• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 4:05 am
Tags:
[OP]
Oct 2, 2007
38 posts
3 upvotes

Shower arm loose

I was just changing a small cartridge (vitamin C) on my filter and when I tried to tighten it up again I noticed my shower head isn't lined up properly. Its a dual head model with one head on an extension cord. If its not lined up then the showerhead on the extension cord will fall down. I also noticed the showerarm was loose and when I tried to tighten the shower filter the shower arm turned with the shower filter.
Should I be concerned with the loose shower arm (no leaks that I can see so far) ?
Thanks
8 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 19, 2009
2556 posts
922 upvotes
Why don't you just tighten up the shower arm another revolution?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1838 posts
760 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
UnivofNB wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 2:55 pm
I was just changing a small cartridge (vitamin C) on my filter and when I tried to tighten it up again I noticed my shower head isn't lined up properly. Its a dual head model with one head on an extension cord. If its not lined up then the showerhead on the extension cord will fall down. I also noticed the showerarm was loose and when I tried to tighten the shower filter the shower arm turned with the shower filter.
Should I be concerned with the loose shower arm (no leaks that I can see so far) ?
Thanks
Yes, you should be concerned about a loose shower arm. It could be leaking a few drips into the wall cavity every time you shower, and over time it will cause mould and rot.
Question; why do you have a vitamin C cartridge on your shower head?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
1812 posts
715 upvotes
GTA
MrFrugal1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 7:21 pm
Yes, you should be concerned about a loose shower arm. It could be leaking a few drips into the wall cavity every time you shower, and over time it will cause mould and rot.
Question; why do you have a vitamin C cartridge on your shower head?
OP likes hot showers - Vitamin C is to prevent shower from catching cold resulting unexpected "cold showers". And who said shower heads don't have headaches? Vitamin C is to prevent all this.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4404 posts
789 upvotes
Kitchener
The shower head arm would be screwed in to this fitting behind the wall
dbtr107_2ff_lg.jpg
Sometimes the fitting screws break or strip the wood causing loose shower arm.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
1838 posts
760 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Drthorne wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:22 pm
The shower head arm would be screwed in to this fitting behind the wall
dbtr107_2ff_lg.jpg

Sometimes the fitting screws break or strip the wood causing loose shower arm.
Ya, the screw broke in that picture because the idiot installer used a drywall screws...
[OP]
Oct 2, 2007
38 posts
3 upvotes
Vitamin C is supposed to remove the Chlorine/Chloramines...
I'll probably have to hire a plumber to check/fix the problem behind the wall (remount the pipe onto the board)...and/or get a snake video camera to check for leaks behind the wall.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
4404 posts
789 upvotes
Kitchener
I've seen roofing nails used before, so drywall screws are a step up
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13665 posts
3416 upvotes
Toronto
UnivofNB wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 10:34 am
Vitamin C is supposed to remove the Chlorine/Chloramines...
I've never heard of that one, typically chlorine is removed with activated charcoal
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts