Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Coupons

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Netflix

hidemynet.com VPN / DNS Redirector proxy $24.50/year for life

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2014 3:09 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1286 posts
1791 upvotes
Montr
Hi,

I'd like to know what would my best option be. I'm in Canada and would like to watch Netflix US and Game Center Live.

I have a 10mbps connection and would like to get the top resolution from GCL (6mbps)so i'm a bit afraid of the VPN (heard it slows your connection quite a bit)

Thank you
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
frederixx wrote: Hi,

I'd like to know what would my best option be. I'm in Canada and would like to watch Netflix US and Game Center Live.

I have a 10mbps connection and would like to get the top resolution from GCL (6mbps)so i'm a bit afraid of the VPN (heard it slows your connection quite a bit)

Thank you
You would want to use our DNS Proxy service. The DNS proxy does not proxy or vpn all connections or data streams; only those that are necessary for the websites. In most cases when using the dns proxy your computer connects directly to the stream server without going through our proxy. This means there is no slow down, the connection is only limited to how fast you can connect to the content servers for the website in question.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
I have corrected the USA blackout problem on NHL for Apple TV. Some additional problems sprang up for the app and xbox 360. Working on it now.

I'm still working on getting the PC to unblock correctly, but i'm getting closer.

Edit: I had to make some changes to get that to work, you will likely need to power cycle your device if you were already using it with the dns proxy.

Is it just me, or is the NHL site so slow it's unusable?
Nov 29, 2006
137 posts
55 upvotes
Quebec city
anyone watching Sens vs Jets on NL GameCenter Live? Is it working ?
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5125 posts
5808 upvotes
Montreal
reptileskin wrote: anyone watching Sens vs Jets on NL GameCenter Live? Is it working ?
It works. I tested with Apple TV (the only device working perfect so far). PC and Android having connection problem.

I use DD-WRT router, so I just have to enter in the Services / DNSMasq / Additional DNSMasq Options

server=/nhl.com/208.117.40.27

208.117.40.27 is hidemynet DNSProxy server

Without that line, it will be blackout, restricted, not allow to watch.

The steaming video quality is very good too...

Great job hidemynet
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
X360 wrote: It works. I tested with Apple TV (the only device working perfect so far). PC and Android having connection problem.

I use DD-WRT router, so I just have to enter in the Services / DNSMasq / Additional DNSMasq Options

server=/nhl.com/208.117.40.27

208.117.40.27 is hidemynet DNSProxy server

Without that line, it will be blackout, restricted, not allow to watch.

The steaming video quality is very good too...

Great job hidemynet
Thanks! It would have been nice if gamecenter wasn't acting all wonky, I would've been able to make sure everything was going for the next batch of games coming up in a couple hours.
Nov 24, 2008
531 posts
67 upvotes
London
Just purchased your service as a backup currently have unblock us as well but will see if i can watch the game or not is their really any difference between you guys and unblock-us?

Thanks!
Nov 29, 2006
137 posts
55 upvotes
Quebec city
trayton wrote: Just purchased your service as a backup currently have unblock us as well but will see if i can watch the game or not is their really any difference between you guys and unblock-us?

Thanks!
Where are you from ? tell us if you are able to watch a game in your region without blackouts with hidemynet....I am a unblock us right now and it looks like its working but if hidemynet is working then I'll probably switch since it's cheaper thanks
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
trayton wrote: Just purchased your service as a backup currently have unblock us as well but will see if i can watch the game or not is their really any difference between you guys and unblock-us?

Thanks!
We offer 3 types of VPN, HTTP Proxy and the DNS Proxy at a Lower Price.

Edit:

Xbox 360 is now working for all regions (no blackouts)
Browser is working, but there are still black outs for some USA games.
Android is working, but there are still black outs for some USA games.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3258 posts
2116 upvotes
Montréal, QC
watching Habs vs Leafs on my AppleTV
but doesn't work on my Xbox360
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
Clee wrote: watching Habs vs Leafs on my AppleTV
but doesn't work on my Xbox360
I noticed that after the services (the nhl website, not our service) came back up, they went back down. I had trouble accessing from browser, android, etc again. It seems the apple tv is the only one that doesnt share resources with the other devices/website. When the browser goes down, xbox and the rest seem to follow. Earlier when the site was having so much problems (throwing error messages, general not loading on all platforms), only the apple tv would work as well. If the website doesnt display the game thumbnails with scores, and it take 2minutes or more to load the gamecenter page, then only the apple tv would work for me.

Website (nhl site) just started working again. Give it 20 minutes and try xbox again.
Deal Fanatic
May 13, 2005
5125 posts
5808 upvotes
Montreal
Continue testing with 2 live games left of the day, both still play fine with PC and Apple TV...

I try the iPad, it plays only around 20 secs then stop. If try to play again, it try again at the same beginning spot and stop at the same spot...

Look like unblock-us has similar working devices... iPad not working yet...

http://support.unblock-us.com/customer/ ... -blackouts
Jul 13, 2005
834 posts
6 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have to say now I am totally sold to hidemynet purely because of the tech. support service provided. It looks to me that this guy is simply available 24X7, both here and on the support ticket system (though I am not completely sure it's the same person). I tried contacted the support twice today (remember it's Sat. today!) and all immediately got response. Both trouble shooting were done quick and fast, within 5 to 10 minutes. Now all devices in my house, including two Blu-Ray players can stream from netflix US beautifully.

This is the best tech. support I have ever received, bar none! and remember I myself is in IT area and heavily involved in networking ...
hidemynet wrote: We need to configure our service to work with your device. I do not have any blu-ray media players on hand at the moment. But, netflix is not that hard to get going. If you're willing to work with me via support ticket I can analyze your connectivity on our end and get netflix working for both your devices. It will take about 1 hour at most, and hopefully no longer than 5 minutes. However, I'm still waiting on getting our next batch of ip addresses so I can continue setting up more devices/sites. Until I get additional ip addresses for our USA dns proxy server, I won't be able to get anything additional running. (I should have them today, I will follow up with the datacenter now).
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1286 posts
1791 upvotes
Montr
hidemynet wrote: You would want to use our DNS Proxy service. The DNS proxy does not proxy or vpn all connections or data streams; only those that are necessary for the websites. In most cases when using the dns proxy your computer connects directly to the stream server without going through our proxy. This means there is no slow down, the connection is only limited to how fast you can connect to the content servers for the website in question.
Is it possible to test it for a few days before having to buy the full year?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
frederixx wrote: Is it possible to test it for a few days before having to buy the full year?
We have no trial accounts, or method of offering trial accounts. But we do offer a 30 day refund guarantee. Just submit a support ticket to the refund request department and I will make sure it gets processed in 60 minutes or less.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1286 posts
1791 upvotes
Montr
hidemynet wrote: We have no trial accounts, or method of offering trial accounts. But we do offer a 30 day refund guarantee. Just submit a support ticket to the refund request department and I will make sure it gets processed in 60 minutes or less.
To get the DNS proxy, i select the Basic VPN service?
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
frederixx wrote: To get the DNS proxy, i select the Basic VPN service?
Correct, we just have one package, it includes all servers and vpn & proxy types.
Jan 14, 2013
86 posts
20 upvotes
frederixx wrote: To get the DNS proxy, i select the Basic VPN service?
Correct, we just have one package, it includes all servers and vpn/proxy types.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)