tough part is any product can be excellent if the person taking measurements knows their stuff.

In theory I would have said Bespoke is the way to go since every proportion, panel, inside and outside is measured and then hand sewn to ensure that the fit is perfect, but I have no idea how good Trend custom tailors is.

Also at these price points, full canvas or bust.
Mar 8, 2017
4 posts
Thanks for the advise. Trend custom tailors has some good reviews in this thread, as well as others. But I am probably going to go with the Samuelson m2m at HR. I trust them to do it right, plus the lifetime alterations is a big plus.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
1944 posts
897 upvotes
Vancouver
Little OT, but is there any way to just let out the back? I bought a slim-fit sportscoat from S&M. Shoulders, chest, and waist from front look great, but I have a bit of a bubble bit and therefore the double vent is sticking out like a butt flap. (I usually like center vent because of this). Or is the only way to let out the entire waist?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
1607 posts
235 upvotes
Milton, Ontario
Hello, my uncle is looking for m2m suit for a wedding, I'm guessing nothing expensive, under $1k.
He can't find anything in store as he has small lower body and big belly :)
I got my suit from IM-Label years ago but I think they're out of business now.

Who could you recommend in GTA area ?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1594 posts
360 upvotes
North York
toyopl wrote:
Mar 27th, 2017 9:56 am
Hello, my uncle is looking for m2m suit for a wedding, I'm guessing nothing expensive, under $1k.
He can't find anything in store as he has small lower body and big belly :)
I got my suit from IM-Label years ago but I think they're out of business now.

Who could you recommend in GTA area ?
King and Rook
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel