Fashion & Apparel

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 6:28 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2754 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
manho wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 12:34 pm
anyone got recommendation for most economical MTM trousers? off the racks usually either give me wedgies when slim fit, or looking too oversized when going classic.

Suitsupply's $260 a pair is a bit beyond my budget (is just north of $100 a pair unrealistic?). I just want something that fits comfortably, and doesn't need the fanciest fabrics or tailoring.

thanks!
I have big thighs for my size, so maybe we are similar?

Spier and Mackay -
I went in and tried, their slim was way too slim, and classic still too slim for me.

RW and Co has an athletic fit which is decent.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1681 posts
394 upvotes
North York
RW&Co is garbage quality. Can't even compare to S&M. Try Suit Supply? Or if you can't fit off the rack at S&M or Suit Supply, you just might want to consider Made To Measure. I go to King and Rook for MTM. Starts at around $750 or so.
Apr 17, 2013
784 posts
101 upvotes
Markham
Original Poster should remove I-M Label. Ppl shop at empire customs?
PSN - Meditech82
Nov 25, 2007
728 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone can comment the fit difference between off the rack Spier & Mackay vs Suit Supply? I tried S&M off the rack, 38 contemporary fit best but the shoulders aren't 100% right. Wondering if I should make the trip to Suit Supply
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4351 posts
523 upvotes
^Shoulders are pretty much the most important part you want to get right buying OTR... if they're off then it's going to cost you big $ to fix by a tailor if you got a good tailor.

Check out Suit Supply for sure if S&M shoulders don't fit right.
Oct 3, 2006
177 posts
10 upvotes
North York
Mansech wrote:
Jul 24th, 2017 12:53 pm
Anyone can comment the fit difference between off the rack Spier & Mackay vs Suit Supply? I tried S&M off the rack, 38 contemporary fit best but the shoulders aren't 100% right. Wondering if I should make the trip to Suit Supply
Hard to comment on the general difference as there are many different fits for Suit Supply but do definitely check out both places.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4351 posts
523 upvotes
cloud82 wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:16 pm
What's your definition of "MTM"?
When they measure you when you buy your suit.
Oct 3, 2006
177 posts
10 upvotes
North York
mebiuspower wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 8:42 pm
When they measure you when you buy your suit.
Then S&M does have the "MTM" as well?
(Definitely not bespoke but if Indochino is MTM, S&M definitely would be as well)
Aug 15, 2017
46 posts
7 upvotes
hdave wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 4:13 pm
Not in VCR, but tailorstore does this.

I had a good experience with them for a shirt order.
No hassle remake.
Got charged by DHL, DHL was a pain to deal with, but tailorstore took care of it.
You just made my day! I have never heard of Tailorstore and after browsing their site, they make jackets too??? Thank you!
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2007
2754 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
TheSpandexSuplex wrote:
Aug 27th, 2017 3:27 pm
You just made my day! I have never heard of Tailorstore and after browsing their site, they make jackets too??? Thank you!
go to youtube, search for real men real style
he has a recent video about dress shirts with a big discount code.
i think 40% off for first purchase, and 20% off for repeat customers.

good luck!
Aug 29, 2009
346 posts
16 upvotes
Kitchener
Anyone know what happened to King and Rook, they aren't answering calls. I was a long time customer (before King and Rook) and I hope they are still around. Their custom fit for me is the best out of the other MTM stores.
Mar 9, 2014
633 posts
232 upvotes
Ottawa
Anyone know of a reasonably priced (S&M range) MTM place in Ottawa? Getting tired of going to GTA or Montreal for clothes.