Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

FS: Philips QT4014 Beard Trimmer: $4.99 (w/coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2014 3:59 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 20, 2011
61 posts
85 upvotes
CALGARY
Just picked up the trimmer from Walmart after Price matching with FutureShop and then using the $20 coupon to purchase the trimmer for $8.24 including tax.

Note: I tried purchasing directly at Futureshop (Heartland, Mississauga) initially, but the coupon code was not recognized by the counter system and hence they could not apply the $20 discount. Although the cashier was really great and printed out the webpage with the discount and told me to try and get it from Walmart!! :)
Mar 29, 2011
37 posts
16 upvotes
London
I had been watching this trimmer since BF and pulled the trigger after boxing week. Well worth the $20 I paid.

That said, you don't want this if you're looking for a clean, baby bottom shave.
Mar 29, 2007
525 posts
74 upvotes
-
djemzine wrote: How are the reviews on this one?

I also had a question too. Normally what I use to shave my beard is the manual razor and not these powered ones. I was also told that using such powered ones, makes the person's beard grow faster and have a rough skin surface or something like that.
Inno wrote: I've been using various trimmers for many years. In my experience, the only kind worth buying is the plug-in type that the pros use.

They have way more power, are much better made and last forever with proper care. Battery-operated/rechargeables give you no end of pain.

I got my "pro" Wahl trimmer at a hairdresser supply place downtown TO (near greyhound bus terminal) for like $30 years ago and it's still going strong.

I haven't used this Particular Philips model, but rather This one. I've had it for a couple plus years and have traveled a bunch with it and it's had a few tumbles etc... and it's still going strong, and I have stupid tough ginger might as well be copper wool type facial hair. FWIW I shave with a EJ Safety Razor and Feather blades as it's the only stuff that gets through my hair. If anything a trimmer like this saves wear and tear on your face vs shaving and mine has never lacked enough juice or snagged my hair.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
So, denied at our local FS, they told me that they no longer accept any coupons, except for the Disney ones, and only if they are the issuer??? I am sure that the CSR was lying... also denied a return, because I didn't have the receipt, was only for $4 anyhow, no biggie, I am stuck with the item, but she told me that they no longer do instore credit for no receipt returns, they simply don't accept them. I go to point out their return policy up on the wall and it's changed, it says right on there, WITH receipt, they will accept up to 30 days, some items only 14, and that's it, no more mention of without receipt, etc. And on the cash register, the plastic sign there also has no more mention of non-receipt returns...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2004
1603 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
jackass_ca wrote: So, denied at our local FS, they told me that they no longer accept any coupons, except for the Disney ones, and only if they are the issuer??? I am sure that the CSR was lying... also denied a return, because I didn't have the receipt, was only for $4 anyhow, no biggie, I am stuck with the item, but she told me that they no longer do instore credit for no receipt returns, they simply don't accept them. I go to point out their return policy up on the wall and it's changed, it says right on there, WITH receipt, they will accept up to 30 days, some items only 14, and that's it, no more mention of without receipt, etc. And on the cash register, the plastic sign there also has no more mention of non-receipt returns...
yah thats because too much of no receipt returns/scams ... a business can take a hit for only so much
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Went to Aurora BB, showed them the coupon and they said the system won't accept the coupon. They asked its only for selected retailers. I didn't bother arguing, and walked out. Went to the Walmart nearby with the FS flyer, PMed + used the coupon. Walmart applied taxes first, then took the coupon off. $8.24.
Blanka
Dec 19, 2011
911 posts
500 upvotes
Brampton
djemzine wrote: Went to Aurora BB, showed them the coupon and they said the system won't accept the coupon. They asked its only for selected retailers. I didn't bother arguing, and walked out. Went to the Walmart nearby with the FS flyer, PMed + used the coupon. Walmart applied taxes first, then took the coupon off. $8.24.
I was denied at the FS too in Guelph. Will try WM now.
Feb 20, 2012
118 posts
43 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
djemzine wrote: Ugh I don't want to install Javascripts and such. Anyone can share the coupon as a PDF?
Here's a link to a PDF. One document with the three "Shaver" coupons.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1254 posts
155 upvotes
PCalvin wrote: worked for me at Best Buy!
Thanks OP
Same here at 'BB Anjou' it took at least 15+ minutes and they took the $20 coupon.
All-in for $5.74

Just before I went to 'FF Anjou' and presented the coupon, the cashier asked
for the Assistant Manager and he didn't want to take the coupon and told me 'I had
to write to Philips and send a copy of the bill and they would reimbursement me $20 !

I told the cashier that what the coupon stated is that they (FF) would be reimbursed by Philips

Now the Cashier came back with the Manager and he told me that the name of FF wasn't
written on the coupon
so they couldn't take the coupon and he also added that since 6 years
FF didn't take coupons ! . . I asked him where was-it written that they didn't take
'Coupons ?' . . He answered : "Go at a Pharmacy (Jean-Coutu) . . . they take coupons !"

An Arabian ! His name 'Charfani' (or so, a Hand Written Business Card) 'Store Manager'

In Quebec, where can I lodge a complaint ?

Thanks OP . . . and thanked
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1457 posts
888 upvotes
Vancouver
I'll give it a shot, but that coupon looks awful crappy printed out.. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets rejected.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
I picked one up today, far easier price matching at Walmart and using the coupon, then dealing with poor service at Futureshop and Bestbuy.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
7220 posts
5989 upvotes
I went to FS in Richmond Hill On. Cashier was clueless. She called for the manager and there was a 3 employee huddle. Manager came over and told me because the item is on sale they won't accept the coupon. I tried explaining to him that when No Frills puts a can of beans on sale they still accept the Heinz mfr coupon for 10 cents off - as the coupon comes from the mfr and not the retailer. My logic fell on deaf ears .
I politely told the manager that I was looking to buy 3 new stainless steel kitchen appliances as we are redoing out kitchen and his actions just cost FS my sale and I walked out.
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
insane666 wrote: Just install java and you don't have to worry about it. I'm surprised you don't have it. A bunch of websites I go to use it. It's not malicious!

Anyways, I think this deal is a HUGE YMMV. Th OP used a coupon for a shaver and bought a trimmer. Two separate things.
Java is always a huge security flaw in browsers. If you install it, be sure to disable it again until you need it.
Apr 29, 2006
426 posts
181 upvotes
Brampton / Caledon
Bordak wrote: I picked one up today, far easier price matching at Walmart and using the coupon, then dealing with poor service at Futureshop and Bestbuy.

Yep. Walmart cashier looked at the coupon for 10 seconds and processed along with the PM.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)