Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

SportChek: The North Face eTip Gloves $25.19 w TA (reg $44.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2013 11:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario

SportChek: The North Face eTip Gloves $25.19 w TA (reg $44.99)

$31.49 - 20% TeamAssist coupon

http://m.sportchek.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=23541756

Unisex Sm-XL

Note this deal requires you to have a TeamAssist coupon or ask in the other thread. Can only be applied in store.

(Btw, I bought these and they are not "outdoor winter" gloves, more like winter car gloves)
15 replies
Feb 25, 2010
445 posts
455 upvotes
HALIFAX
I got these as a gift last year and they're terrible. They're so thin you might as well not be wearing them, and the e-tip fingers are so fat that they would work with a tablet at best. There is no way you could type with these.
Banned
Mar 19, 2005
2563 posts
66 upvotes
daveybuoy wrote: I got these as a gift last year and they're terrible. They're so thin you might as well not be wearing them, and the e-tip fingers are so fat that they would work with a tablet at best. There is no way you could type with these.
did you find a pair you can recommend
?
Oct 6, 2011
435 posts
105 upvotes
daveybuoy wrote: I got these as a gift last year and they're terrible. They're so thin you might as well not be wearing them, and the e-tip fingers are so fat that they would work with a tablet at best. There is no way you could type with these.
Thanks for the info! It's what I expected, so I'll pass
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1765 posts
832 upvotes
I got a pair of these, they're pretty thin, but they're good enough if you're not outside for a long time. I think the fit is quite good for me, i got small. I can type pretty decent on my Nexus 4.
Feb 23, 2010
504 posts
236 upvotes
EDMONTON
I used to have a pair of these, lost them. Bought a similar pair of "Head" branded gloves at Costco, $12.99 a pair.

Great driving gloves, yes they are thin but you get more dexterity out of it. Also folds up nicely into a pocket. I can't type on my phone with these either, but modern phones are pretty good at Voice to Text and I can navigate well enough to turn that on.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Last year's model had the big silver pads, these don't. I'm typing on them right now no problem. I agree, they are still thin though as described in post 1 in terms of warmth.
Dec 10, 2009
342 posts
568 upvotes
Agreed on very thin, not very useful if colder temps. THF does have better gloves than this particular style. I picked up The Cascade gloves from MEC (available as gloves or mitts) for $24. Much better quality and warmth.
Jul 11, 2011
89 posts
33 upvotes
Calgary
r22yu wrote: I used to have a pair of these, lost them. Bought a similar pair of "Head" branded gloves at Costco, $12.99 a pair.

Great driving gloves, yes they are thin but you get more dexterity out of it. Also folds up nicely into a pocket. I can't type on my phone with these either, but modern phones are pretty good at Voice to Text and I can navigate well enough to turn that on.
I also got the "Head" brand gloves from Costco which are thin like the North Face ones mentioned by the OP. Still can't type with them, but I can answer and make a call and they do keep the chill off. Great for driving with the little grippy things.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Costco has some similar Head "running" gloves for $24.99 every day. They work great on my phone. I absolutely LOVE them, though I would not use them at below freezing temperatures.
- casual gastronomist -
Mar 12, 2012
669 posts
795 upvotes
Belleville
I'm lucky enough to have Raynaud phenomenon, so cold weather, even mildly cold weather KILLS my fingers in a super short period of time. Pretty much no glove is warm enough for my fingers to "be outside" but usually work okay for going from the house to the car, etc. This year I really wanted touch screen compatible gloves as avoiding any air exposure is important, once an attack starts it can't be stopped without applying warmth.

I tried a pair of Columbia Trail Runner gloves - very thin, and not very warm, but easy to do any task with them. (i.e. use the smart phone, get a card from my wallet, type on a keyboard). Pretty cold gloves, but so versatile I was still trying them out. Also thin enough to wear as liners under other gloves. However, after 2 weeks of casual use they started falling apart. Honestly, they probably weren't warm enough anyway.. but I tried!

Then I went big, and purchased a pair of the current Outdoor Research Sensor gloves. These suckers aren't cheap, costing close to $90. These ones have touchscreen on all fingers and (for some reason) the palm. Worst gloves I have ever, EVER owned, touch screen or not. They went back the day I got them. Horrible fit, fabric bunches up, finger tips are so bulky the etouch part was basically pointless, and surprisingly COLD. I mean those are insulated gloves so they should have had some warmth...

Then I found 'Glider Gloves'. They have urban and winter versions. $30 online, but I found them locally for $25. (You can buy at Rogers stores, Fido, Staples and a few other places that escape my mind right now) So far they are great!! I bought the winter ones (thicker, warmer) I mean they are thin enough that I can write text and e-mail, the entire glove is touch screen compatible, no stupid "silver finger tip". They are warmer than I expected and so far have kept my fingers from having an attack, so I expect the average person would find them quite comfortable. You wouldn't want them to going skiing or anything, but for a day to day they are nice. The palms have little grippers on them so your phone doesn't going flying out of your hand, and the tag is made out of microfiber to clean your screen.

Not really a hot deal in itself (i.e. not on sale anywhere that I know off) but it's hot in the fact that (for me) these $25 gloves performed far better than the $40 columbia or the $90 Outdoor research. They are stretchy, but sized small. I wear an extra large and I wouldn't want them any smaller.

I just ordered a pair from lands end.. Will try them out when I get them this week, but the glider gloves are excellent.
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
delavoie wrote: I have both, the North Face and these T-Max Heat Windrivers..
http://www.marks.com/shop/en/marks-mark ... heat-32088

There is really no difference.. i find the Windrivers as good if not better then the North Face for $19.99, use the mailing list coupon to save even more!
so not warm at all?

Thanks! I was gonna grab a pair of Windrivers..
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17118 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
lol you expect to type on your phone/tablet with these gloves?!
they are made so you can swipe to answer an incoming call. or perhaps dial a number on the large number dial pads.

type. lol

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)