Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco East Deals: Feb 3 to Feb 9 - in store sales & liquidation items

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2014 9:35 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6423 posts
2210 upvotes
Cheap Cat wrote: I have both a memory foam topper and a memory foam mattress and I love them. Memory foam adjusts to your body heat. If you get into a cold bed, it will be hard at first but it will soften with your body temp. In the winter, when I have left my bed uncovered, I have found the mattress too hard at first. I solved that problem by making my bed or at least pulling the duvet up to cover it. My bedroom is on the cold side. In the extreme heat in the summer with no A/C, I have found it a little too soft. Other than that, it is perfect. Note I have various injuries which necessitate having a comfortable bed and memory suits this purpose very well.
Thanks for your advice. Do you feel that you sink into the bed a lot? or generally you are supported? I tend to like firmer beds so I was a bit worried I'd sink in

Avocado oil is much better for cooking then olive oil because it is more stable at high heat - olive oil oxides easily, so you should actually eat olive oil as is instead of cooking with it. This avocado oil is refined though so it may lose nutritional value during processing, although I read a forum post of someone who claimed to work for Chosen Foods that quoted some %s loss that were not too bad: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/14617 ... ntry156665. The Chosen Food brand is very tasteless, so its pretty good to add healthy fat to your food without changing the taste. I read other brands of avocado oil have a strong taste. I cook with coconut oil but I recently bought this to try and added it to some foods
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
afong56 wrote: started with this memory foam topper a few years ago. awesome product. switched to a full memory foam mattress recently. still awesome.

the best thing i can say is that i never wake up thinking about what was wrong with my bed, or how poor my sleeps are--with memory foam all you get is pure sleep--no dealing with sore backs, stiff neck, shoulder pain, etc.

you can sleep on your back, on your side, it doesn't matter--it conforms to your body shape, gives support, and you don't have to think about it.
Same story for me. A couple years back, I pulled my back moving (lol)
Aftra few weeks I was still feeling it, bought the novaform topper when it was on sale. Back was good to go within a week.

A few months later the whole mattress went on sale, so I decided to upgrade to the whole thing.
Only difference I found was that the topper was much softer than the complete mattress. I actually like the mattress more because of this. Though the topper is soft and comfy if you just want that.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Pyro wrote: Thanks for your advice. Do you feel that you sink into the bed a lot? or generally you are supported? I tend to like firmer beds so I was a bit worried I'd sink in

Avocado oil is much better for cooking then olive oil because it is more stable at high heat - olive oil oxides easily, so you should actually eat olive oil as is instead of cooking with it. This avocado oil is refined though so it may lose nutritional value during processing, although I read a forum post of someone who claimed to work for Chosen Foods that quoted some %s loss that were not too bad: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/14617 ... ntry156665. The Chosen Food brand is very tasteless, so its pretty good to add healthy fat to your food without changing the taste. I read other brands of avocado oil have a strong taste. I cook with coconut oil but I recently bought this to try and added it to some foods
1. I like firmer beds too yet feel supported on the Nova (although the mattress underneath we have is quite firm). I bought the topper for my wife who thought our new mattress was too firm. At first I preferred the mattress on it's own and I felt like I was sinking on the topper. After a few days, I noticed although it might feel like a plush pillow-top, it did not have the same effect of poor support, mainly because it conforms to the shape of your body and distributes pressure more effectively than non-memory foam toppers allowing positions closer to the natural curvature of your spine. I really like it now and my wife couldn't be happier.

[IMG]http://routineorder.com/wordpress/wp-co ... ttress.png[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.militarymegamall.com/wp-cont ... e-maps.jpg[/IMG]

2. Sometimes I don't like cooking with olive oil due to the taste it adds. Do you mean this avocado oil is tasteless on its own, when you cook with it, or both? Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6423 posts
2210 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote:
2. Sometimes I don't like cooking with olive oil due to the taste it adds. Do you mean this avocado oil is tasteless on its own, when you cook with it, or both? Thanks.
Both imo. I used this oil instead of olive oil on some fish last night before panfrying it, didn't really taste it. I also add it to protein shakes and don't notice it. I haven't tried it on salads yet. Previously I had a bottle of ovoo and I tried it on both salads and protein shakes and didn't like it, so for me the avocado oil is a lot better because I don't taste it. This brand of avacado oil is also light in color, I read that other brands are a darker green - could be from the processing where the brand manager claims that chlorophyll, waxes etc is removed, but I think it's possible that some nutrients are gone as well along with making the taste lighter

