Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Fongo.com - Talk Freely To The World - FREE MOBILE Phone Service!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2022 5:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2290 posts
1948 upvotes
Does anyone know why I can't find the DellVoice app in the Apple AppStore?. I installed it on my iPad a few days ago and it was still there, but I can't find it now that I want to install it on iPhone4?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15584 posts
7024 upvotes
Gatineau
Rip whitney houston!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
ShinNoodles wrote: Does anyone know why I can't find the DellVoice app in the Apple AppStore?. I installed it on my iPad a few days ago and it was still there, but I can't find it now that I want to install it on iPhone4?

which store ? I have two accounts. the US account can't see it, only Canada one can.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2290 posts
1948 upvotes
chimp wrote: which store ? I have two accounts. the US account can't see it, only Canada one can.
Should be Canadian as far as I know. How can I check?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2011
7270 posts
719 upvotes
ShinNoodles wrote: Should be Canadian as far as I know. How can I check?

can you see google voice app ? if yes, it is US.

i re-install dell voice this afternoon so unless something happened since then it should be there.
Dec 19, 2005
991 posts
60 upvotes
Brampton
NorthStar wrote: Yes,for the app, type this name " screen saver by malamber " .

Awesome! Thanks NorthStar.
Nov 30, 2011
951 posts
881 upvotes
Are there plans for this to run on macbooks/pro?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14957 posts
2917 upvotes
Toronto
djino wrote: To the person with the issue of not being able to answer incoming calls to Dell Voice when their Galaxy Nexus is asleep

I just tested this over wifi and wind mobile 3g. Worked fine over both.

Perhaps you have some application on your phone that causes this issue when the phone goes to sleep.

Djino

I hate how on my galaxy nexus that everytime I reboot I have to exit the app. This service is a promo thing so don't tell your friends that its your new number lol. They will most likely charge a cheap rate someday.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4014 posts
2509 upvotes
Halifax
Bzzzzt wrote: Are there plans for this to run on macbooks/pro?

Freephoneline.ca has a Mac client available, which is another service run by Fongo.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
2132 posts
763 upvotes
wilsonlam97 wrote: I hate how on my galaxy nexus that everytime I reboot I have to exit the app. This service is a promo thing so don't tell your friends that its your new number lol. They will most likely charge a cheap rate someday.

What are you talking about? It's free for life, just like FreePhoneLine.ca.
Feb 4, 2010
213 posts
233 upvotes
home page on freephoneline.ca says 99cents / month coming in 2012
didn't see any details on it
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
dealjuice wrote: home page on freephoneline.ca says 99cents / month coming in 2012

Looks like that might be for the option of getting a US number and/or having multiple FPL numbers on a single acct, both would be new.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3328 upvotes
ceredon wrote: Looks like that might be for the option of getting a US number and/or having multiple FPL numbers on a single acct, both would be new.

Yes. The charge has nothing to do with keeping an existing single Canadian phone number. That's always free.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10945 posts
3252 upvotes
Webslinger wrote: Yes. The charge has nothing to do with keeping an existing single Canadian phone number. That's always free.
hopefully. Otherwise they'll have to change their name ;)

Though I do understand a company needing to look for ways to actually generate some sort of revenue.
Jul 13, 2005
834 posts
6 upvotes
Winnipeg
Installed the desktop app and the android app. Got 2 phone #s (each for the desktop and cell). Initial brief tests worked fine. Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Revenue may come from having your phone number, home address, date of birth, etc. They may not sell it or use it specifically, but using it generally gets them demographic information that's very valuable.

ceredon wrote: hopefully. Otherwise they'll have to change their name ;)

Though I do understand a company needing to look for ways to actually generate some sort of revenue.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
21628 posts
17281 upvotes
Markham
Curious...I got a really good phone number and was wondering since I don't pay anything, this number is allocated to me into perpetuity?

At this point, it's not the greatest so I won't be using it much. Could I port this number?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4014 posts
2509 upvotes
Halifax
dealjuice wrote: home page on freephoneline.ca says 99cents / month coming in 2012

That was clarified in the forum.fongo.com. If you want another phone number tied to the original account, it will cost you 99 cents a month more. Apparently, there will be more cities in Canada and the US to pick a number from as opposed to the current pool of numbers Fongo provides.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4014 posts
2509 upvotes
Halifax
gr8dlr wrote: Curious...I got a really good phone number and was wondering since I don't pay anything, this number is allocated to me into perpetuity?

At this point, it's not the greatest so I won't be using it much. Could I port this number?

It should be yours as long as the account is active. I think you would have to pay Fongo $50 for SIP settings before you are able to port it over to somewhere else. You can now already forward the number to another number, so it would be of limited benefit to port over.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)