Fashion & Apparel

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 2:26 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4325 posts
513 upvotes
superock wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 4:08 pm
How much did the Samuelsohn MTM at HR cost if you don't mind me asking? Looking to get a MTM suit done for my wedding and would prefer Canadian made rather than something shipped from China.
What's your budget?
Mar 9, 2014
619 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
mebiuspower wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 9:11 pm
Can't even get Coppley with that budget.
If you time it right you can do Samuelsohn MTM at that price point. They have 2 sales a year with the Jan/Feb one being the better value. I squeeze a suit or two when I can and I find its 1300-1600 all in.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4325 posts
513 upvotes
bobbyz101 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 9:19 pm
If you time it right you can do Samuelsohn MTM at that price point. They have 2 sales a year with the Jan/Feb one being the better value. I squeeze a suit or two when I can and I find its 1300-1600 all in.
The MTM promo I got last year was just a free MTM shirt.
Mar 9, 2014
619 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
mebiuspower wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 7:08 am
The MTM promo I got last year was just a free MTM shirt.
This winter it was prices starting at

$895 for Coppley
$1095 for Samuelsohn
$215 for custom shirts.
and $100 off the second suit

At a local Ottawa shop it was a similar sale on Samuelsohn but it didn't have a discount on the second suit.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1356 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
mebiuspower wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 9:11 pm
Can't even get Coppley with that budget.
bobbyz101 wrote:
Jun 6th, 2017 9:19 pm
I have until June of next year to get a suit, any particular sales I should keep an eye out for?
I take pictures of stuff ; flickr
Mar 9, 2014
619 posts
225 upvotes
Ottawa
superock wrote:
Jun 7th, 2017 8:18 am
I have until June of next year to get a suit, any particular sales I should keep an eye out for?
Jan sale at HR is when I got mine at those prices. Its supposed to be the better sale they have for MTM
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1084 posts
42 upvotes
anyone got recommendation for most economical MTM trousers? off the racks usually either give me wedgies when slim fit, or looking too oversized when going classic.

Suitsupply's $260 a pair is a bit beyond my budget (is just north of $100 a pair unrealistic?). I just want something that fits comfortably, and doesn't need the fanciest fabrics or tailoring.

thanks!
Jan 23, 2008
19 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I get emails from them all the time. They keep changing it up.
Sometime ago I got a promo for 5 pants and 5 shirts etc.

Coincidence or your luck. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1084 posts
42 upvotes
What sort of fits are these pants (slim / classic / etc.) on indochino? Can I actually choose?
It won't let me get to the measurement page without having to pay first. And the customization page doesn't say. What a bugger.
Apr 1, 2012
18 posts
18 upvotes
MARKHAM
While this is an off-the-rack option, they have both "slim fit" and "contemporary fit" available for under $100 each (when on sale).
Free shipping over $100 and free domestic (Canadian) returns and exchanges too.

I find that Spier and MacKay offers excellent quality for their respective price point (ie. good bang-for-the-buck) for almost everything in their line (ie. suits, sportcoats, trousers, off-the-rack and made-to-measure shirts, etc.).

http://www.spierandmackay.com/trousers
manho wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 12:34 pm
anyone got recommendation for most economical MTM trousers? off the racks usually either give me wedgies when slim fit, or looking too oversized when going classic.

Suitsupply's $260 a pair is a bit beyond my budget (is just north of $100 a pair unrealistic?). I just want something that fits comfortably, and doesn't need the fanciest fabrics or tailoring.

thanks!
Jan 23, 2008
19 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
manho wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 5:13 pm
What sort of fits are these pants (slim / classic / etc.) on indochino? Can I actually choose?
It won't let me get to the measurement page without having to pay first. And the customization page doesn't say. What a bugger.
Might have to set up your profile first with measurements, not sure. Best to go into a store, get your measurements done by them which will set up your profile. You don't have to buy something to get measurements done and set up a profile.
Once the profile is set, you can buy online/in store.