Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Play Saints Row IV for free this weekend

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2014 7:55 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto

Play Saints Row IV for free this weekend

Deal Link:
A free weekend has commenced for Saints Row IV on Steam as the open world action sequel is gratis to play between now and 4:00 pm EST Sunday, with a 50% discount available to those who decide they want to buy it. Here's word from Steam News:

The US President must save the Earth from alien overlord Zinyak using an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons in the wildest open world game ever.

The epic conclusion to the game that changed all the rules! The Saints have gone from the crackhouse to the White House—but the Earth has been invaded and it’s up to you to free the world from Overlord Zinyak and his alien empire. With homies new and old by your side, and an arsenal of superpowers and strange weapons, you must save the world in the wildest open world game ever!

Link: http://store.steampowered.com/news/12224/
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2001
4486 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
Already downloaded, already dissapointed.

Does not work with Windows XP at all.
A US nickel is worth more than 5 cents.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2005
1201 posts
1693 upvotes
Calgary
ZenOps wrote: Already downloaded, already dissapointed.

lol
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39756 upvotes
Toronto
ZenOps wrote: Already downloaded, already dissapointed.

from Wiki " Windows XP was released worldwide for retail sale on October 25, 2001"

you really surprised a game from 2013 doesn't work on it?
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2001
4486 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
sprung wrote: from Wiki " Windows XP was released worldwide for retail sale on October 25, 2001"

you really surprised a game from 2013 doesn't work on it?
Yup. There is only one other game that I have that doesn't. Strike Suit Infinity.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

There is still a solid 6% of us out there. Technically more XP users than all Vista users on steam. Plenty of older games don't work well (or at all) on the new operating systems.

I will probably update the main gaming machine to Windows 9, probably next year.
A US nickel is worth more than 5 cents.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2008
2539 posts
960 upvotes
Halifax
No support for Windows 95 either... ugh... :razz:
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
ZenOps wrote: Yup. There is only one other game that I have that doesn't. Strike Suit Infinity.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

There is still a solid 6% of us out there. Technically more XP users than all Vista users on steam. Plenty of older games don't work well (or at all) on the new operating systems.

I will probably update the main gaming machine to Windows 9, probably next year.
Yeah, I plan to turn my XP machine into a gaming rig too due to compatibility reasons. I still have plenty of older PC games, and for them compatibility is far more important than CPU power. (They were never designed with today's quad cores in mind anyway).
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)