Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Future Shop

Samsung UN60F6400 $1300 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2014 8:48 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
thebigfatman wrote: Meanwhile at Futureshop:
"I was selling a TV to a dude, but he was on the fence, so I told him that the price was wrong and we were going to jack it up soon and that he should buy it right now! AND HE DID!"
/salesmen highfive
Cool story bro.. too bad he was actually going to buy it regardless, I was just relaying the message here to people in case it was YMMV and on the fence

I could care less who is buying it or not, I have nothing to do with Futureshop lol

You must have alot of free time on your hand ...
Jul 10, 2011
105 posts
42 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Oh! Snap..Just Bought Panasonic TC-P55ST60 :cry: for $1350...would have bought Samsung :facepalm:
Jan 12, 2005
586 posts
156 upvotes
AB
digitalyogi wrote: Oh! Snap..Just Bought Panasonic TC-P55ST60 :cry: for $1350...would have bought Samsung :facepalm:
no way! I'd take the panny everytime over any current led offerings.

but this looks to be a very good price for the sammy. gonna let my brother know. thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
wmahmud wrote:
You must have alot of free time on your hand ...
What makes you think this guy is an amputee? How do you know he only has one hand?
Jul 10, 2011
105 posts
42 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
KennyC wrote: no way! I'd take the panny everytime over any current led offerings.

but this looks to be a very good price for the sammy. gonna let my brother know. thanks OP.
KennyC do you still think Panasonic TC-P55ST60 better over this Samsung model. I don't watch much sports or Play games
Jan 12, 2005
586 posts
156 upvotes
AB
digitalyogi wrote: KennyC do you still think Panasonic TC-P55ST60 better over this Samsung model. I don't watch much sports or Play games
I cannot speak on this Samsung unit. Im sure its a capable tv.
But regarding that Panasonic you got, I'd personally keep it. It is a desirable tv, especially if you plan to use it to watch blurays or high quality video or sports (im thinking hockey here). Go google and see what the experts and owners say https://www.google.ca/search?q=P55ST60& ... 3&ie=UTF-8
May 2, 2013
161 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
My heads up for those going for this TV. I have 55 in TV and it is an excellent performer.
Aug 20, 2013
286 posts
73 upvotes
N/A
KennyC wrote: no way! I'd take the panny everytime over any current led offerings.

Ye gods... Both 'snap' and 'panny' in one post....
Aug 20, 2013
286 posts
73 upvotes
N/A
thebigfatman wrote: Meanwhile at Futureshop:
"I was selling a TV to a dude, but he was on the fence, so I told him that the price was wrong and we were going to jack it up soon and that he should buy it right now! AND HE DID!"
/salesmen highfive
This is a gooder.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
damn, need a 65" , this looks like a great price though
Dec 24, 2012
199 posts
55 upvotes
mtlboy wrote: damn, need a 65" , this looks like a great price though
Was at boss sound in etobicoke this week. Ended up getting the 60f6400 for $1299 there. they price matched. Was considering the 65 inch ones. They had 65f6300 for $1525 and 65f6400 for $1699.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2010
1022 posts
365 upvotes
Gary27 wrote: My heads up for those going for this TV. I have 55 in TV and it is an excellent performer.
What picture settings are you using? I have to be honest, I am very underwhelmed by the PQ of this set. I tried tweaking the settings myself as well as using some calibrations of other users online and just can't get a satisfying picture out of this thing.

I had the PN60F5500 for a few weeks prior to this and I was really happy with it's picture. But I sent it back for the F6400 because I was having issues with the glare during daytime viewing and was also getting some vertical banding when watching hockey.
Jan 5, 2007
11 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I got one of these tonight at FS Yonge and Dundas, they still about 100 of them in their warehouse Cory told me. 1299.99
May 2, 2013
161 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
boykee wrote: What picture settings are you using? I have to be honest, I am very underwhelmed by the PQ of this set. I tried tweaking the settings myself as well as using some calibrations of other users online and just can't get a satisfying picture out of this thing.

I had the PN60F5500 for a few weeks prior to this and I was really happy with it's picture. But I sent it back for the F6400 because I was having issues with the glare during daytime viewing and was also getting some vertical banding when watching hockey.
I also heard it is lower than PN in some aspects and increased on other but as I haven't seen previous one so I can't comment. I am PMing you the link from where I did the setting.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2539 posts
2332 upvotes
Tore On Toe
Samsung 60" 1080p 120Hz 3D LED Smart TV (UN60F6400AFXZC)
---
As an AI language model, I cannot generate inappropriate or offensive content.
Oct 22, 2006
444 posts
31 upvotes
Gloucester
Picked one up at FS Merivale road in Ottawa - CSR was shocked at the price - they did not have a floor model so I could not confirm PQ - hoping its worth the $1300, if not, back it will go.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1164 posts
479 upvotes
Quebec
Your delivery is scheduled when guys? For me is the next tuesday. (There was nothing available before!)
Max
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
boykee wrote: What picture settings are you using? I have to be honest, I am very underwhelmed by the PQ of this set. I tried tweaking the settings myself as well as using some calibrations of other users online and just can't get a satisfying picture out of this thing.

You need to dl a free calibration video and calibrate it yourself. Another's picture settings if done right will suit their tv in their room/setting not yours. Doing this is in no way any better than simply using the settings for cinema or what have you that were set at the factory.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2010
1022 posts
365 upvotes
betamaxman wrote: You need to dl a free calibration video and calibrate it yourself. Another's picture settings if done right will suit their tv in their room/setting not yours. Doing this is in no way any better than simply using the settings for cinema or what have you that were set at the factory.
Thanks, I will try this. Suggestions of said free calibration videos?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6307 posts
3200 upvotes
Cornwall PE
http://www.avsforum.com/t/948496/avs-hd ... alibration
I had the same banding problems with the 5500, returned it for another. Though still present it is much less and acceptable.
You won't need a blue filter for color settings just select 'blue mode' in the samsung's settings. Does the same thing. The important thing is to do the brightness and contrast settings for your room and then adjust for color and so on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB1WMnCh4iM
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)