Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2007
1983 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener

Pink Insulation vs Quiet Zone? Is there a difference

Hey, as the tile says. I'm looking for some help in trying to determine whether there is any difference between regular pink insulation and the quiet zone pink insulation in terms of sound absorbtion. I'm finishing my basement and am looking for whether there is a difference. at this point the only thing that I have read is that the sound and Safe is better. My contractor has said that roxul is better but that quiet zone is the same as pink insulation.

Based on what I have read it seems that the only difference between the pink regular insulation and the Quiet Zone is that the Quiet Zone has a paper backing. It doesn't seem densier or heavier.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks
1 reply
Feb 23, 2009
284 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
peelhic wrote: Hey, as the tile says. I'm looking for some help in trying to determine whether there is any difference between regular pink insulation and the quiet zone pink insulation in terms of sound absorbtion. I'm finishing my basement and am looking for whether there is a difference. at this point the only thing that I have read is that the sound and Safe is better. My contractor has said that roxul is better but that quiet zone is the same as pink insulation.

Based on what I have read it seems that the only difference between the pink regular insulation and the Quiet Zone is that the Quiet Zone has a paper backing. It doesn't seem densier or heavier.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

No, the difference won't be noticeable. If you want to make a difference install resiellant channeling before installing the drywall. The addition of different densities/mediums will dead the sound. Lots of great info on the AVSForums from discussions of people putting home theatres in their basements.

Cheers,

Detox

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)