Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell Vostro 470 Desktop w/Core i7-3770, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, Geforce GT 620 $599 - Hot!

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2013 11:00 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1491 posts
611 upvotes
Markham
jg123 wrote: $749.19 with 6 gigs of RAM, seems like a great deal!
Don't forget about the Cash Back Option.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Needed a new desktop, using a 6 year old machine at work (Athlon 64 4200.) I was finding the CPU can't keep up so this should be a huge upgrade.

I just want to swap the harddrive from the old machine into this new V 470 (Windows 8 is on the old machine.) And then run repair or whatever so Win8 autodetects the new hardware. Has anyone done this? Anything I should keep in mind?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1711 posts
646 upvotes
[QUOTE]Don't forget about the Cash Back Option. [/QUOTE]

I did it, never did cash back before - how long before the $16 shows up in my account or till I see it as pending?

If I give a friend my green cash back link to buy it, will I get that cash back to?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1240 posts
337 upvotes
Montréal
Is this pc built the same way the OP dis coulld hnadle games like civ 5 , diablo 3 and older rts games like the Total war series and Company of heroes ?
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I am really out of the loop in terms of hardware. How will the performance of the stock video card be on this? All I would need video power for is photo editing in Adobe Lightroom as I work with RAW files, I don't care about gaming.

From my understanding, this is one of the fastest CPUs generally available, correct? I do a lot of backups with large 7z archives and I want a CPU that can keep up.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1711 posts
646 upvotes
I think this computer will run many newer games at at least meduim settings. I run Diablo3 on my 2 year old i3 laptop with a dedicated 1 gig card.
May 16, 2005
137 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal
Seriously considering getting this and then upgrading the video card and memory
Feb 16, 2009
122 posts
65 upvotes
For those wondering: Free returns within 30 days, no restocking fee.

I couldn't find accurate info on their site about this so I called and spoke with a CSR to confirm.
Mar 14, 2013
253 posts
59 upvotes
Montreal
Kurtz7834 wrote: I am really out of the loop in terms of hardware. How will the performance of the stock video card be on this? All I would need video power for is photo editing in Adobe Lightroom as I work with RAW files, I don't care about gaming.

From my understanding, this is one of the fastest CPUs generally available, correct? I do a lot of backups with large 7z archives and I want a CPU that can keep up.
The cpu is good , that video card is complete trash.
I got basically the same one with my xps 8500 which i immediately swapped out , i would not attempt gaming on that card honestly.
For gaming hell no , for adobe lightroom ... maybe? I have no idea when it comes to Adobe , but i can tell you the card is pretty bad.
It might just suit your needs however , so with no restocking fee i guess all you can lose is money to ship the thing back if you dont like it...but buying a better video card would be a better option imo.

For backing up / compressing and such - the cpu is great. But if youre doing large files , i would recommend more ram.

Still a fantastic deal.

Cheers
Sep 21, 2009
873 posts
196 upvotes
good deal if your brainwashd enough to pay for brand

if you like to pay same money and get most power and specs there are plenty laptop deals for this money which give you way better cpu power storage etc..
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1240 posts
337 upvotes
Montréal
Is 4 gb only mean that the ram must be upgrade too for gaming ? If gaming require upgrading video card, ram and psu this deal is becoming less hot for a entry level gaming machine.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1584 posts
113 upvotes
kolok wrote: good deal if your brainwashd enough to pay for brand

if you like to pay same money and get most power and specs there are plenty laptop deals for this money which give you way better cpu power storage etc..
There's nothing in a laptop that's the equivalent of a i7-3770, is there?
Jul 13, 2005
834 posts
6 upvotes
Winnipeg
Kurtz7834 wrote: I am really out of the loop in terms of hardware. How will the performance of the stock video card be on this? All I would need video power for is photo editing in Adobe Lightroom as I work with RAW files, I don't care about gaming.

This combination of video card+CPU should be more than enough to handle the Lightroom jobs -- I myself is a heavy lightroom user too, though more RAM might help speeding up your work too.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1584 posts
113 upvotes
tostaky wrote: Is 4 gb only mean that the ram must be upgrade too for gaming ? If gaming require upgrading video card, ram and psu this deal is becoming less hot for a entry level gaming machine.
You have two spare slots for ram so just pay the $15 to get an extra 2GB and you'll be sitting at 6GB which should be plenty for games, even 4GB should be ok.

Video card and PSU upgrades are mandatory if you want to seriously game here but the price is low enough that even after you swap out the GT620 and 350W PSU you should still be ahead.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18402 posts
9704 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

So I can get a LAPTOP that's faster than this DESKTOP for $600? Really?
Dec 3, 2012
563 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tostaky wrote: Is 4 gb only mean that the ram must be upgrade too for gaming ? If gaming require upgrading video card, ram and psu this deal is becoming less hot for a entry level gaming machine.
You can do some light gaming just fine on this rig. What are you looking to play?

This deal is okay. It's warm but I wouldn't say it's hot. Unless you're doing something very CPU-heavy, you don't need an i7. If you do, chances are you'll want to upgrade GPU/PSU anyway, which makes the cost a little unreasonable.

For everyday use/gaming, a standard i5-3570k build is roughly the same price but will greatly outperform in the graphics department (at the 600 price point you can get a decent 7850 or 560 Ti).
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1711 posts
646 upvotes
Can I use this video card with the existing 350w power supply? Just saw it needs a minimum 400w supply

HIS iCooler H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
There are? Where? Any examples?
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
jg123 wrote: Can I use this video card with the existing 350w power supply? Just saw it needs a minimum 400w supply

HIS iCooler H775F1GD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card
350W is very low... I'd upgrade.
Jul 13, 2005
834 posts
6 upvotes
Winnipeg

Come on, you are even talking about laptops (for this price and this CPU set up)?

Are you serious or giving a late April Fool prank?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)