[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
567 posts
324 upvotes

[Showcase] Showcase - Cedar Wood BBQ Scraper - $5

https://ca.shopatshowcase.com/products/ ... n=DC100218

Sale Price $5
Regular price $19.99

Doesn't appear to be limited to online orders so if you can find a store and pick it up that would be ideal, or spend more then $40 and to get free shipping. I have a similar version I picked up from Costco, but I think the Costco one is probably larger.

Not sure if you need to be an 'Insider' in order to get the deal, but easy enough to sign up:

https://ca.shopatshowcase.com/pages/bec ... n=DC100218

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 9.54.52 AM.png
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2111 posts
373 upvotes
Burlington
RFD way: Go to HomeDepot and pick a 2x4 cedar from the scrap bin. It will last you for life.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
1749 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
Just bought 2 from the Calgary downtown location. You have to be part of their "insiders" program to get the deal.
They're not as nice as the Costco ones currently on clearance for $15, but I can't imagine they're any less functional.
Feb 26, 2008
385 posts
304 upvotes
Surrey
I have the one from Costco. You still can't beat a wire brush. I won't say that this complete junk but if you use it in conjunction with a wire brush it works well. If you're afraid of the wires getting onto the grill, then use this after you scrub to clear it.

I've used it by itself and i can say it isn't that effective until you use it a lot and it has had time to wear into the grooves. Even then, it takes a bit of time to get the grooves to form. Fire has it right, go to Home Depot and grab something from the scrap bin.
Feb 13, 2004
664 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver
So far I haven't found anything that beats a wire brush. I dont think a wood bbq scraper would work on my weber q. I am currently using the grill mate pro plastic bristles I got from costco and its not bad, but just not as good as a wire.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5358 posts
1549 upvotes
Space
Heat the grill and scrape with crinkled aluminum foil. It works just as well and no bristles in your throat.

Twism wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 1:19 pm
So far I haven't found anything that beats a wire brush. I dont think a wood bbq scraper would work on my weber q. I am currently using the grill mate pro plastic bristles I got from costco and its not bad, but just not as good as a wire.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
2993 posts
2101 upvotes
The NORTH
My wife got me an abrasive rock (looks like a lava rock) and it works amazing.

Similar to this.