• Aug 4th, 2010 10:36 pm
Tags:
None
May 28, 2009
5 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Showing Contract Jobs on Resume

I have worked in a few different contract jobs - 2 months here, 6 months there, etc. - for the last 2 years.

There isn't enough space on my Resume to show each contract position individually. Just wondering - is it acceptable to combine all the contract positions into a single position on my Resume? For example:

2008 - Present
Contract Positions
Various Companies

And then list below this heading a summary of the tasks I performed during this 2-year period.

Thanks so much for any help or suggestions! :-)
2 replies
Apr 19, 2010
66 posts
Ottawa
musicnut wrote: I have worked in a few different contract jobs - 2 months here, 6 months there, etc. - for the last 2 years.

There isn't enough space on my Resume to show each contract position individually. Just wondering - is it acceptable to combine all the contract positions into a single position on my Resume? For example:

2008 - Present
Contract Positions
Various Companies

And then list below this heading a summary of the tasks I performed during this 2-year period.

Thanks so much for any help or suggestions! :-)
Ive worked 6 years on contract in the government and I have 2 pages on my resume, it is impossible to list all yours jobs as a contract worker... What I would suggest is list the most important ones and recent ones, the ones you did a few years back won't really count anyway
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
Did you work these contract positions through an agency? If you did, you can just list the agency as the employer (since they would be) rather than having to think about listing each individual position.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)