• Dec 11th, 2012 3:13 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2153 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
athangappa wrote: I said , someone is gonna do your mom !! Now u get this ??
Alladin,
Please submit your resume to house of commons for PM(Prime Minister) position. You believe in that and work hard. Come back and report to us when you get the job.
Jul 25, 2008
112 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Unlike the States anyone can run for Prime Minister of Canada. Good luck, you'll need to fluently speak both French & English though.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
167 upvotes
blueroomelectronics wrote: Unlike the States anyone can run for Prime Minister of Canada. Good luck, you'll need to fluently speak both French & English though.
Going to be a bit difficult to learn French when the OP barely speaks any English!
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2010
5200 posts
167 upvotes
Lol.

If you are going to post on a forum please remove your account name from your twitter account so you can't be easily googled thanks.
ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes
:!: Warning - stop the back and forth bickering :!:
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1176 posts
84 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
HTTP04 wrote: Going to be a bit difficult to learn French when the OP barely speaks any English!
I've heard English is one if the toughest languages. So maybe he already knows French and is learning his English now so that he can be prime minister. This is actually one huge crazy goal to take over Canada and be the first person in Canada to earn 100k.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2419 posts
177 upvotes
Head over to Alberta and work on a drilling rig.
Oct 18, 2012
232 posts
27 upvotes
GTA
Watch this video before heading to Alberta. It involves lot of money but physical hard work. If you think you can do it, go ahead and earn more than $28/HR , do some overtime and get $100k in a year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr7d4yzHAIY

umop wrote: Head over to Alberta and work on a drilling rig.
Sep 21, 2004
11412 posts
7182 upvotes
Calgary
blueroomelectronics wrote: Nobody in Canada has ever earned that kind of money. That's just crazy talk!

What is PM? is that like AM?
They are the opposite of each other. Like OP and 100k salary; they are incompatible.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2007
1618 posts
2254 upvotes
Halifax
Haha, before you earn 100k you're gonna need a bit of an attitude adjustment. People like working with people who are kind/helpful/etc, and if you are good at a job, and working more hours and in places no one else wants to work, you should be set. From how you've acted and talked to people in this post; most of whom are just trying to offer honest advice you got a long way to go. I earn a little under 200 and here's how I got there.

Education - Engineering degree, finished with a great GPA.
Flexibility - I worked in places people don't want to work (northern Canada, Texas deserts, Indonesian Jungles)
Hard Work - I often work 100 hour weeks and sometimes 40-60 hr "days".
Confidence - Be confident in your abilities, know what you want, lay it out for employers. They need you as much as you need them.
Friendliness - Be a likable person, but at the same time push for what you want. There is a fine line between assertiveness and *****iness.

I've been working for almost 5 years, started with a much worse deal, and over time you just become set if you're any
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2017 posts
245 upvotes
My cumpare's nephew's friend Nitesh is a project manager from India. He makes like $120K a year after like one yr of Canadian exp.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
100k jobs are there for IT (Project Management, Directors, etc)

I know 100k jobs exist for senior support analysts, but I am talking about high level IT support, but these are not jobs most can just get a degree and cert and walk into.

That said, if it were easy to make 100k, everyone would be doing it.

Regardless of what area of IT, you need a lot of experience, like over 10 years, more than 75% of it some senior level. 10 years of entry level helps desk won't help here.

Even in the US, 100k is not so "easy" to attain. Yes, there are exceptions, but most of the time, you need to work for it.
Oct 16, 2012
12 posts
1 upvote
Making 100 K in canada is tough but doable in IT . I am only 30K away from making it . Guys please , I posted between the wrong set of people . This question is not for you .
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5186 posts
1829 upvotes
Mississauga
Work in IT. Become a contractor instead of full time employee. Most companies pay 20% higher pay because they don't have to deal with EI and benefits
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2009
2307 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
HTTP04 - what's your beef against athangappa? Or are you simply racist against someone with Indian background.

You are being super aggressive directly towards OP and seem to be unnecessarily provoked against every post OP's made.

I dont know who OP is either, and if he/she has mistake, it's good to point it out, but you are just taking it into extreme and being aggressive and judgemental against OP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)