Fashion & Apparel

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 6:28 am
Tags:
Aug 9, 2006
346 posts
22 upvotes
coolgod wrote:
Sep 15th, 2017 12:05 pm
Anyone know what happened to King and Rook, they aren't answering calls. I was a long time customer (before King and Rook) and I hope they are still around. Their custom fit for me is the best out of the other MTM stores.
You ever hear back?
Aug 29, 2009
344 posts
15 upvotes
Kitchener
Went to check their store, didn't look like anyone was there. Maybe they are out of business again? Damn shame
Nov 13, 2016
49 posts
7 upvotes
I purchased a MTM 3 piece suit and shirt from IM Label years ago and I still wear it. Now im in the market of new MTM shirts, any recommendations?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1670 posts
392 upvotes
North York
FightCanada wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 10:34 pm
You ever hear back?
coolgod wrote:
Sep 27th, 2017 10:55 pm
Went to check their store, didn't look like anyone was there. Maybe they are out of business again? Damn shame
It's to my understanding that Kevin who led the King & Rook team left the company. He might be starting something new by himself soon.
Aug 9, 2006
346 posts
22 upvotes
thericyip wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 6:23 pm
It's to my understanding that Kevin who led the King & Rook team left the company. He might be starting something new by himself soon.
Seems odd. Moderation. King and rook and then...
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1670 posts
392 upvotes
North York
FightCanada wrote:
Sep 29th, 2017 10:53 pm
Seems odd. Moderation. King and rook and then...
I think out of everything, the customer service has been top notch with Kevin. Prices and quality were pretty good too. Hopefully he finally gets what he wants out of his next venture.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1624 posts
817 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Going to be in Toronto for 6 weeks and would like to get a suit if possible during this timeframe. Do you guys think it's possible to get a MTM or bespoke in 6 weeks time and where?
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer. Beware of their tactics.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2873 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure there is bespoke in Toronto much less having a turn around time of 6 weeks
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
FIRST POST

Updated pictures. This suit is from Empire International Tailors in HK. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was done in the afternoon. Picked up the suit three days later. At the time, did not know what to look for in a good fitting suit.

Had the suit and shirt pressed, so any wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:
ImageImageImageImage

Trouser while seated pic:

Suit pics:
ImageImageImageImage

Fit feedback welcome! Please tear into every little detail if you will.
Last edited by souledge on Oct 27th, 2017 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
SECOND POST

Updated pictures. This suit is from Simpson Sin Tailor in HK. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was done in the afternoon. Picked up the suit three days later. At the time, did not know what to look for in a good fitting suit.

Had the suit and shirt pressed, so any wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:
ImageImageImageImage

Trouser while seated pic:

Suit pics:
ImageImageImageImage

Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I'm no expert on men's suits, but this suit jacket (suit number one) looks too small/tight.

Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1670 posts
392 upvotes
North York
Those trousers look really tight when you're sitting down.
Shirt is really off... looks like there's excess material in various places.

On a separate note, those shoes are awful. Go get some oxfords.
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Lol, everyone's been ragging on the shoes. Noted.
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
ASCOT CHANG SUIT

This suit is from Ascot Chang, IFC Mall location. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was 4 days later, with a full basted jacket (instead of half sleeves like at other places). Suit was received 5 weeks after order through the post.

Had the suit pressed, so any suit wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Shirt was laundered at home and dried in the machine, but no ironing was done. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth and sixth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:
ImageImageImageImage

Trouser while seated pics:
ImageImage

Suit pics:
ImageImageImageImage