• Apr 21st, 2016 2:39 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1947 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
In north america amongst currently sold cars it would have to be the Crosstour.
The all time champ would be the Aztek.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
MikeMC12 wrote: Yup...try that with any other minivan in North America at that time.
I'd imagine you could do that with an Aerostar or and Astro/Safari, given they were all RWD. Not mid-engine, but you don't need that to slide around like that.

Also I dunno what exactly it's going to do with that "mighty" 260hp Lexus V8 in it but people have gotten 1st gen (80s) Dodge Caravans with the 2.5L turbo motor to run 12s.

But all that stuff aside, whether you can do doughnuts or make it go fast as stink, nobody today is going to want to drive any of the above.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
MikeMC12 wrote: All is forgiven because:

1. Mid-engined? Check

2. RWD? Check

3. Able to do this? Check

Yup...try that with any other minivan in North America at that time.
Also available with supercharged engine, but it always looked like a big bubble to me. It also came in the ugliest "turquoise frost color"
Dec 7, 2012
547 posts
71 upvotes
MikeMC12 wrote: All is forgiven because:

1. Mid-engined? Check

2. RWD? Check

3. Able to do this? Check

Yup...try that with any other minivan in North America at that time.
I miss my Previa. 5 speed, special order
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21389 posts
23729 upvotes
Richmond Hill
bobbyz101 wrote: Also available with supercharged engine, but it always looked like a big bubble to me. It also came in the ugliest "turquoise frost color"
Toyota has never really made any good looking cars. Only one I can think of that is, is the 2nd gen MR2 (sw20)... Which isn't exactly original looking either. Toyota also paints their cars in some of the nastiest colours too, especially true for the hybrid line ups.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
EP32k2 wrote: Toyota has never really made any good looking cars. Only one I can think of that is, is the 2nd gen MR2 (sw20)... Which isn't exactly original looking either. Toyota also paints their cars in some of the nastiest colours too, especially true for the hybrid line ups.
Didn't they make the Peseo or something? I think it was to rival the Honda Del Sol.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1165 posts
979 upvotes
Ottawa
EP32k2 wrote: Toyota has never really made any good looking cars. Only one I can think of that is, is the 2nd gen MR2 (sw20)... Which isn't exactly original looking either. Toyota also paints their cars in some of the nastiest colours too, especially true for the hybrid line ups.
I always appreciated the Celica
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
3141 posts
1023 upvotes
Toronto
AndrewShev wrote: 2014 models still have cassette players, no power options, no a/c
And when they have a head on collision with a Mack truck, they still come out on top lol.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Supercooled wrote: Didn't they make the Peseo or something? I think it was to rival the Honda Del Sol.
Nah Paseo was just some weirdo-mobile 100hp car that I have no idea why they even produced. It was like a 2dr/coupe version of Tercel or Corolla. There was a convertible version but not really anything like the Civic del sol (which is technically a targa top, not a convertible per se).

I once knew a guy that had one (coupe not convertible) and he claimed he loved it, I thought it was a POS lol. Looks like the name Paseo actually means walk/stroll which is about right 'cause you could probably get out and run faster :lol:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)