Fashion & Beauty

SHOW US your M2M 'bespoke' SUIT Thread ... Maxwell, Indochino, IM-label, Empire, etc.

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2018 7:38 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
Wow, very quick responses by all. :)

Along with some of the various issues the other gents here have identified, the chest does look a bit loose/big. Your arm that's holding your cameraphone, the bicep looks like it's pushing against the chest and pushing the chest outward. It's as if you could stick your whole fist under your jacket in that area.

Definitely take it to a tailor who will be able to see you from all angles. Indochino warned me to get an assessment on whether the tailor will be able to correct everything BEFORE actually doing the work and paying for the work. Then, if the tailor deems that your suit is grossly "unfixable", you have just cause for applying for a remake.

Since you received the suit yesterday and Indochino allows something like 14 days (or was it 7?) after receiving to apply for a remake, definitely take action sooner than later.

Best wishes, and keep us updated with your progress.
Jan 28, 2012
447 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks all.
I just came back from the tailor. She said she will remove the shoulder pads, tigthen the shoulder width, take in a bit around the armpits area (which will tighten the back and chest a bit) and shorten the sleeves for $100. Taking in the waist of the pants will cost around $20. If I get the $75 from Indochino, I will pay $45 out of pocket. Should I apply for a remake then? I think for the remake, I have to pay for shipping of the suits back to Indochino. Not sure how much it will cost for shipping ($30-$40??).

CanadaGoose, how much did you pay to ship the suit back?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
That is some extensive modification that the tailor prescribed to you. I think it's great you managed to get a price estimate for the tailoring.

At this point I would e-mail Indochino (http://www.indochino.com/help/contact) and explain to them exactly what you told us. When I was filling out that contact form regarding my remake inquiry, I even linked the photos of my ill-fitting jacket, so that is a nice option to consider to help make your case stronger with the company. I believe their response time is 24 hours and this speed is important considering you have fourteen days to decide to apply for a remake.

I honestly don't know the cost of shipping ill-fitting garments back to them because I can't find the relevant information on their website. I was lucky in that I ordered my suit when their Traveling Tailor came to my town for a few days and then set up a temporary Concierge Office in the following weeks so I was able to speak face-to-face with Indochino employees who inspected how my ill-fitting suit looked on me. I still paid nothing for all of this personal consultation and I left the ill-fitting jacket with them at this office to bring back with them. In less than three weeks after I got the ball rolling with them, I got a new jacket in the mail that fit me substantially better and that's the one I kept.

All in all, either due to Indochino's goal for excellent customer support or due to my luck that they were in town, I paid nothing beyond the $379 + tax (base price of the suit) and received all of this extra service.
Jan 28, 2012
447 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks. I will look into that. I have less than 14 days to take care of this. It said that 14 days from the date the garments are shipped. The garments were shipped on Sept 28 and I got them yesterday.

Normally, I wouldn't buy suits online. There was a coupon a few weeks ago and I took advantage of it.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4518 posts
581 upvotes
I don't know how you guys have the patience for Indochino ... almost everyone here who got their suits needs several minor to major alterations it's almost not worth the cost saving... it's either you measure yourself wrong or got a friend who measured it wrong for you. It's simply PITA and IMO not real M2M, more like OTR if you ask me.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
761 upvotes
Dildo
That's correct. You're taking action more rapidly than I did, so I have faith it will work out for you. I kinda lingered a few days but managed to complete everything necessary.

Do you have the website link for the coupon? I'm guessing it was one of those daily deals for Toronto so that's likely why I missed it. I'd like to get another Indochino suit since my profile/measurements are set up with them just fine now, but not without some kind of special deal and I'm always on the lookout. :)

For mebiuspower, I probably wouldn't have gone with Indochino had they not come to my town. So for me, it was a made-to-measure experience. But yes, pain in the neck, but I was in no rush for a suit so time wasn't too much of an issue for me.
Jan 28, 2012
447 posts
36 upvotes
It was a deal to get a $379 suit, $99 shirt and a $49 tie. All I paid was $319 all in. I thought it was a deal too good to pass up.

The deal is over now but they normally have deals once every few months. I found out about the deal on styleforum.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1403 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Hello ladies!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2lnuuj4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/123ocig.jpg[/IMG]

I also cashed in on the $320 DailyHookup Indochino groupbuy. Here's what I got, fresh out of the box:

- Essential Charcoal suit (BTW, thanks to CGFA for recommending this over black)
- Ultimate Utility Shirt (white)
- Purple Silk Knit Tie

It fits great. Better than anything else in my whole life.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2002
1943 posts
75 upvotes
quanta wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 7:53 pm
Hello ladies!

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2lnuuj4.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/123ocig.jpg[/IMG]

I also cashed in on the $320 DailyHookup Indochino groupbuy. Here's what I got, fresh out of the box:

- Essential Charcoal suit (BTW, thanks to CGFA for recommending this over black)
- Ultimate Utility Shirt (white)
- Purple Silk Knit Tie

It fits great. Better than anything else in my whole life.
IMO the back looks off. Perhaps sleeve pitch issue? (you can see it from the back pic) same for the pants.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1403 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
siriuskao wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 10:05 pm
IMO the back looks off. Perhaps sleeve pitch issue? (you can see it from the back pic) same for the pants.
Good point, so I put it back on and did a quick check - problem seems to have gone away. I was standing ramrod straight in the pictures and that may be where the wrinkling comes from. When "at ease", it looks smooth. I'd make a terrible model.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7140 posts
997 upvotes
are there any places in Toronto that cater to the $1k-2k range? ive got 2 suits in the 800-1k range already but theyre pretty boring black and charcoal grey. I wanna get a navy business look and something for fun events, but 1 at a time. Ive looked around and found the blogto list of bespoke tailors. Anyone have experiences at Garrison or Trend Tailors?
Jan 28, 2012
447 posts
36 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 10:54 pm
are there any places in Toronto that cater to the $1k-2k range? ive got 2 suits in the 800-1k range already but theyre pretty boring black and charcoal grey. I wanna get a navy business look and something for fun events, but 1 at a time. Ive looked around and found the blogto list of bespoke tailors. Anyone have experiences at Garrison or Trend Tailors?
I heard good things about Trend. I actually spoke with them once. Last time they quote me $1.7k - $2.2k, depending on material/fabrics. You can make an appointment and visit them.
I would like to try a bespoke tailor at least once.

Is Garrison formely known as 5th on King?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7140 posts
997 upvotes
zinc5212 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2012 11:08 pm
I heard good things about Trend. I actually spoke with them once. Last time they quote me $1.7k - $2.2k, depending on material/fabrics. You can make an appointment and visit them.
I would like to try a bespoke tailor at least once.

Is Garrison formely known as 5th on King?
i googled 5th on king and got this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0inbLTWBLcw

im at work so i cant see it but it looks nothing like garrison? at least from the website.