ps: apparently I was wrong about how easily olive oil oxidizes: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defendin ... eputation/
But the whole thing about ovoo fraud makes me not want to buy it anyways. Costco is careful about picking suppliers so I'll go with this instead
Jul 23, 2007
65 posts
1 upvote
Cambridge
Pyro wrote: Both imo. I used this oil instead of olive oil on some fish last night before panfrying it, didn't really taste it. I also add it to protein shakes and don't notice it. I haven't tried it on salads yet. Previously I had a bottle of ovoo and I tried it on both salads and protein shakes and didn't like it, so for me the avocado oil is a lot better because I don't taste it. This brand of avacado oil is also light in color, I read that other brands are a darker green - could be from the processing where the brand manager claims that chlorophyll, waxes etc is removed, but I think it's possible that some nutrients are gone as well along with making the taste lighter

ps: apparently I was wrong about how easily olive oil oxidizes: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/defendin ... eputation/
But the whole thing about ovoo fraud makes me not want to buy it anyways. Costco is careful about picking suppliers so I'll go with this instead
How does avocado oil compare to coconut oil in terms of health? I know that coconut oil is healthier than olive oil.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2006
2206 posts
314 upvotes
Montreal
One thing to remember about Avocado Oil: it has a CRAZY high smoke point. That makes it excellent for stir-frying, greasing BBQ grills, etc.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2008
1069 posts
1353 upvotes
Toronto
skymtl wrote: one thing to remember about avocado oil: It has a crazy high smoke point. That makes it excellent for stir-frying, greasing bbq grills, etc.
this.
Jun 16, 2010
69 posts
22 upvotes
You are taking all the fun out of going to Costco....kidding. Thanks for the great post!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
---------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 24th, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
11318 posts
3866 upvotes
Nowhere
Pyro wrote: Thanks for your advice. Do you feel that you sink into the bed a lot? or generally you are supported? I tend to like firmer beds so I was a bit worried I'd sink in
I don't like firm beds. I do find the memory foam mattress is firmer than the topper which is why I use both. But I do feel well supported. I am female and a side sleeper so I need some give on the hips. Both of mine are Novaforms purchased at Costco. The first Novaform mattress didn't fully expand (the corners). It comes vacuum sealed in a box and has to be left out to expand. I did contact Novaform to see if there was a way to get it to expand, there wasn't and they wanted me to send them a sample to start the warranty process but I just ended up returning to Costco for a full refund. I didn't want to be stuck with the mattress. I waited a while before buying a second Novaform mattress in case it was a defective batch and have had this one for about 8 yrs.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
3787 posts
67 upvotes
my mattress is not a novaform--it's a sealy, so i can't comment on the firmness of their full mattresses

the sealy is quite firm, which i love.

memory foam has a lot of give if you apply pressure at a specific point, but if your whole body is laying on it, the weight is distributed, and i find i don't sink in at all. . .it just nicely cradles every part of my body that comes into contact with the mattress.

some people say that they have issues with heat retention and the mattresses being 'warm' to sleep with. i haven't noticed this phenomenon, regardless of season (of course, with hvac, the house has a very narrow range of temperatures).
May 17, 2004
43 posts
3 upvotes
Maraschino cherries 3 pack for 1.97 at warden location clearing out tonight. Won't be there tomorrow
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11955 posts
3699 upvotes
Kingston
afong56 wrote: started with this memory foam topper a few years ago. awesome product. switched to a full memory foam mattress recently. still awesome.

the best thing i can say is that i never wake up thinking about what was wrong with my bed, or how poor my sleeps are--with memory foam all you get is pure sleep--no dealing with sore backs, stiff neck, shoulder pain, etc.

you can sleep on your back, on your side, it doesn't matter--it conforms to your body shape, gives support, and you don't have to think about it.
+1
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2002
1952 posts
137 upvotes
Belleville
Thanks OP. Picked up memory foam, Twitos, and 2 year Balderson Cheddar.

Best time to go to Costco is during a storm... store was virtually empty and no wait for samples.
Jul 7, 2013
214 posts
69 upvotes
TROIS-RIVIERES
SKYMTL wrote: I have an unhealthy addiction with those Twistos.

On the other hand, I absolutely detest that Greek Yogurt. The texture is gross and the flavors taste "off". The Oikos one is so much better.
I can't stop buying those since the first time i bought the 12 pack. for 7,99 its crazy! at my local grocery in trois-rivieres, they sell for 1,79$ each.
I also like it because for the gym it is fast protein. I think you can't go wrong for those greek yogurt for health purpose.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)