Fashion & Apparel

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 2:26 am
Tags:
Nov 1, 2017
5 posts
Found these guys a little bit to the side in Woodbridge. If you are able to go to the area I would def recommend to try them out. Tried some shirts and now did a suit. What do you guys think?

Ethereal Customs in Woodbridge
Images
  • 20171102_135009.jpg
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Kevin88liu wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:16 pm
Found these guys a little bit to the side in Woodbridge. If you are able to go to the area I would def recommend to try them out. Tried some shirts and now did a suit. What do you guys think?

Looks very clean! Are they a bespoke or MTM place?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11019 posts
1520 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Kevin88liu wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:16 pm

I don't think it looks good (stiff, boxy, and short?), especially with those light-coloured buttons...
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11019 posts
1520 upvotes
City of Vancouver
souledge wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:32 am
ASCOT CHANG SUIT

This suit is from Ascot Chang, IFC Mall location. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was 4 days later, with a full basted jacket (instead of half sleeves like at other places). Suit was received 5 weeks after order through the post.

Had the suit pressed, so any suit wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Shirt was laundered at home and dried in the machine, but no ironing was done. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth and sixth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up...
This ensemble looks wayyyyyy better fitting than your previous ones.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Nov 1, 2017
5 posts
thericyip wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 7:02 pm
How much did you pay?
I paid $449 for suit and $59 for dress shirt . I got total of 1 suit and 3 shirts , Just ordered topcoat last week so can't say anything about topcoat yet .
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1669 posts
390 upvotes
North York
souledge wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:32 am
ASCOT CHANG SUIT

This suit is from Ascot Chang, IFC Mall location. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was 4 days later, with a full basted jacket (instead of half sleeves like at other places). Suit was received 5 weeks after order through the post.

Had the suit pressed, so any suit wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Shirt was laundered at home and dried in the machine, but no ironing was done. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth and sixth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Fit feedback welcome! Please tear into every little detail if you will.
Your pants are still too tight. Look at the bunching just underneath your buttocks.
Jacket sleeves are again too long.
The horizontal lines just beneath the back of your neck shows that the jacket was made poorly for your stance.

Hard to believe all these suits you're getting are bespoke.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4326 posts
514 upvotes
thericyip wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 12:15 am
Highly doubt they are.
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
That's the nature of HK quick tailoring. Lesson learned.
Nov 18, 2016
14 posts
2 upvotes
I have a couple of questions for those dropping >$1000 at HR: how many of these suits do you own? How often do you wear them? How many suits are in your regular rotation generally?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4326 posts
514 upvotes
jbrian wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 1:49 pm
I have a couple of questions for those dropping >$1000 at HR: how many of these suits do you own? How often do you wear them? How many suits are in your regular rotation generally?

Thanks!
Handful times a year.
Jun 7, 2009
228 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
thericyip wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 12:15 am
Your pants are still too tight. Look at the bunching just underneath your buttocks.
Jacket sleeves are again too long.
The horizontal lines just beneath the back of your neck shows that the jacket was made poorly for your stance.

I'd probably classify them as customized MTM with immediate local tailor feedback, if you're local. Fitter + Cutter could be the same person if you're lucky. In my case, it was not.